Geforce 362.00 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 1, 2016.

1. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    After having issues with the previous driver not installing and after deleting all the crap I don't want from the driver, this one installed first time without issues!

2. Artefact

Artefact Guest

GPU:
    Thermi gts 450 83 degrees
    I always delete that crap...especially Ge force experience can make huge issues,its junk..i dont need that i prefer to set up game settings alone,using bandicam to check fps :3eyes:

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    nowadays i just installed everything from GFE to 3D stuff & so far no issue.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have no problems with GFE per se (except for the fact that it refuses to launch from the system tray NVIDIA icon for the last year or so) but I really dislike the way that it and the NVIDIA control panel are separate and very different. While it is nice to have a choice of which you want (as it should be), I really don't understand why NVIDIA do not integrate the two and offer the control panel functionality from within GFE. It's a nicer user-interface too.

5. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    1st time load GFE is really pain of ass. finally NBA2K16 profile is added into GFE. i noticed the color look more vibrant during gaming.

i hope next driver for nba, fifa & dota can be more smoother.

6. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I agree and also wish that the control panel can have the interface design of GFE, it's just so cool and modern looking I can't see why not.The control panel ui has been dull like forever now.

OT:
    Youtube videos in 1080p fullscreen are stuttery.Every once in a while a driver would do that, 361.91 had it also I think but with this one it's very pronounced.Using latest FF 44.0.2 all plugins up to date...361.82 was smooth streaming.No issues gaming though.

7. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    nice idea integrating NVC and GFE but personally i would rather they work on getting NV control panel more responsive.

8. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    This is the best method. Most issues arise from picking and choosing what to install. This is why the vast majority of users have little to no issues, but people who pretend to be power users and try to install light, seem to have the most niggling issues.

Install everything, and simply update instead of obsessively clean installing and using driver cleaners that do more harm than good and you will run into the least amount of issues. More often than not, if you have to do clean installs or use driver cleaners, you have screwed up your Windows install and should just start over by calling an adult before making the problems worse.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  9. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    yep i only do clean installs myself and use ddu when i have problems ,rest of the time i just install over the top , as far as stripping down the driver package goes , i did do so with the previous drivers and never encountered any issues , these drivers i just chose not to install the 3d vision software :) .

Drivers working ok no problems from i can see with playing games , but as always i still have the high refresh rate bug @ 2560x1440 @144hz connected with displayport , If i connect with HDMI 2.0 idle clocks on the desktop behave properly @ the above setting

10. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    No, they have no idea what they're deleting, it just *appears* to be working fine for them, so they go ahead and keep doing it, without any valid proof that it's doing anything other than wasting your time deleting folders when you can just uncheck what you don't want.

11. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    I am not able to open GeForce Experience after upgrading to this driver.

12. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Does it not open at all or is it "invisible" to you? I have had a problem crop back up where when I open it I can't see it, I have to Shift+Right Click the open program on my taskbar and choose to Maximize it for it to show up. Pretty annoying, but it usually fixes itself on an update or at random.

13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Do you know that some of actual tiers and caps-bits limitiations of D3D12 were decided to match Fermi GPUs capabilities too? If they would cut DX12 support for Fermi, a lot of people will be very disappointed (and not just developers).
    Not a big surprise for Vulkan, in 2018 Fermi GPUs support will not be a problem at all.

14. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    'Appears' to be working rather well then :) Never had a TDR, crash, error, nothing, with any driver set stripped bare. Fully clocked as well. (now there's a bonus)

So it 'appears' to do me just fine. All my games/video encoding/image manipulation 'appear' to work also.

Still, you never know, someday it may 'appear' not to work, but I'm still waiting. (for something to 'appear') :pc1:

15. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    :stewpid:

Hold on, let me take your post completely out of context and quote it. Oh wait, I'm not an idiot.

16. Sir Galahad

Sir Galahad Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti ssc
    Just tested these drivers in Rise of the Tomb Raider on 2 different systems.

I picked 5 different areas and used MSI after burner to determine the FPS.
    In areas 1, 2, 3 and 5 I was standing still.
    With area 4 I ran through the village in geothermal valley and took a rough average fps reading and checked for stutters.

First up is Holly-III: Q9650 @ 4GHz, GTX960 2GB, 8GB DDR2 1066MHz, Windows 7 64bit.
    This PC can be CPU or GPU limited depending on the area.

361.91 drivers
    Area 1 - 51.3
    Area 2 - 44.7
    Area 3 - 53.4
    Area 4 - 40 average, with one bad stutter to 30 fps.
    Area 5 - 55.4

362.00 drivers
    Area 1 - 50.8
    Area 2 - 44.9
    Area 3 - 53.3
    Area 4 - 40 average, no stutters.
    Area 5 - 54.9

Second is Hudzen-10: i5 4690K @ 4.5GHz, GTX 970, 16GB DDR3 2400MHz, Windows 10 64bit.
    This PC was GPU limited in every area.

361.91 drivers
    Area 1 - 57.4
    Area 2 - 57.5
    Area 3 - 65.7
    Area 4 - 59 average, no stutters.
    Area 5 - 71.4

362.00 drivers
    Area 1 - 57.7
    Area 2 - 60.5
    Area 3 - 66.0
    Area 4 - 59 average no stutters
    Area 5 - 72.2

Most of it was within the margin of error really. However, at least the performance has not changed for the worse.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  17. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    ^ Thx for sharing. Have you test it in firestrike ? to see if there's a different in graph & physics score.

I'm still on 361.91.

18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    indeed. i'm just using one stick 8GB ram DDR3 1600MHz only & those small stuff won't cost too much memory.

i'm curious how come those users at least 16GB DDR4 2xxx-3xxxMHz bragging bout it? i tested many times w or w/o GFE the performance is the same. i don't get it with higher benchmark scoring but unable to play smooth during gaming is most likely pathetic with those gimmick score.

recently a lot articles shown AMD really score better in benchmark but during game play luckily NV still playable for those triple A new title. DX12 is favor on red side. DX11 no doubt we're the winner for stability.

i always use the same method to install new driver. once i finished d the latest nv driver. turn off my wifi, run as admin for DDU then extract the NV driver, choose custom tick the clean install & disable show notification on tray icon on NVCP.

internet must disable 1st before install the new driver to prevent windows update auto install.

so after finished, turn back internet & run GFE. w/o internet GFE won't run properly.

lastly, i set stop & manual startup for NV steroscopic 3d driver NV service, network service, NV streamer service, NV streamer network service & NV GFE

NV display driver service just leave it running & automatic.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  19. Assirra

Assirra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 4GB
    Just saying but by doing all the stuff when installing a new driver you are exactly the person he talks about that "screwed up your windows install and should just start over by calling an adult".

20. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    never installed gfe, always custom & clean install, always use ddu.

Never had any major driver problems so far. Except rare bsod due to insufficient cpu vcore