Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    Video driver have control on the refresh of the display. If for a reason the driver change the frequency of the horizontal and vertical refresh to a higher value that is not compatible with the screen frequency that will damage the screen.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Nah, you'll just get a blackscreen for a few seconds and usually an error message from the display (out of range for example) and it will reset. The driver does not do this on it's own. The user has to set a custom refresh rate.

3. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    This hasn't been true since CRT

4. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Does any one else have UI Flickering in GFE "Share" games crash when trying to stream and record!.. :/

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Video driver has a choice of several modes which are exposed by a display's firmware via PnP. If a display exposes something which it doesn't support or exposes some mode incorrectly then it's not an issue of the video driver. If a display doesn't have protection from running an unsupported mode which may even damage it then it's definitely not an issue of a video driver either.

6. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    :3eyes::3eyes:
    If peoples overclock their monitor with evga precision x16 then it is possible that they exceed the frequency that it supported by their monitor and make it fail. If NVIDIA did a error like in the pass about the fan control it is possible that they act an a way to exceed the values of those frequency and make the monitor fail like evga precision do. I know generaly that the driver doesn't exceed the values supported by the monitor. :3eyes:

7. Stop. Please. The cringe.

8. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    I have sporadic UI flickering using 2 application that uses the GPU (3ds Max+Memu Android Emulator for example) and sometimes BSOD >_<

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  9. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Jesus Christ that hurt to read!

10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Weird. on my screen, when I try to create a custom resolution with a refresh rate beyond specs, all I get is a black screen. no damage, no issues.

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    back to 364.51 until Nvidia get there **** together! xD

12. Boostereric

Boostereric Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 Mx ( notebook
    Cuda support

Hi guys
    so her'es the thing. i'm using a video converter who has CUDA support, but it seems since long time ago Nvidia changed his api , so my software didn't recognice my card ( gt 630mx) actually suing the 359.00 driver
    so is there a modded driver that can use cuda ( like i saw on an old 340 version)
    doesn't matter if it's on 359 or the new 364.72.
    Ps : i really don't want to downgrade my actual driver cuze works fine for my other software.
    thanks every one

13. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    Better smoother perf for my 980G1.
    100 points more in Firestrike too.

14. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    had 3 crash one with rise of tomb raider, batman arkham knight and star war batllefront. Roll back to 364.51 and all my games ok.

15. MediumChill

MediumChill Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970
    I'm getting an odd issue with any driver that isn't 359.

Over the course of a day, the power % reported in afterburner eventually gets 'stuck' and stops fluctuating until I restart the machine. It doesn't cause immediate issues, but eventually the driver will stop responding. This has occurred with the latest 3 drivers I've tried.

So I've been using 359 for awhile since it behaves normally and the power % will idle and adjust accordingly.

Anyone else seen this? I'd like a newer driver, hopefully in time for Dark souls 3.

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    No issue here, but on GTX 980 SLI.

Have you tried re-installing Afterburner?

I know it can have issues reporting accurately if you try to install new drivers with Afterburner open.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  17. MediumChill

MediumChill Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970
    Sort of. When I first noticed this issue I installed the newest version to see if it was AB related. And since I learned of it some time ago, I always close AB before driver installs.

Oh, worth noting, not currently OCing gpu.

18. yobooh

yobooh Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Try Mediacoder. It's Free and has always the latest cuda encoder.
    I don't think it's a great benefit over CPU conversion if you have a low cuda core count.
    In general Cuda encoding needs more MB/s than CPU to reach the same quality

19. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    I got this too, after leaving my comp idle for almost a night. But after I restarted ab, all is well again. I'm on 361.91 though.

20. Skylaw

Skylaw Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Since I've installed 374.72 on my PC, everything is running perfectly fine. But, I've started to experiment some hair lost suddenly. I've spoke to a Nvidia representative and they give me a really good service, they are sending me two awesome wigs.

Thanks to Nvidia! I still have some dignity