Geforce 362.00 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    Looking at the exe name itself, it doesn't appear to be related to the recent drama around the unnecessary "nvidia backend" process, so yeah, it appears it's a standard thing that you should probably not touch.

2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Oh well, might as well leave it alone (for now at least...) thanks for your input.

3. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    So is there a reason people are killing nvidia processes or is it just to get back those ~10mB of memory

4. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC

It seems to just be stemming from this paranoia that NVIDIA is secretly controlling your PC and doing terrible evil things because of a new process that they haven't seen before. Or, it could just be those 10mb of memory, yeah.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    A little of everything and principles.

6. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Speaking of, what should I be deleting out of here before installing?
    [​IMG]

7. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    Ieldra yet none of you young bucks ever learns...... always trying to become the leader of the pack.....(a childish endeavor). Its not me thats ridiculous for stating what is obvious its you for not realizing it. You will see when you get older that boys in their early 20s are the worst thing about the internet always banning people when they lose an argument. Especially on overclock.net that forum is a joke. Nanny state teeny boys that are so jealous they are not the kings of computers banning everyone that outshines them..... just like irc.

I never said I was the god of graphics just windows tweaks and I've done my fair share of driver install comparisons to be considered a connoisseur.... funny tho now even after reverting back to .91 im not getting 85 fps anymore swear i checked the fps osd and all yesterday it was in the 70s and 80s(even played the beginning of the game again to make sure it wasnt map size related nothing even close to that high). Still getting like 90 FPS in GTA V which is the same..... wonder if primal had an update.... Reading the reviews of this game seems like most people get 40-60 fps and yeah farcry 4 seems like most get around 60 swear i was seeing in 80s yesterday(highly certain of this).

RzTrek the way to fix user experience is to uncheck the checkbox when installing. It caused other things to break in the past and I just quit installing it and realized its a waste of time to install it.

8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    My fault for assuming wrong about you then, my apologies. :cheers: ..and congrats on your new card btw. :p

Only keep Display Driver, NVI2 and Physx, if you want just driver and physx...Delete the other folders.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. Artefact

Artefact Guest

GPU:
    Thermi gts 450 83 degrees
    Point is that NVidia has stop to give performance improvements after 347.88 whql. So they had tried to use huge Witcher 3 game hype train to force people to upgrade more to Maxwell. It is business so its expected. NVIDIA has give kepler driver fix later with 10 average fps more on 780 ti, after countless complains on nvidia forum.They has presented it as bug,ahhahaha same as witcher 3 huge x64 times tesselation to destroy kepler and amd cards which has weak point in tesselation. NVIDIA was hoping that their driver gimping will stay unnoticed,and after pressure they had released fix, and keep removing that inprovement multiple times, same as 800 series mobile laptop gpu overclock multiple times enable and disable in drivers. Drivers are slowly gimped after some time and thats reality. NVIDIA is puting those cards to dust, just look at GCN beating Kepler in so many games, just look at poor fps in far cry primal on 780 ti card,it has lost 20 fps.

I also have same problem on my old fermi card and i use 344.47 icafe to have 4-5 more fps in games compared to latest drivers

People are overdefending one greedy corporation which has decieved and scammed users multiple times,etc 970 vram fiasco and they also keep silent until last moment. NVIDIA is also refusing to give tesselation slider inside drivers think about that,meanwhile AMD already have that option inside drivers..I dont try to troll just saying :)

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You shouldn't delete anything.

If you feel like it you may do what the post above me says but I wouldn't recommend it as such actions are what leads to driver issues in the future.

11. Artefact

Artefact Guest

GPU:
    Thermi gts 450 83 degrees
    He can delete there will be no issues...i am leaving display driver,display nview,hd audio, phusx,nvi2,nvVad folder and thats it. i delete gfe ge force experience both folders, update core, 3d folder, shadow play, and other garbage. ...always using ddu to unistall driver, then click custom install driver and check clean install option :) i use it for years ,if you use 3d monitor then leave that folder :3eyes:

12. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    If you want to try this small 'houskeeping' tip, create a .bat file called DelNvidiaCrap.bat with these commands in and run in your unpacked driver folder:

Code:
    rd /s /q Display.Optimus
    rd /s /q Display.NView
    rd /s /q Display.Update
    rd /s /q GFExperience
    rd /s /q GFExperience.NvStreamSrv
    rd /s /q GfExperienceService
    rd /s /q HDAudio
    rd /s /q LEDVisualizer
    rd /s /q Miracast.VirtualAudio
    rd /s /q MS.NET
    rd /s /q MSVCRT
    rd /s /q Network.Service
    rd /s /q NV3DVision
    rd /s /q NV3DVisionUSB.Driver
    rd /s /q NvVAD
    rd /s /q ShadowPlay
    rd /s /q ShieldWirelessController
    rd /s /q Update.Core
    Just keeps the display Driver, PhysX and the Setup :banana:

13. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Guys,

I get WHQL logo'd: NO for this driver 362.00 by DXDIAG showing below.:pc1:

[​IMG]

Is driver problem or my card is dying ???:bang:

EVEN clean install OS Windows 10 Pro 14271 :3eyes:

Please check your DXDIAG and report here.:wanker:

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dragondal13
    Np and Tnx ;

Could be the same voodoo dunia engine bs as by Farcry4.

In FC4 I remember seeing 60 65fps next day 40ish fps at best with max gpu 99% usage @ 780gtx. I had mix of ultra and v.high settings, that fog, hbao all enabled, except fur (it looked and ran terrible).
    Fix was to start the game, while ingame go to options and by main gfx setting set to high and back to old setting. Viola fps back to 60 65fps at same 99% gpu usage..
    I restarted the game to make sure and it ran ok since then. Someone at FC4 had the same issue and this fix worked for him too.

15. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    Yeah I dont know why I was getting 85 highs yesterday all I know now is I can't recreate it now. Regardless I have compared these drivers over more games now and slightly older or less powerful cards they seem to be slightly slower than 361.91 and I guess one fps faster on the 980Ti still over all these drivers are laggier as well. Maybe I was only remembering the fps while in caves where the osd stands out better against the pitch black. Still tho seemed to be near that even in open spaces like at least 60 fps seems slower now.

16. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    This is the most honest and least time consuming post you could have made to sum up everything you said

17. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    No shetstain I just typed that quickly and should have typed now(instead of anymore) I corrected it but you have been jumping all over me every post to try to regain face and I'm just never going to let that happen(I type too fast and think even faster and my thoughts always get ahead of my super fast typing). It could have been a combination of half implemented graphics settings cause the game needed a restart to fully implement. Could have been allot of things. Fact remains graphics driver is laggy even in windows 10 desktop. Crap driver and is slightly lower FPS in about every game as well. Driver is a step backwards and none of you could accurately state how good this driver is you need ME the only person with enough background and experience to clearly state it for you. If you want something done right have to do it yourself. Run along jr.

Ieldra tell us about the patches this driver has and branch version then list the titan x fps on some arcane game no one plays so we can all get a good idea of how good this driver is like every other driver release post on this forum............. Also I want to know about all the new features added to nvidia experience to lag the driver and and make me reinstall and not check that checkbox to get it back working the right way..........

18. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Far Cry 4 runs badly as well too be honest, it had that weird ghosting issue on launch, and I honestly hate how it looks
    Far Cry games are all the same and the last one I liked was Far Cry 3, so 4 and primal were supposed to win me over with their settings. Hated 4 and primal is good for 15$ in sale

19. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    Ieldra but I'm even cheaper I didnt buy 3 until it was 3 years old and went on deal for 10 bucks for the complete. I still havent bought 4 and I paid 32 for primal cause it has denuvo...... take that. Wait 2 years and save 15 bucks just like waiting for GTA V for 20 bucks 3 years later when you could have got it pre order for 35.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Just reset ingame cfg to default high and back to your old cfg setting if it fixes it.. Its like there is cfg conflict in game engine and somehow leaks perf. At lower fps..
    At least that was the case by FC4. I somehow think it didnt change much now if you saw such low fps phenomen.