New COD title surfaces - Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 27, 2016.

1. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I find it funny how people talk trash about CoD, and yet they still play other shooters that are much less diverse. I personally haven't played CoD since the first Modern Warfare and I don't really care to play the others, but there is only so much you can do with the FPS genre.

Think of it like this though - change the name of the title, the developers, and the publisher, and suddenly there would be a lot less complaining. Let's face it - Call of Duty is the de-facto for FPSes, just as Need for Speed is the de-facto for racing, or Final Fantasy is for RPGs. This doesn't imply they're the best choices, but there are dozens of releases of them for a reason.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    it's funny just as new COD will be out every year there will be a thread of people bashing it and then when released it will make a billion dollars.I suspect Activision doesn't really care what you guys think who I also suspect are in the real minority if sales figures are any indication.

3. Hardcore8uk

Hardcore8uk Guest

GPU:
    Club3D 2x HD 7970 XFIRE
    Yes when are they going to launch a game with another title?, it was refreshing to see Battlefield Hardline

4. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I'm gonna go on a limb and say the gaming market no longer caters to people like Guru3D or any other gamer with deeper tastes.

The gaming market is now 80% pre-teen kids who don't know any better.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    That's partially true. I'd say that primarily applies to AAA titles. I probably buy a AAA title once every 2 years, because it's all the same stupid crap. I've been using the same gaming PC for 6 years (with incremental upgrades throughout) because it can handle everything I personally throw at it, which tends to be titles with much less financial backing.

I plan to upgrade most of my hardware later this year, not because I'm prepping for the latest AAA titles, but because I want something more power efficient with equivalent (or better) performance to what I have now.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Seuu, this means that us that want change are heard loud and clear on the internetz and those who enjoy the game just buy and play it without commenting about it anywhere?

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I wish the Call of Duty series had died already.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Those of you that want change are clearly in the minority.

9. JoseyWales

JoseyWales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GIG
    Well, if they get the space part right I will buy it.. I hope they do.:)

As for the haters, might as well say the same about them all.. Should they come up with a new name or just concentrate on bettering a franchise? If you get a good story to play through and plenty of good multi action I don't really see a problem with the yearly drops. As long as there is a continual improvement I'm good with franchise games.

10. ScottishPickle

ScottishPickle Member

GPU:
    8gb DDR3 1666
    Dude, don't worry about it if you're not going to buy it.

Chill

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    From what I see all over the place are the people that don't like are the most vocal and calling people that do like it no minds and every other name for no other reason other than they disagree.Different strokes for different folks.I'll admit I buy it as I can jump into a match for a half hour at a time and it's a great time waster.I don't need a game I devote all my free time to as I have a life other than COD or any other game.I'm a 62 year old guy that gets his ass handed to him all the time but I play just good enough to piss some people off and I rather enjoy that lol. Don't like it don't buy it and no need to jump into every COD thread and crap on it if you don't like it.

12. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    cod makes millions every year all they have to do is reskin it and keep watch the money roll in , its a console game its nothing special on the pc console is where it makes the money , every year theres new batch of kids turn 10 year old get a console for xmas an cod is the game they want and they dont know any better they think its amazing, if you on pc gaming for a few years its not exciting because we have better graphics access to modded games higher res ...etc were looking for more advanced games not console fodder also online games sell the sony and microsoft online subscription service so they get nice chunk of money

13. JoseyWales

JoseyWales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GIG
    Those console users pay the bills.. We get better graphics and more options on PC because of it as well. We miss on some exclusives but most of the time we make out pretty good with the ports, Batman titles not withstanding..

14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Space, the final frontier. HOPEFULLY. ^^

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    If its anything like futuremark's Shattered Horizon then it could be interesting.

16. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream

good pc ports is that a joke? most pc games they release broken or unfinished, metal gear was best pc port i played in 2015 it looked nice and ran a smooth 60 fps maxed , batman, fallout 4 and just cause 3 were all bad ports to run on my system and had outdated looking graphics ( batman and jc3 i steam refunded i still have fallout 4 only because i get fun out of modding it

17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Coming up with a new name sure requires a lot of effort. It's such a daunting task it will make the game ***** **** no doubt about it.

Seriously what's the point?

Let's call all the super hero movies The Avengers. What's the point having different titles anyway? yeah let's call all of them The Avengers and focus about making them good instead.

Batman? Nah! let's call it The Avengers.
    Spiderman? Nah! let's call it The Avengers.
    Ironman? No way let's call it The Avengers.
    Thor? THE AVENGERS.

Sound like a good plan to me.

18. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    :puke2: (the yellow guy is CoD.. ) :) stoped at Modern Warfare2 and even that was too much

19. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    Call Of Who?

20. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    If you think CoD has had continual improvement in the last few years you are honestly mistaken.

Whatever improvements they have made are "patches" to other developers, no need to create a new game every year.