nVidia Vulkan Driver 364.91 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Could you elaborate on that experience? Did you experience higher frames, but more stuttering? Or Less stuttering overall - More smooth experience?

2. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    Working great here. Thanks for the update. :)

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    All these games I played felt smoother to me. I always play with V-sync enabled, but I am very sensitive to frame latency and I think that's where the improvements I noticed came from.

A more consistent frame latency will result in smoother delivery, and a more pleasant gaming experience.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well Hitman does not work any better with these drivers under DX12 as the benchmark still freezes at the point where it shows the side of the helicopter. Event log shows the driver crashes and recovers locking me into 2D clock speeds. The benchmark runs fine under DX11 however with no driver crashes.

So have Io Interactive not fixed the DX12 crashes in this game yet (which seems unbelievable considering the game has been out a month...) or are NVIDIA's DX12 drivers just really this bad?

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well... This is intended for developers that use Vulkan.

6. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I'd guess it'd be in a new driver branch as well

Is anyone gonna give Quantum Break a go? Digitalfoundry reported that Nvidia's driver crashes in that game

7. LazyBum

LazyBum Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090
    Do these drivers fix choppy 'streaming' and random nvwgf2umx.dll crashes in Frosbite based games(BF4, BFH, SWBF etc) and GTAV?

362.00 and below does not give same problems.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    The question is, what do I do with older vulcan drivers 1.03 and 1.05...

Uninstall both and keep only 1.08?

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    This is one issue with moving to Dx12.
    With DX11 Nvidia had full control how card interacts with Dx11 through its driver.

AFAIK, Dx12 just opens the HW to the app, so its on the developer to fix,optimism etc for game. The Drivers have less to do with bugs in game, but I am sure Nvidia can point Dev to problem area if Dev is willing, maybe even help behind the scene.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I just looked at this and the old versions were still installed on my system. I removed both old versions leaving only 1.08, but, Chopper still crashes, can't start.

11. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    thanks for explaining :)

12. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
  13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, that's what is called "copy queue" in DX and it's been working fine on all NV h/w since the first DX12 driver I think.

Will check RoTTR and Hitman and report back.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

15. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Works great and that's with the old vulkan drivers uninstalled so you don't need the old ones as far as I can tell.

16. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    yes i also uninstalled the old vulkan drivers

17. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Fish demo; press tab for the options. This demo may look simplistic, but, I guarantee you in full-screen and options maxed-out; it will bring your PC to it's knees.

I'm getting 13fps with all sliders to the right.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Didn't know the awesome The Talos Principle had Vulkan support (in fact, I did not know until today that Vulkan was a low-overhead API akin to OpenGL meets DX12 as I thought it was something to do with Linux). Anyway, the runs amazingly well at 2560x1440 with completely maxed out settings except for Supersampling left at Off. I was getting 80+ FPS during gameplay which would have been sub-60 FPS on the same settings under DX11. At last, a more impressive API than the underwhelming DX12. Shame it is likely to be overlooked by most developers in favour of DX12.

19. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, I'm excited about it. What's more, I can have all the features of DX12 in WIN7! If that's not a win, then, nothing is. I hope Vulkan does well. Mobile/tablet uptake of it should be pretty good too so there's hope yet. DX12 imho is a mess. It is an ideal only. In reality it's not working out unless dev's put ALOT of extra effort in and then there's the fear of upsetting one camp or the other. Vulkan doesn't have that stigma attached. I hope we see lots of games using it soon.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok thanks,

I've just installed this driver, lets see how it goes.:nerd: Well so far I didn't have any real issues with 364.72 yet.

Edit:
    hm it automatically installed vulcan 1.08, removed 1.05, but kept 1.03.. And same here, vulcan chopper crashes with both drivers 1.03, 1.08.

But that fish demo looks interesting,
    it can heat up cpu like @Cinebench15 if I use a lot of fish lol :D (although I used silent fan profile), cpu usage goes to the max too, at one point I saw all 8 threads 80-95%+.
    with cpu OC 4.7, 4.3ghz cache fishlimit @ 60fps+ was ~2900-3000 with flocking complexity @ 2
    [​IMG]

Some random example @ avg ~1600, flocking @3
    [​IMG]

Comparison OpenGL cpu path code vs vulcan @ ~1000fish and flocking @2

Vuclan: 170fps
    [​IMG]

opengl: 30fps
    [​IMG]

Going to test some games now :nerd: