AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    It works on the HD7970, so it would work on R9 200 Series. Where did you get that it doesn't work? :3eyes:

2. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    guys guys the power feature works fine in exclusive fullscreen for some

3. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    Thanks. So it wasn't delayed. Great performance improvements for Tomb Raider and GOW.
    I hoped for a little more fps in Division. Anyway, we will see what is with this version. :D

4. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Anyone with either rise of the tomb raider or gears of war ue and any r9 200 series card notice any performance improvement?

5. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    lol..how do you know im not in full screen. Wow.

Ofcourse I'm in fullscreen.

6. JCe

JCe New Member

GPU:
    APU
    I've installed these drivers and it has fix the downclocking issue for me. This is with leaving the power option to default on. Any of the drivers after 16.1 (including the hotfixes) caused the clocking issue and in my case clockblocker didn't work. In my case it would set the gpu to max clock but kill performance due to cpu downclocking. I'm on laptop with Amd Apu.

So far only issue with these is when I click on gaming tab only a few games are detected. 16.1 would list like 90% but with these only auto detects like 20%. Still can add them so not major issue (alread reported to amd).

edit..
    The power option under gaming disappears and appears for what ever reason. I've tested with it set to on or off. Haven't seen the downclocking issue at all. Also when running afterburner it's showing stats in radeon setting (thought this was fixed before).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  7. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    exclusive or border less ?

did you ddu?

8. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    Whats going on with auto game/app detection? It finds the Steam games but does not find Star Wars which is obviously Origin and also does not find the non-Steam version of GTA V.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Why do you think he is not on full 3D mode (exclusive)?

Both GPU core clocks are not locked (at the yellow mark) but GPU mem clock are locked at 3D clock.

PR or maybe someone forgot at driver team to delete the distinction after the 300 series ONLY (and unique) driver at launch to get better FPS in reviews in "new" 300 compared to "old" 200 that used less performing driver for this unique moment in time.

Ater that driver there is no difference in drivers between th same hardware (200 and 300) because there is no more launch reviews to fool.

:)

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    bugged for some reason for origin

11. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    [​IMG]

Eco mode OFF works fine for me both fullscreen on overwatch and wow legion alpha (screen above).

Im trying now wow windoed fullscreen and windowd...working both ways, fixed 1101MHz.

12. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    There is definitely no power setting for me in global options. So it might be 390/Fury only. But it's not like I ever had a problem with downclocking.

13. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    i don't see power efficiency option.

14. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I guess Im missing some options, even though I don't have Shader Cache On I fixed it with RadeonMod. [​IMG][/url]
    subir imagen[/IMG]

15. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
    Uhh, they finally added language menu.

16. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    For those who dont know where to look...

[​IMG]

17. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Dude i read the description, and i know where it supposed to be, it ain't f**king there.

18. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Ok i see the power setting, clicked on it 1st time, dissapeared completely! Exited out of Radeon settings, re-opened, back to global settings, it's back! But click it now, nothing happens, stuck on "ON".

Hrrrrm....

19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    With my 7870 it appears as On after installing the driver (these cards shouldn't even support such thing). After clicking it once, it remains as On, and after clicking it again, the setting simply vanishes (as in post #34).

20. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    EDIT... dissapeared again! This time, re-opened radeon settings, its switched to off. Guess ill leave it alone now lol

EDIT2: Rebooted, it's set back to ON. :banana:

Back to reg-tweak.