Quantum Break

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. theworldisover

theworldisover Guest

GPU:
    Msi 960 gamer 2gb
    Do you guys think my computer can run it? I have a 960 now instead of 560 ti and im overclocked to 3.9ghz

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The typo "overcooked" can't really be a typo in reference to an overclocked AMD CPU!

:D

3. theworldisover

theworldisover Guest

GPU:
    Msi 960 gamer 2gb
    Hahaha I would of never noticed. That's phone auto correct for ya!

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    While playing the Xbox One version I experienced the textures on a drinks machine going from high detail to N64-would-be-ashamed low res as I approached it and twice I've had certain lights appearing THROUGH Jack Joyce's head!!! The former issue has only happened once and a console restart seemed to fix the latter. And, of course, there is some ugly screen tearing too, which is really why I wanted to play the game on PC even at a locked 30 fps (minus the framepacing issue obviously).

Still no PC code but perhaps that's a good thing? :)

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, no PC code although I did get a code for 'Alan Wake: American Nightmare' on Xbox 360 (Yay /sarcasm off).

I think I am going to stay away from this game on either platform until it has been patched (several times).

Sounds like it was taken out of the oven way too early.

6. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    The game is ok-ish, runs kinda good, nothing to complain. What is a bit frustrating is the fact that all the cinematic's are at 30fps and when it goes from gameplay to cinematic and vice versa you see a bit of weird lag or something.
    Graphics isn't that good, it feels a bit like a cheap magic show, it's a bit fake tbh. But it does look good without going into detail.
    Definitely not a 980TI or FuryX game.

7. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    this might be the batman ak mess for this year...total mess.

8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Any ideas how to make fps show in this game? Any feature in windows store crap app?

9. maxx126

maxx126 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming GE 6GB
    I could only make Mirilis Action! work but even with that you need to activate stay on top from the app settings and move the main window out of the way when in the game.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Looks like they released a update for the game changing it from version 1.5.0.0 to 1.6.0.0 though I do not know what they've actually patched.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Have you got the game yet then, Jonas? If so then how is it running for you considering it is performing better on AMD cards? Or are you waiting until you know the game's many, many issues have been fixed?

Judging by the version numbers it seems like the game has been patched six times assuming the progression has been v1.1 to v1.2 to v1.3 etc, which is a bit worrying... :3eyes:

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The game released at V 1.5.0.0
    The new update is 81MB, I've been looking but can't find any information or news on what the update contained.

Some are thinking it addressed an Error message “File IO failure: createDirectoryFailed, error code 5” stopping the game from launching.

I've been watching the forums hopefully there will be an update on what the patch contains.
    Just tried the game again, nothing seems different.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I still don't own the game myself, this was taken from other discussion forums.

I might consider picking it up myself once I can find a good price for it but it's the most expensive PC game I've seen thus far currently (Well for a normal non-CE version at least.) and that along with the current technical issues and other shortcomings means I'll wait to see how much of this Remedy can fix.
    (Will have to try and find a changelog for what this update changed but there might not be one.)

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Thank you, glad i just caught this, i have a order reserved at Argo's for a xb1 controller and this game, which i get £10 off if you buy together, but bugger that now, will pick this game up at some later time down the line when it at least works on one system correctly.

Seems my aversion to everything pre-order has paid off one again. lol

15. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Finished with act II, and I have yet to run into any technical issues on my end. Though I can't measure the framerate, the game feels smooth. A few stutters here and there, but nothing gamebreaking. Settings maxed out. Graphics IMO looks good. Gameplay and story is good. Loving it so far. I certainly don't support all the claims about this port being a mess. I'm having a great time playing it:)

16. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Grabbed it on PC with the store credit I got with my 950XL, (I should have got some random stuff from the MS store for the phone or a band 2) god this game runs like crap lots of tearing and 30fps mode is just horrific feels like your moving through a swamp.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed.
    The port definitely needs work. Using the 30fps cap makes performance horrible (mostly caused by the Win10 store's forced on v-sync)... and even uncapped, there are performance issues.
    And it's disappointing that there it's lacking certain options, such as being able to turn off the film grain, and the temporal reconstruction on the resolution.

But, even so, it's far from being the "worst port" ever as so many are claiming. Even people comparing it to Arkham Knight are blowing it horribly out or proportion.
    My first time playing Arkham Knight I had performance issues, stuttering, hangs, textures not loading, scripted sequences breaking... and a few crashes to desktop.

All of which have been fixed (at least for me) and the game is now playable without issue.
    But, my first time through Quantum Break... the main issue I had... performance.
    Which... in itself isn't entirely the game's fault.
    One, being a UWP title the game is forced to always use Vsync, and plays in borderless fullscreen.
    Those are two things alone holding back performance.

Add in that Nvidia hardware is gimped here due to poor DX12 driver support.

Both of these issues could be fixed.
    MS is said to be rolling out an update in May to address the vsync issue, and Nvidia should be getting close to a new driver set. Hopefully this will improve things.

And, Remedy have already rolled out one update. And Lauri has said they are working on others... so... I'm hoping that when I decide to replay it, I'll get a much better experience.

18. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Got nothing against the game, but I got nothing against waiting for patches and a price drop either. I will wait.

19. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Started act III and have to say the story is interesting. Performance wise it runs ok, 40-50 (measured with Dxtory), maxed out with some stutters here and there which will probably get fixed once i finish the game, as this is the trend these days.
    But this will be the only game i buy on windows store. The Guantanamo bay style doesn't reflect on me. I need to have access to game files, to be able to have Afterburner running, add the game to driver profiles..normal stuff for a PC gamer..mods and all of that ****.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This game has been cracked.