Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    They have already released the drivers to fix it.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    So its safe to update drivers now? I never trust those "game ready" so never really update straight away

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    If i can run high shadows and high res shadows, your 970 shouldn't even have a problem at all.

Maybe the new drivers will help, DO a clean install, remove old drivers with DDU in safe mode just to be on the safe side.
    That's what i did, and haven't had any bsods and other issues others are having with the new drivers.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    JFYI, the updated drivers are still causing problems for people.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was really enjoying this game; having the large open area to freely explore and collect hidden loot, etc. I came across random events (encounters) and they were fun if ultimately unrewarding in terms of rewards.

Then I played a mission...

Now remember I am playing the game solo as that is how I played the two betas. I prefer that for several reasons; one is that I find the game more atmospheric/immersive and, two, is that being hearing impaired communication is something I activately avoid (plus it undermines point 1 in my opinion).

Well, I remember finding the beta challenging but it was doable. The final game seems to have a ramped up difficulty (or maybe it's just me), making the missions slow going as I die constantly and have to restart from the last checkpoint. One of the missions I found, admittedly a level 6 one underground which I attempted at level 5, seemed to go on forever. When I got to what I thought was the end (a much tougher "boss" appeared) then I was just dying so frequently that I gave up in frustration. And, of course, if you exit the game then you effectively forfeit the mission and all the progress you've made (something that would not happen if this was a single player campaign).

Very annoying. :(

I really like this game but I feel at the moment that the only way I am going to progress through the missions is to grind doing the side-quests to get a high enough level to actually make doing the missions easier. I know that this game is primarily focused on playing online with others but I really don't see why it cannot cater for both single and co-op play personally, adjusting the difficulty accordingly or even having A.I. bots support solo players.

6. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    I also like to play solo, cant stand the rush that people always seem to be in.
    But if we're forced at any point hit me up and we can team up to finish some of the harder stuff.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sounds like a plan, thanks.

Your point about people rushing things is exactly what I found annoying when I played World of Warcraft a decade ago. I would be reading all the quests and stuff, only to have people urging me to hurry up. Really spoilt the experience to be honest as I generally like to take my time playing games... soak up the atmosphere if you will.

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I found it quite challenging when i selected "hard" difficulty. It still felt okay on normal. But agree with drewho, if you feel like teaming up or stuck on a quest, give me a shout. i like taking things slow so wont be rushing anywhere :)

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm a sweet Badass level 2 potatoe:

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I know it's not the first time I've mentioned this (and it probably won't be the last ;) ) but the damage model is infuriating (and this relates to several of the previous comments about the game being 'hard')

I was doing a mission yesterday where I had to kill some guys armed with flamethrowers, I had an AK. They just walk right into a wall of 7.62, (mag after mag), sustaining very little damage and then they proceed to flame broil me as if my AK is firing blanks.

Again, I don't mind that it's not 'one shot, one kill' but they have taken it way too far imho. Some of these mobs will take over 100 rounds of 7.62 and that is just stupid.

I repeatedly hear this 'it's an MMO' rationale as if that is somehow going to magically reintroduce immersion or reprogram my brain to believe that 'yes, running into a guy with an M249 is a great idea when all I have is a crowbar', unfortunately not.

I really wish they had used a different premise for this game as 'Tom Clancy' and the use of real world weapons was a huge mistake.

I keep trying to get past it but things like the aforementioned scenario are just galling imho.

And as another poster mentioned, the game should scale for people who do not want to group. There is absolutely no good reason why this cannot be implemented (outside of the Dark Zone). Forced grouping in a game like this is absolutely unnecessary.

Like some of the others here, I don't like grouping, I prefer to play at my own pace while exploring extensively. This does not suit the playstyle of a guy who just wants to blow through every level and neither of us should be persecuted because we choose to play a certain way.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah these "elite" and "boss" (elite, although named.) enemies have those armored pips which can take a number of hits before you finally deplete them and can actually start damaging the dude directly, looks a bit silly when you're wielding a AK-47 (7.62 round not that that means anything in this game.) and he's some hoodlum in a winter jacket wearing a beanie cap and wielding some crappy smg. :p

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Exact, should have been the '.900 Killco DoomStick' because I have no preconceptions about how that fictional weapon performs.

I know exactly how an AK-47 performs.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I mean, it's an RPG with guns. If they died realistically the game wouldn't be very fun either.

If there is anything I don't care for, it's the Dialog/Voice Acting/Gun Sounds and the terrible story.

14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Voice acting is not particularly good, gun sounds are a mixed bag but as is the case with many games, they are mixed way too low. The 1911 sounds like a .22 and is mixed at the same level as NPC's talking.

R6 did a monumental job with the weapon sounds, the snap on the GSh-18 and the heavy chatter of the AUG, absolutely first rate.

15. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    I disagree with you there, there's plenty they could've done visually to tie the gameplay to the 'realistic' world design that they went for. Maybe have homemade body armor, cobbled together metal face plates that break off as you take down their white bars of armor, or maybe just more enemies. It's one of the things that irks me about the game, even though I quite like it overall.
    Having RPG mechanics fit Sci-Fi and fantasy genres with shields and magic etc, but they didn't even try to explain why a random thug in a hoodie can take a full clip to the face. I think they were pretty lazy in that respect.

16. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I just hit level 29 and I am loving it!
    For those who don't think this game can get harder, just wait till the higher levels. I just had my first main mission where I actually had to stop and think before I moved. I died 3 times in normal difficulty.
    The enemies also got ALOT more smarter. They did not do stupid stuff, like trip, stagger or jump over objects. They cornered me. It is also the first mission where they bring in enemy healers.

I actually had to use the proper grenade types and consumables, also had to change to defensive talents.
    I am spec'ed for mostly damage, so I die quite easily if an elite gets in my face or I get cornered.

I don't understand why people don't like how it takes alot of bullets to kill some enemies. This is a video game. It is not completely based off realism.
    It is also a MMORPG type game, where you must collect gear and spec properly. It's like expecting bosses or tough enemies to die in several arrows or sword hits, in your typical MMO's, like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars 2. Not all MMORPG bosses are gigantic dragons, demi-god creatures or mystical magic monsters.

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's because we have an expectation of how these real world weapons perform and as I said, it doesn't have to be the exact performance of the real world weapon but I would like a fair approximation, not a glorified water pistol.

Magical swords and arrows can do whatever damage you like because, well, they are magical ;)

As Beez said, systems could have been implemented that would have made this far easier to swallow.

I like the game as well, it's good fun, but that particular aspect of it is very poorly instituted imho.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Fair enough.

I guess it doesn't bother me as much as the idea that the largest city in the world fell victim to gangs due to what's essentially a flu outbreak. Only to be saved by a random organization of highly trained soldiers embedded as civilians for no particular reason or motivation.

19. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    It's not that I don't like how it takes a lot of bullets to kill an enemy, in fact the balance is fine. It's just completely at odds with the 'realistic' world design that they went for. As I said this can be explained in most RPGs with shields and magic etc. They should've done a lot 'visually' with the enemies to hide the fact they are bullet sponges. I gave a couple of examples, home made body armor that breaks off etc. I dunno off the top of my head, maybe the virus effects the nervous system so they are immune to pain or something...anything.
    The game is fine....it's the DESIGN that is lacking that's all.

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Agreed, if mobs were visibly armored, that would make it a lot better.

All you have to do is watch that LA bank robbery to know that you can empty many rounds into an armored target with little effect, but not a thug in a hoodie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.