What headset would you recommend me?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by IIZeRoII, Mar 16, 2016.

1. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    Hello guys!

I am new here and i just wanted your opinions!

I'd like to buy a new headset, but i am not sure which one.. Everyone i find has 50% good and 50% bad reviews..

I am searching for a good gaming headset, I don't want to spend more than 200 €.
    • It should have a clear sound/bass and it should be decent when I'm listening to music.
    • A function where I can plug in my subwoofer AND headset would be nice!
    • Good surrounding detection for e.g. shooter games!

What could you guys tell me about the Razer Tiamat 7.1 (i just love the design, but the reviews are either godlike or ****) and the HyperX Cloud II (more positive than negative reviews tho).

Thank you guys for your help! I'm looking forward to any recommendations.

IIZeRoII

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You wont get much hits when you mention no headphones, you do realize you can attach a mic to the headphone such as a modmic. Also doing this open up your options alot. As the mod mic attaches to the sides of the headphones.

I can't give you any suggestions for headset's as I haven't used any that worth mentioning. The only thing i can give you is headphone suggestions, which where that modmic comes in hardly.

So you may wanna tone down your requirements, as it make it far easier to help you beisdes giving you something really good for the price.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Please dont wright anything about headphones As I need a Mic? What does that mean?

Are you looking for headphones with a Mic or without? I dont get it.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Hes looking for Headphones with mic's attached to them.

5. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    oh damn.. didn't know that. Well if that's the case, could you give me some good headphone suggestions?

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The first link is to the mod mic which you can attach to the A900X's the mod mic model i linked has a mute switch on them, so you can mute the mic. The one's without the mute switches are few dollars cheaper.

I have personally used the A900X in gaming and they work really well for that purpose. They will work from your onboard audio as they are easy to be powered.

The Mod mic http://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio...ie=UTF8&qid=1458219477&sr=1-3&keywords=Modmic

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technic...458219448&sr=8-2&keywords=Audio+Technica+A900

7. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    Thanks you, they look awesome. Sso how would you describe them? would you confirm the good reviews on amazon? and does the mod mic run on my on board soundcard? i've heard they need a better one, not sure.

Edit: nvm.. they are 250 € on the european amazon.. a bit too much if i want to get both the headphones and the mod mic.. what would you say to these headphones?

amazon /Beyerdynamic-DT-990-PRO-250-DT-990-Pro-Kopfh%C3%B6rer/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458221443&sr=8-1&keywords=beyerdynamic+dt+990

sorry, cant post links yet so the ".com" is missing

8. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    or these

www beyerdynamic de/store/#!custom-one-pro-plus

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Since your using onboard audio the DT990 pro-250 won't be a good choice for you as these req a headphone amp to get the most out of them and they wont sound right without one.

There is the A700X which is 119 euro on amazon here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Techn...7610&sr=1-3&keywords=Audio-Technica+ATH-A700x Which also doesn't benefit from amping and will work just fine with your onboard audio.

Those custom one pro plus are design to work with mobile but because of that they will work with your onboard audio just fine. 129 euro
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00PK2LJ4E/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

10. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    Well i would buy the whole set Headphones, mod mic and, if needed, just like for the DT990s, a soundcard.

I'll read some reviews about those A700X!
    I heard that I need a better soundcard for the mod mic, is that true?

SoundMagic HP150 are 205 € :( and i think that i need a better soundcard for those :D

11. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB
  12. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    but i would need to buy a mic or not? 50 bucks more than planned :(

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You perfectly fine with the A700X I linked or the custom pro's that you linked either one is a good choice since both will work off your onboard audio, as for the mod mic. If your onboard audio mic input's cause issues, because of the fact you would had spent less then your budget, you would have room to throw in a cheap sound card like a DG or a used Z, If you do have mic problems.

There is the AD700X which are 87 euro but they are open back and will leak sound and won't be good for you if you play around people as other people will hear the sounds. But because they are open back there sound stage will be bigger then closed back.

The AKG 702 would been another good choice as they are 137 euro, but they won't work that well off your onboard audio and will need a sound card with an decent headphone amp. But you could temporary use them til you do get a cheap sound card. But I have used them for gaming and they worked very well with that.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  14. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB

Alright! Thank you very much! I think i will choose between the custom pro's or A700X. Maybe even Sennheiser Game Zero.

Would you get a Mod Mic with the custom pro's?

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    yea I would as it much easier to setup and get it near your mouth, then using a clip on mic. While not be in the way like a desktop mic.

16. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    Alright, thanks! You helped me a lot! :)

17. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    What about the
    HyperX Cloud II?

18. IIZeRoII

IIZeRoII Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB
    If you can tell me more about them (and maybe about the Tiamat 7.1), please go ahead and tell me more about them :D