Nvidia GeForce 364.96 Hotfix Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Apr 14, 2016.

1. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    avoid using prime95

2. That's because Prime95 is not a comprehensive test for overclocking. Linx can push the processor to its absolute max and will do that in a matter of minutes.

3. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Interlaced resolutions cause applications to crash at start up under ddraw, under d3d it just overscans desktop resolution by 4x and shows the top left corner. I´d like to be able to use this feature.

Windows 10 64bit
    Gtx950

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It's not just the 980 TI on this driver. I had a few lockups on this set in DS3, but the OC was a bit too high. Last set I ran my current OC just fine, took off 5mhz on the core and no problem.

5. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Is there any fix for the sttuter in menus or opening chest is dark souls 3 with those drivers?

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Just installed this driver with my just revived i7 4770K + ASRock Z87 Extreme6 + 2x GTX Titan, so far it's looking good. Tried a couple of games (UT3 and Serious SAM HD), ran SteamVR and Firestrike, and it's good thus far....

*keeps fingers crossed*

7. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Thought the same thing, problem is I burnt out my cpu by running prime95 for 24 hour, or at least lowered its life expectancy. Closest I get to prime95 now a days is ESD Decrypter ;-).

Regards

8. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970

To this day Prime95 is the best tool to check for any anomaly with a CPU as you can use it to individually check for vcore voltage, vrin, cache, vtt and more:), a CPU that fails to do simple math will fail Prime95 and a CPU that fails to do simple math will also eventually corrupt a file in the system, I can run X624 (the stress test edition) for days without problems, IBT, Linpack and still get errors on Prime95 with the same OC,if you're not getting any error on stock clocks then you shouldn't either with the OC, if you want to consider crashing just from time to time 1 out of 100 stable, then do so, but I don't follow that line of thought.

9. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    1st thing i run memtest pro on my ram & then aida64 for 5 min or until the temp stuck at the same temperature.

wasting time doing benchmark for what? straight away enjoy gaming is more reliable.

10. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Wow, DirectDraw & interlaced resolution at the same time.. :eek:
    Is we of 1999 again? I don't say that you don't have a valid point to report this, but it could hardly be any weirder. :nerd:

11. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Those things old and all are still available under windows 10 and I need them for emulators. Interlaced resolutions do work (at least for desktop) flickering and all, it just seems that apps can´t call the display mode or switch to it, not even under d3d or gdi, nor opengl or bgfx (they just seem to use another progressive mode and do some horrible stretching/overscan).

I hope this is because of the actual state of the nvidia control panel handling custom resolutions for a second monitor, which is buggy and barely usable but hopefully will get fixed eventually.

Ps.- Oh well, I checked the launch date of windows 10 and I´m shocked that this has not been addressed, 10 months :bang:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  12. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

I'ts useless for haswell and newer. I can do prime 24 hours no issues with volts that will crash in crysis 1 within 10 min, and BSOD intermittently in other games.

If it's a gaming rig, nothing but gaming is the true test of stability.

example: when I built this rig, the first week I was looking for the sweet spot for 4.6ghz.

No issues with prime 24 hours 4.6ghz at 1.2v. but games would bsod or ctd. sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after 15 min.

kept pushing it till 1.22 and haven't had a BSOD/ctd since, going nearly 3 years now.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Prime95 will only decrease the lifespan of your hardware (like any other benchmarking tool...) go play a few games and you'll know soon enough.

14. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Totally agree with all you said, not used p95 in years.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    u guys like benchmark then try occt 4.2.2! that's y u guys got so many issue with drivers. i don't have a single issue. previously yeah got TDR's but not now anymore.

16. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Hey! so about the down sampling,
    Are Nvidia's DSR More Taxing for the card than Nvidia's Custom Res?

17. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I believe DSR has ~1-3% performance penalty over doing a custom resolution.

18. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Okay! thx :)

19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Win7 64bit: Need for speed (2016) with latest 27th April Patch.

GTX680m 4GB; I think this is a NFS patch-induced bug. The game doesn't quit properly, there is a delay and then black-screen. Ctrl-alt-del shows the exe has crashed and have to click to close.

20. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    depends on the game/game engine. in some I saw zero impact on framerate, at some it's up to 10% gpu usage on my 970.