Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I hope BF5 has bots 9___9

BF2 bots were so fun, and 1924... and 2142...

And the mod that added lots and lots of bots that was so fun.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

Really doubt they'll be any bot... :s

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-5...rostbites-lod-performance-and-image-stability

"
    The listing indicates that DICE are looking to improve their Frostbite engine’s LOD, performance, and image stability.
    “Work on a game team at DICE to plan, implement and evaluate a system for computing optimal view distances for mesh LOD transition,”
    the listing reads.
    “The work will be carried out in the Frostbite game engine and the goal is to accelerate the current workflow, to improve image stability and to get more optimal LOD distances from a performance perspective.”
    "

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmm... bigger maps, so they need to have a programmer work on distances? Or what could that mean?

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Not sure how it works but Level of details optimize number of polys and shaders displayed depending on distance to camera. I guess they're just updating BF engine to modern GPU capabilities.

More fancy stuff on screen i would say :p.

It's a good sign, they're trying to push their engine a bit at least :p
    Still not hoping for an improvement like BF3 did over BF2 but still...^^

I wish they bring us some hard cookies on this one, i don't want Battlefield to start dying like other franchise T.T...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  6. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe yeah I'm with you on the informations, would really like to see some teaser material at least, would solve some questions I guess.

Sadly, some would argue that the franchise started dying once EA bought Dice :D

On another note, serious question to fellow gurus still playing BF4:
    I just recently bought a Logitech G502, and mapped the 'spot / communication' to mouse buttons as well as mouse buttons simulating a keyboard key.

Sadly, with the mouse buttons it does not hold the input long enough for the commo rose to come up, with the keyboard it works. Pressing Q and keeping it pressed for instance brings it up, both the mouse mapped to 'mouse button 3' (back thumb button) as well as the button mapped to Q does not work.

I originally thought it to be my last mouse's software's problem, but now the new one can't do it either.

Can someone of you confirm that this is not working? Is it a problem with BF4 itself or is it a problem with my system?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    u guys remember the BAD COMPANY BETA? it was hard to kill anyone. the struggle was real. they then patched the game for criers and moaners. i want that type of game. its hard to shoot. u must single fire ur rifle. u die instantly with 1, 2 bullets . that is good.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Hardcore mode of Bad Company 2 was probably one of my greatest experience at the time.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Agreed.

Also, I seriously do not want to see a billion icons covering the screen.....

In BF4 with the default settings it's just spam city of icons everywhere, I want to see the enemy player, not an icon highlighting an enemy player.

If BF5 has smoke grenades and IRNV I'm probably going to put my face through my wall :bang:

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea doritos need to go! So annoying, make spot work on the map. They need to go back to more realistic stuff.

I am sure they will have smoke grenades so might as well put your face through the wall now :D

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    You can bet on it... as well as having weapons that are far too easy to use. Part of BF series since BF3. :(

12. Karl

Karl Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 3070
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Bigger maps means more players otherwise they run the risk of folk running about vast areas without ever encountering another player. Then again it could also mean more vehicles which then renders on foot combat a bit useless.

Did they ever finally get the hit detection sorted in BF4, it was poor but predictable, i.e you could compensate for it in BF2 and BFBC2 nothing but a bloody joke in BF3 and the early reports I read for BF4 suggested it was just as poor, though I did see that they worked on the netcode through out that games life. I am I right in saying they also got rid of that utter waste of resource Punkbuster for Bf4 for an anti cheat system that, shock horror, actually worked?

If hit detection is improved and the anti cheat works, who knows I may actually give BF5 a go.

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    He wouldn't be a very good marketing manager for DICE if he was hyping DOOM :3

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

Seriously, i've seen cheaters in BF4 beta and published some early video of it. But with my hundreds of hours playing BF4, i haven't seen much of it.

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Smokegrenades = Good
    IRNV/FLIR Seeing through Smokes = Bad

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's the two combined that pisses me off.... especially on the small maps.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Battlefield prides itself on realism. :D