Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Which part of parts fail can and will fail with out warning. dont you get believe what you want but drivers cant cause hw to fail failing parts cause hw to fail, short of a bug that disabled fans.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  2. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    GPU OC potential is less, same for memory. To be honest memory OC is a great card killer. Few crashes at the beginning what users don't realize it is hw failure. Then artifacts come up or having trouble to boot. It won't happen in 2 days.

Basically , always some crashes what the user can explain for him self. It is not. HW failure. Can cause of driver or users massive stupid unacknowledged of OC. Example of driver and hw side hand in hand: on amd side, in DX 12 running less gpu freq because of the nature of dx 12. Nvidia driver/hw boost max freq is not have been tested truly by HW vendors and so on.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nice, so is code physical? If not, then, no theory can account for what's possible due to variables.

4. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Almost forgot, it is a common practice by nvidia to achieve more performance to apply faster routine implementations by driver branch. Since the code push the hw more to the limits , causes more failure. As i mentioned, driver/hw boost maximum are not tested by vendors believe it or not. It is just one thing. Ask anyone else who's got knowledge in this matter. There are going to say the same thing or remain in silent . I am not talking about the regular optimizations.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016

5. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Man overclocking your memory doesn't kill your card, if your card crashes because of memory artifacts, it will not have caused actually physical damage to the memory, just unstable in that it returns incorrect, unexpected values

6. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Almost.

7. VAlbomb

VAlbomb Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia G1 Gaming GTX 970
    I still have a 9600gt in a old rig I use to play Call of Duty 4 from time to time.
    One time it started artifacting, gave it good dusting, reapplied thermal compound and that fixed it.

8. Stop, you're embarassing yourself.

9. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    It is normal but i was talking about those crashes but users normally explain . of course can happen by many other hw component but the average users don't realize those things. We are here. i would assume , we are not average users.
    Dust can cause many other problems too.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    again that dont mean components wont fail after years, this what certain people dont grasp, which rather funny consider this in enthusiasts forums, it should common knowledge around here, then again no one would want to admit there components failed or are are fualty they rather blame other things.

my 3dfx voodoo works just as good as the day i got it and that is 20 years old at this point , but 9800gtx failed after 4+ years with it, HW fails and there isnt always warning sign it as simple as that. people not wanting to admit that and rather blame drivers for kill things dont change that fact.

11. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    i don't :D
    Just because most of the users don't know about amd and nvidia hw , it is not my problem. You can still say silly things like that without any valid informations to reply . i have my connections to developers and hw engineers .
    perfect example rise of the tomb raider. Developer guy gave me some info about the dx 12 problems couple months before. Now you can experience it. You are free to find my comment at overclockers.co.uk

p.s. : also very interesting about fermi dx 12 driver. Not just because fermi owners finally can use it but in certain codes.
    End of story from my part. I will not share the more info for a while.

12. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Cooling helps because it reduces leakage current in the IC; cooler GPU means less energetic electrons less likely to tunnel through potential boundaries :wanker:

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Actually it is, it all comes down to let a current get trough or not.
    As for overdriving displays so they get destroyed, that isn't the display card drivers fault.

14. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I accidentally set my overclockable monitor to 140hz,despite the maximum reported clock being 120hz,aside from a lot of funny business on screen it just reset to previous settings after 20 seconds and I moved on, I don't think it even damages monitor

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No, it's available to all NV GPU users on R364+ drivers.

That's exactly how everything in a PC dies usually, videocards included.

Ehm, no? I have zero issues with NV's drivers - no more than usually. And I use the new Win10 drivers.
    Definitely not anywhere near even modern ATI driver days ;)

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    :) Overdriving the display is something different, it is basically increasing voltage to make the crystals change state faster.

17. GatitoMimosin

GatitoMimosin Active Member

GPU:
    msi gaming x 3060ti
    This driver 364.72 is amazing for me, all games look better... not change driver for long time, this driver is perfect for me

18. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    hahahahaha Barack Obama and i laughed so hard at this comment :stewpid:

But my contacts with the nasa engineers said dx12 will be most of the time pointless unless they release a hardware with shader model 6.0, and i think my contacts are more capable than yours xD xD xD

19. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  20. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Oh, my bad. I googled this however, and it appears it hasn't been possible for the last decade or more, integrated overvoltage protection on monitors.