Quantum Break

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    may i ask if the game has reply value? or a story based game like Uncharted or latest tomb Radier games.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    As far as I know, when you get to a chapter ending, you'll have to choose between two paths, and every path changes the way things progress during the game, but there is only one ending. So I think you'll be able to play QB twice, if not even three times, in order to see the small and big changes throughout the game.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm. Thank you. this sums up it all for me.

5. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    PC version for free?

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Only if you preordered the xboxone version

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
  8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I still don't have my key unless it has been messaged to my Xbox One account (will check in a moment).

I am actually annoyed at how shoddily Microsoft are (not!) prompting Quantum Break on the PC. No pre-release build up, no pre-order and certainly very little mention of it in the adverts that I've seen so far.

And some of the early impressions from people who have managed to get hold of it do not sound too encouraging... :3eyes:

9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Probably they want to show how better the One version runs... :D

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well the Xbox One version is certainly very good, considering the limitations of its hardware, but the game still suffers from some obvious pop in and a not-quite-really-1080p-resolution plus at one point I walked over to a beautifully textured and detailed drinks dispenser only for the textures to turn into something that the Nintendo 64 would have blushed at! Clearly, the Xbox One is being pushed to its limits with this game.

I would have thought that with Remedy's PC heritage and the fact that the Xbox One is pre-dominately Windows-based and using DirectX that the PC version would be excellent. I mean it should be but maybe the issues are due to the immature DX12 on the PC platform, an API that (in my honest opinion) has been something of a huge disappointment so far, offering no performance or visual improvements over DX11. In fact, Microsoft selling Quantum Break that runs only on Windows 10 because of DX12 is really silly at this point. This game really should be available on Windows 7 and upwards in my view plus released on Steam for maximum sales. I really cannot see this game selling well on PC unless word of mouth sells it because Microsoft are certainly incapable of marketing it on anything but their beloved Xbox platform. :wanker:

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    http://www.videogamer.com/pc/quantu...ilable_on_windows_10_pc_at_2pm_uk_remedy.html

Urgh, Microsoft really do suck... apparently people who pre-ordered the Xbox One version may have to wait for their PC codes as they claim they are due the "week" from 5th April 2016, which to me means any time between now and next Monday. Surely, with digital distribution and the fact that the game was pre-ordered it should be pretty much instant and automatic to simple send the customer's a key via emailing/messaging? Apparently not with Microsoft...

http://http://wccf tech.com/quantum...performance-issues-xbox-onepc-codes-711-days/

Could be 7-11 days according to that link immediately above (remove the space between wccf and tech)!!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. One site is describing the Quantum Break PC version as being "Arkham Knight-esque", which is really concerning unless that site is just posting stuff for hits? :3eyes:

Where is TotalBiscuit's "Port Report" when you need it?

13. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Totally agree. Besides, announcing the game for PC only two months before the official release sound a little bit weird. Somebody said Remedy wanted at any cost a version for our platform but honestly I think it was made to push the Windows Store. It takes a lot to make optimizations, just think about the time spent to let the engine run on the One... As I said, i trust Remedy but i don't trust MS. If a developer like Sweeney opposes to the UWP I really think we should listen to him.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've seen one person stating they have issues (the earlier tweets posted in this thread)... and I've seen a few stating it runs great at High settings.
    I wonder if the guy who posted the tweets, says he gets 30fps at low... if he turned off "Lock to 30fps" in the options menu. :p

So... it's hard telling.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    With the game releasing on the PC at the same time it was always going to be a bad port, the whole thing like an experimental release for those who also have an X1.

Any of these reviews mention why they can play this (sorry for laziness) and any using AMD GPU's?
    This could well be a quick port so with works better on Feb.

Anyone else starting to think these MS games would have less issuesissues and better performance under DX11?

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

If the time is correct the game should be out on PC in a few minutes so we'll know shortly. :)

17. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Looks like it's out.

18. bihariel

bihariel Guest

GPU:
    bihariel
    First 20 mins PC footage:
    youtu**.com/watch?v=BMNkux6Bshw

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's out.
    42.1 gig download size.

20. bihariel

bihariel Guest

GPU:
    bihariel
    its too expensive 70 euros. Any cheap method?
    At Ukraine store 42 euros but there is no way to buy it from there.