Nvidia GeForce 364.72 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by masterchan777, Mar 28, 2016.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You can run it directly from C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\YourDriverVersion\Win10_64\International\LEDVisualizer\NvLedVisualizer.exe
    You don't need to install GFE.

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    On my laptop this driver is a nice step-up from the last driver for Need For Speed. I estimate 20-27% performance increase. This optimisation has helped mainly the minimum frames a fair bit and now on maxed settings at 1920x1200 I am seeing gfx doing it's best to hold 50-60 a lot better, rather than 40-60. This doesn't mean there aren't fps drops, as very high light count areas and crashes will still take fps down to 37, but, it feels a lot smoother than before. Even in the garage, fps went up from 55 to 65-70. I was hoping for 20fps improvement for steady 60fps, but, 10fps+ is still a nice boost. Well-done Nvidia!

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I thought we were going to have a riot, but it got postponed, nice save Nvidia.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Haven't read about any major issues here, or did I miss something? Not really wanting to kill my windows installation with this...

5. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Lazy install completed fine, just Driver, PhysX and HDAudio checked with no clean install checked either. No reboot required, played RIDE, Marvel Heros and Trackmania Turbo fine without issue.

Not sure if driver update this way is really an update at all until you do restart the system, i know it say's it's the latest driver installed but does it really change reg and stuff without a reboot, not 100% sure on that one.

Just using a single HDMI connected 1080p HDTV atm since my main monitor has died.

They seem good to me no issues and maybe a few extra fps in one or two games. win 10

6. Will nvidia 364.72 drivers stable version yet

7. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Game switched to fullscreen windowed borderless, switching back to full screen solved the problem, running smooth now 2k ultra :)

8. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I think it would be proper to include which O.S. you're running when advising of issues etc.. Problems with Win. 10 may not happen with Win 7, 8.1 etc. Wouldn't you agree?

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Just tried MPC-HC, latest stable release and had no issues..

I concur with RotTR on these drivers. The difference in smoothness between these drivers and the previous set is remarkable!

I mucked around in the Division a bit, and it did feel smoother to me.

10. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Slight increase for me in far cry primal v 361.91 sli enabled at 4k. Never drops below 60fps now.

11. Ash

Ash Active Member

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI
    Frankly I don't care how the control panel looks, my biggest problem is how slow this POS is. I run my system off an SSD, and this is the slowest thing I have, by a large margin.
    Takes ages to open it, ages to change anything and applying a change is also taking it's sweet time.
    Feels pretty weird. Been like this for ages as well, on multiple system installs and drivers, so it ain't a local problem.

12. rsnubje

rsnubje New Member

GPU:
    PoV GTX 680
    Funny that you should mention your HT is off. This acutally gives a performance bump in The Division.

13. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    With these drivers my control panel loads instantly. Last driver I had 361.91 took forever.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dayumn.. common silly pc shop get me ma new ramz :grin: really want to try these now.

Would be even nicer if I could test higher gpu oc.. Mine seems to tdr at anything higher then 1480mhz or sometimes cause red dots here and there.. Would be awesome to run that 1.5Ghz mark and be stable, well apparently older 353.xx 355.xx drivers were ok, at least judging by gpu reviwers all ran them at 1500 or even higher.. I tested only 361 and 362 and 364.54 when I got this gpu :nerd:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    ^ You need to mod your bios then, using maxwell bios tweaker. Just to force a fixed voltage in load and some increased TDP limit. Like 1.25v is the common safe.

16. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    Removed

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Callin

Its not that.. I think. My bios is unlocked to 320W tdp by default + extra power limit to 390w, voltage also to 1.287v but driver stops it at 1.23v. At least it looks like it when I checked with mbt 1.36 and I also modded it to extreme edition values (tdp, freq.)

1.21 or 1.23v doesnt help, its like I hit a wall at 1480mhz, unless it really needs 1.25v but yeah it appears as if driver limits to 1.23v.. asic is 73% so its not totally crappy.. If it were psu it would reset pc not cause occasjonal red dots - e.g. firestrike 2nd test or 3dmark11 test2 and test4.. or RoTR in geothermal vally benchmark. All stop at 1480mhz :infinity:

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Huh, very interesting. Now that my CPU and RAM are stable at the wanted levels, my next thing would be GPU OC, but not sure where to start, find it out in AB first, then apply to BIOS?

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Y3ah something like that, just dont flash to max max clock..Chose middle ground.

I flashed mine from stock 1340mhz boost to 1405mhz boost , its the limit at stock 1.187v, 1417mhz could be doable too but I played it safe. Ram from 7050? to 7220mhz.
    I dont oc it higher though, just for bench.. its enough power like that by default anyway. But yeah that magic 1.5ghz looks nice to test :p

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Well i have what volts i want from my bios mod. I hope its the same on GM200 as well as on GM204, i mean to lock it on what volts you want, you need to match those three first sliders at the same voltages u want to put, from maxwell bios tweaker. And then just modify all the clock voltages (CLK's) from 35 down to 74. There is a nice guide here, from where i got my how to modding my bios.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1522651/disable-boost-and-bake-in-max-game-stable-clocks-for-maxwell

In his picture, he highlighted all four voltage sliders including P00 and P02 states. But you only need those first 3. For GM204 at least, those 3 first voltage sliders are keeping my voltage in-game at fixed rate. Does not drop, does not throttle.