Flash Player keeps locking computer up... any idea?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Jw_Leonhart, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    So i've got this odd problem, anytime I try to play a flash based game the computer locks up. Now I didn't want to re-install windows so I installed Linux and just decided to dual boot, but what do you know... same thing happens.

Anyone know if there is some kind of hardware conflict and if so how I could check for it? The computer literally just locks up. Won't blue screen or give me any kind of error, just stops working and I have to manually restart the PC.

I'm running:

Asus Crosshair-V Formula-Z
    AMD FX 8350
    8GB Ram
    120GB SSD
    Secondary 1TB WD Hard Drive
    GTX 970

I'm using the onboard sound card...

I just can't figure out what the issue could possibly be. My system is overclocked but stable, and I even went to default config. to see if that would do anything with no overclock and all stock settings but it's the same result....

2. Marringu

Marringu Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1070 OC
    Does the game run in a browser? Do you use the same browser on Win and Linux?
    It might be some kind of bug in either the browser or flash-player version?

Are you able to find any log entries related to the problem in windows event viewer?

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sound to me like HW accelerations bug I had that was caused by realtek audio drivers