fps drops / 20% cpu ussage moving mouse in some games

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bass Junkie, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Bass Junkie

Bass Junkie Guest

GPU:
    asus matrix gtx 780ti sli
    I am using logictec g15 key board / g700s mouse and software recently in 2 games red orchestra 2 / rising storm I get 768 fps in main menu and move the mouse even a inch or two she's drops down to 345 fps in game I'm around 97 fps ultra 4k and she drops 25 fps same as fallout 4 now I have 125 polling rate have tried closing the software no avail and with fo4 if I go to game properties and compabilty select run as administrator and dpi ceck it's ok but ro2 you can run as administrator steam says a error. Now if I run game booster before opening the games all is fine and game booster doesn't close gaming software weird. ..

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Do you have another mouse you can use to test it with? I have a G19 keyboard and a G500 mouse, and I've never had any of these problems.

I remember I had a problem once where if I plugged in my mouse, I could hear this weird buzzing/whining sound. Just plugging it in would cause it, and it would get worse if I started moving it around.

Turned out that it was the motherboard which had defecting VRMs..

3. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I have a Daedulus Apex G303, no issue since I swapped motherboards though.

4. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    it's either mobo/chipset driver related, or logitech drivers.

5. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Game booster, mouse drivers..and this is just what you know/telling us, your pc's DPC latency is probably going sky high,you don't need any of that crap.

I'd uninstall everything and go from there. Windows reinstall if possible.

6. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Nevermind...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Check with LatencyMon ,, using 1000 hz usb polling causes CPU Usage jumps even on top Cpu.

8. Mechwarrior419

Mechwarrior419 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080

Not trying to be a smart ass, but do you have any sources to back that up? Because quite honestly I've never heard of that before.

9. Bass Junkie

Bass Junkie Guest

GPU:
    asus matrix gtx 780ti sli
    Yeah I don't think I have heard oc'ing cpu/ram/gpu can cause lag but I could be wrong ? I'm not here to be right .
    I have my cpu oced to 5.0 ram 2133 stock gpu's were @ 1200 core each vs 1090 stock I ran stock settings same issue , ok restart pc with out logictec game panel lcd ( g15 key baord) or game panel starting up ..same thing up to 15% cpu on desk top with mouse , red oreschstra rising storm is the werst to notice it , ok I reinstalled nvidia drivers in safe mode with ddu came back In ok tested games same thing . Found out in my bios I have my integrated igpu ( integrated graphics in cpu ) was on ! Even though I don't have intel.drivers instaled so I shut it off in bios and re instaled nvidia 362.00 and now life's good again fps in red orchestra 2 rising storm is normal again ( 72 to 140 fps 4k ) vs 30 to 50 before.
    My fix was a few weeks back I reset cmos with out keeping intergraded cpu graphics off and when installing nvidia drivers it does some weird stuff even though it wasn't showing up in device manager ! Thanks guys :banana:D