unreal 4 Engine 4k textures (just wow!)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by -Tj-, Mar 30, 2016.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Well I think we should get back on topic.

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Good joke, or blatant lie. Anyway funny.
    In post #46, I pointed out that technique which allows for faster game assets creation will not necessarily mean better games as there are some large studios which have only one target. And that is cash cow milking at highest possible rate with minimum effort.

As it shortens game development cycle, it leaves less time for all other teams working on it. And therefore higher numbers of those people have to be hired to compensate.

And unfortunately I used CoD as example of most commonly known franchise which exhibits most (maybe all) of problems which will deepen if there are new shortcuts available.

I admit, I was wrong to do that. As result I downloaded CoD1 demo from nVidia site. And after playing through it, I took notepad and wrote essay about how ahead of time that game was.
    I was able to do that since I love real numbers and they include negative numbers as well. Unfortunately essay ended-up in Silicon Oblivion as my SSD refused to store such thing.

Edit: In light of vbetts and several futile attempts of mine to get it back on topic...

Did anyone used UE4 to create double textures for objects and dynamically changed their blending based on lighting environment? Would love to see that in action from someone who can actually say how well/badly it performs.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  3. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I'm glad you're argument is pointing out minor grammar errors.
    When I meant learn English, I meant learn the basics that allow people to correctly interpret your posts and ensure the quality of discussions stay at top quality so someone says something and in the next post, say the complete opposite then don't understand what the other person said.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's "I'm glad "your" argument..."

5. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    You should learn to be an Engrish teacher bro, instead of wasting your time picking apart forum posts.

6. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Sorry, I'm not going to do it again. lmao.

7. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Seriously bruh, take some Engrish classes. A 10 year old can see simple, easily made grammar mistakes but only people that lack the basic Engrish skills can say something, then fail to realise what they typed basic they can't interpret said Engrish language.

But seriously bro, you're wasting everyones time when you join a discussion then follow that up with "You made a grammar mistake" and nothing else.
    Oh damn, did I make a spelling mistake? I meant English.

8. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, I'm sorry, it's just ironic and retarded, that's all.

9. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
  10. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Now now bruh. Please don't speak about yourself that way. Life is about growth and learning, and we all eventually grow out of turning to generic "insults" in response to posts you do not like to hear for whatever problem (s) you may have. :)

11. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    well men i have ben lookin an observin this from teh shadows an i think us men need to stop an recollect at what we are. even tho we have the diffrent opinions an we cann all be wwrong at a end of a day we are all but men (an some woman that is like men but not as good) so what are we to argue about the stuff like this? what does it matter if u are pro cod or pro starcan3? in the end it is all the same an to argue of it is like being a man who is stuck on are toilet an says he is gone to get off but as no legs (so he cannot got off) what an idiot! (he will be their until another man gets him off)

i hope that u all came down before ur meat sandwiches get too packed an we all explode coverin innocent men in the process of the nonsesne

edits exuse me men i had the drink but if u are a man it will make snese

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Every time you post, I never have any idea what your saying, but I always find it enjoyable.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I dont understand...I thought this was nothing but panned 4K photos? You're telling me that this is a texture covered scene within the 3D engine? :eek:

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    https://youtu.be/7_dDpdibtJ0

15. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    What do you mean based on lighting environment? I don't think it's quite easy to do in the material editor, since lighting isn't accessable in a deferred shader (lighting is done at a later rendering stage after the material shader is rendered into the gbuffer).

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Hellblade developers do something like that on main character's skin. But doing it with terrain where parts may end up in very dark shadows is likely prone to problems.

This demo has baked in lighting which makes it photo realistic but it is not dynamic. But blending fully lit and dark scans based on some method would allow for same level of photo realistic lighting of scene before we degrade it with out usual dynamic lighting/shadows from actors we know in regular games.

It may even be lighter on resources. Like having cubemap reflection and on top of that having reflection only of dynamic objects on scene. (Instead of doing full reflection of everything.)

17. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I feel like that picture by Tj was an April fools joke and that the pucture was taken in his backyard.