Nvidia Inspector introduction and Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Nov 5, 2015.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    May i ask, (probably a silly question)

Any plans for amd cards?

2. Thanks for the update. Is there any reason we have to use a separate app to launch the profile editor now? The previous implementation allowed for quick access and I was rather fond of it.

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    frame rate limiter is working or not?

4. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    hi

I found 3 new settings that I didn't see before:

1. Icafe settings
    2. Maximum GPU power
    3. List of Uniwersal GPU ids

What are this settings and what they do?

5. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    "weird font" must be intentional. I do have a right vertical scrollbar on 1.9.7.4 (2.11). FWIW, I'm on win7.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Does any one know what all the Frame rate limiter options do? cause there is over 2 dozen of them?

7. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    Also you can change Gsync into ULMB :D from now

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Btw in 1.9.7.4 the font look weird also look like it might be tearing with scrolling almost like happens in Firefox when HW acceleration is off which to say it font looks wierd and it start to tear, and .net does use hw acceleration , i though i think . net should have hw acceleration enabled by default unless it manual disabled

Btw is there reason why there is no 30, 60 , 75 , 90 , 120 fps option for framelimiter now??

I just noticed according to AB/RTSS framerate counter both nvidia inspector and RTSS limiter limit to number they set to, where as before I Was seeing 1-2 fps devation from nvidia inspector implementation and would like to set nvidia inspector to 60 fps, though going from 1.9.7.6 which said 60fps to 1.9.7.4 with out touching settings that 60 fps was listed as 61.8.

9. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    When u limit something on nvidia inspector, it actually limits almost 2 fps higher. Now in this update it just displays the fps in the correct number.

For example 65 fps on the old inspector, in-game was actually almost 67 fps.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so it never really had 60fps option? which why RTSS framecounter never really show 60fps?

Gahthering this just how nvidia implemented the option? and RTSS limit is only one that can really limit it to what it set too aka 60 fps and not the 61.8 inspector show of the 60 fps option?

well at lest driver changes since I last really check, fix the 1-2 higher and lower fps that was shown when 60 fps pick, as month ago RTSS use show 60fps which is now 61.8 according to nvidia inspector droping to 58 fps and jumping to 62 fps at random, now it actual show fps that was picked.

Still think profile manager has hw accleration disable in it which would explain why font looks weird and it seem to tear when scrolling.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTSS is the only option that really limits the fps on what u really want. And its the best in terms of lag.

The division game, doesn't like RTSS's frame limiter, i have some mouse stutter while using it, and im stuck with nvidia inspector. Also in-game fps limiter also sucks, because ruins the smoothness.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so i am right in thinking inspector is just exposing the OPTION hidden in the nvidia drivers, I still want to know why Nvidia put the function in the drivers and actual told people the option is there but still to this date have it hidden, why is the option still not listed in the NVCP??

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dunno, inspector runs for some good years. Probably at a time nvidia will overhaul their drivers, and make them like AMD did with their drivers, then they will put an official frame limiter option there. But it will not be as good as RTSS. AMD's driver frame limiter is not that good in terms of input lag or some sort.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    oh RTSS is better imo, if I could set RTSS limiter with out actual have RTSS running I would use it to limit. Swtor is engine is mess to begin with so any stuttering inspector introduces irrelevant compared to own stutters

15. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    those can be manually edited in the inspector cfg files. I remember talking to orbmu2k about it years back, and he explained to me how it's done. But I didn't bookmark it.

Pretty sure it was on guru3d though.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    mean this

http://www.overclock.net/t/1368777/how-to-create-custom-fps-limits-in-inspector

I dont have CustomSettingNames_en-EN any more i deleted it think it would be recreated when 1.9.7.4 started but it wasnt remade

17. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I dont think the cfg works anymore in the new version, since he separated the actual software from the driver tweaker.

When i updated i had my cfg tweaked to my fps numbers.

But this new version is better, has very dense increments in fps, u can use what fps u want. Problem is that the program doesn't cap it at a fixed number, as it shows into the fps table now.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah 1.9.7.4 dont support CustomSettingNames_en-EN.xml or use it any more so this is not an option with 1.9.7.4, but atlest i atlest i found mirror to 1.9.7.3

Beside the manual way the wouldnt mater the 3c shown for hex number in 1.9.7.3 for 60fps is 61.8 in 1.9.7.4

19. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    But you have every fps you want, there. Also, the hex values are kinda wrong, or its fishy how it measures the fps.

For example 60.7 fps, hex value in the software is 3B. And 3B hex value is for 59 fps, not 60, and not 61.
    And the other hex values from other fps limits.

EDIT: I think is the same hex values from previous version. But now instead of fixed numbers, it just shows the actual fps you are gonna see in games.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it dont have 60fps or 75 fps etc my point was why dont it have exactly those limits?? is cause that is just how Nvidia implemented the function and inspector is just doing what the drivers allow?

any my other points was hex values are the same from 1.9.7.3 to 1.9.7.4 but the actual framerate value show is diffrent, but the new fps values are actual fps value i got threw RTSS fps count which where not the same fps vaules inspector showed as being used.