Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Is there an easy way to backup custom resolutions in Windows 10? I'm tired of adding one by one after every new driver installation. NCRBackup Tool doesn't work for me.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Doesn't it keep them if you don't check the 'Clean install' box?

3. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 4070
    Thanks. Such simple solution :bang:

4. modjo81

modjo81 New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 970 4gb
    nvidia its the new amd with drivers **** you nvidia.miss 8800 ultra and stable drivers.with this driver my gtx 970 runs ok and after minutes gpu usage gos to 100 % and procesor to bf 4 more sttuters .no problem with 362 driver.nvidia **** you for worse and vorse driver.for 400 500 and 700 dolars cards you must deliver corect driver not this ****ed driver.soon they be make bade driver for 900 series to like for 700 to buy pascal **** you nvidia we are not all fool and easy to manypulate.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    100% agree with you as I have exactly the same grievance with the NVIDIA control panel and even GeForce Experience as you. NVIDIA *have* improved things in the last few months so it is quicker than before but there's still a frustrating 5-10 second delay between opening it and being able to actually use it (from a Windows 10 install on a SATA3 SSD by the way).

I would expect more optimised behaviour considering the number of background tasks that NVIDIA have running. Getting a "not responding" message does get a bit tedious.

As for the design, well the NVIDIA control panel is bland, seemingly going to for functionality over looks, something I thought would actually make it faster but it is can be as sluggish at times as GeForce Experience.

It has been a few years since I last used the ATI software (when I had HD5870 CFX actually) but I remember their software looked nice and ran fine without any noticeable delays (back then though the ATI Suite was much simpler as it did not have per-game profiles for example).

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, my cards boosts to 1450 somewhat at stock, at first I put them under water and was feeling ambitious, yet I don't think that I'd get my cards to 1550 (where I wanted to go under air). Not tested bios overclocking though, yet my driver crashes if I apply too much voltage anyway (via unwinders 3rd party hardware for AB). As in, after +70mv it just crashes under load, I guess it's that crappy chip on my cards. Got to 1490 though with stock voltages and 125% power target, so we'll see about those things.

Would be curious to where you can go, looking forward to any updates ;)

If I may ask, how often do you guys access the control panel? I use it almost exclusively once after I install a new driver, but what do you change there that a 5 second delay is annoying you that much? (To clarify: I understand it if you use it multiple times a day, but I don't see why you'd need it if you got the inspector).

7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Near daily, my HDTV is on its way out and stops recognizing itself after a day of usage so. After it does get recognized of course all the scaling/sizing options have reset so I have to do those again.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ah I see, makes sense. It's not the usual I have to guess, but yeah, then it's a pita.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I use it like you, only 1st install to set dsr, extra tweaks in global profile and video settings then close it and use nvinspector.

Btw nvcpl can be responsive right away, just dont use driver profile tab.. e.g. close nvcpl in resolution or video tab then it will start right away by next boot (no 5-10sec wait).
    At least it remembers that last tab used.. also sometimes not right by boot it will load driver profile too.. its like it stalls only by fresh boot..

Nah I want dynamic clock, voltage.. Also to use idle freq. and low voltage like on my old 780gtx..
    Mine doest throttle anyway.. its just max oc is not what i expected.. anyway this not the right topic.

Was just saying it would be nice if driver didnt have certain freq. Locks etc.. I think/I know NV can influence gpu freq. With driver too.. Limit it lower..

Remember 580gtx and 1ghz issue? They artificially limited it in driver, so thats why I said that about 1.5ghz gm200 limit and lower voltage lock..

Happened with gk110 too @ 337.xx + driver. Voltage was locked to 1.20v or lower e.g. 1.187v (instead of max 1.21v like by 335.xx or older).. one titan black user reported the same..

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  10. chirop

chirop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 1080 X
    WoW alt-tab issue seems fixed and fps seems to jump a lot less.
    The 364.51 completly utterly messed with my setup that i had to revert back to 362.00.

Hopes it stays this way fingers crossed.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Then don't use TDP base entry to 0, 3D base entry to 0, and Boost entry to 0. Leave them by default, and modify the rest. U will have idle clocks and volts. That's the setting i use.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I dont want to flash to some absurd value or break gpu boost 2.0.. 1405 mhz is ok and stays there.. 1480mhz @ 1.21v also by manual Oc.
    Its the thing beyond 1480mhz.. 1.23v doesnt help and like I said the card is unlocked to 1.287v its the driver that doesnt let it above 1.23v.

Btw I edited my post and added this voltage bit at end..

13. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Maybe, I always use the 'Clean install' option (because custom resolution is the only thing I want to backup). I will try with those. Thank you.

14. Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX-980 Gaming 4G SLI
    Try this if you want to keep your settings after a clean install. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it will keep your custom resolutions or not. I am going to give it a try when I update to these drivers as soon as I finish this WU from Stanford.
    http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2168426#2168472

15. Cygnific

Cygnific Member

GPU:
    2070S Gaming-X
    The CP takes 2 seconds to open here and GE about 5. Are you sure it doesn't search for files that are missing? You can try Process Monitor to check that.

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    don't trust the driver for reading voltage if you modded your bios....or never(if hard or soft modding)

I seen this hax version of firestorm crap app

https://mega.nz/#!rpB1lKBY!OODJdzGU2dpfhGPT51quQGvQmDmsacDmquOvxjbS2qQ

it allows voltage up to 1.60v I think but 1.35ish should be safe if you have great air or water cooling...

you said you get red dots? it may be heat arties so you might have ti reapply paste if you care lol.
    I wish I had my amp x to test the software...that card gave up about 1500 too.

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    oh I might as well add this driver is fine for everyday stuff u know yt movies some benches fell off but catzilla is running very well w7 750ti

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    AMD's software was definitely worse before Crimson driver and now it's really fast but from the UX/UI point of view it's gotten even worse than it was with Catalyst in my opinion.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No change on a single 980Ti in FCP here.

20. osborn666

osborn666 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX Titan X 16GB
    After installing this I'm only getting black screen plus mouse cursor in Division. I'll try to redo it with clean install because for some reason this time I didn't chose that.