CS:GO stuttering 16.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by deefop, Feb 26, 2016.

1. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF

I already use the proper launch commands and have experimented with them just to be safe.

High CPU priority is not necessary though, actually you don't typically have options even without using the threads command. I get the same framerates regardless, and to clear it's not a framerate issue in the first place. This is a stutter where the screen itself along with the audio simply locks for a fraction of a second, there is no recorded dip in frame rate.

Mackoy, I have it listed in the gaming tab but it's usually automatically detected by the crimson drivers. I suppose I could delete it and see if that changes anything. But like i said, then it would probably try to launch with both GPU's each time.

2. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
    Well i updated bios, tried deleting the profile in Crimson settings, and tried closing afterburner. Nothing worked. Any other ideas? I just can't think what could be causing it but I'm also blown away that I would have this type of problem with such a popular and well known game with a well established GPU.

3. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Yeah, place the dlls from 15.7.1 into CS's folder.

4. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
    I vaguely remember doing something like this a few years ago. Do you remember which files I would need to move in there?

5. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
  6. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
  7. Flano

Flano Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 FURY X 4GB HBM
    Its 100% crossfire that causes the stuttering, I have to disable CFX on R9 FURY X to have smooth dota2 and CS:GO .... I tend to enable/disable CF and then reset the PC and launch the game, then when I wish to go back to dual gpu's enable CFX and reset once again ... it provides the most consistant experience.

8. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Same here.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Steam had just installed a CS:GO update (186.5 MB) maybe it's better now...or worst.

:3eyes:

10. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
    i always play cs with cf disabled, thats not the culprit. in fact on 15.7.1 i can run it with cf enabled and its almost normal. could it be somehow related to audio drivers rather than video?

11. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    If you could install afterburner and enable the osd it makes it easier to troubleshoot these things. What kind of CPU and GPU usage your getting while playing is important. Regarding the Audi drivers, yea it's possible

12. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
    GPU usage is relatively low, I play the game at 1280x960 with graphics settings all essentially low. CPU usage is normal, and I specifically watch to see if my CPU was throttling during these occurrences but from what I can tell neither my CPU nor my GPU is throttling in any way.

13. JTBIRCH

JTBIRCH Guest

GPU:
    16GB Corsair Vengance
    I'm having the same issues since after the Wildfire update, I've tried reinstalling CS and setting high fps cfg's, Cleaning the drivers and going back to older versions. CPU / Memory usage is low and not out of the ordinary.

I'm running a XFX DD Ghost r7970 @ 144hz this along with all the glitching in games is driving me insane. I've noticed the issue seems to disappear at 60hz however so if you can put up with it try that, de_royal seems to kick the stuttering off fastest for me also.

I'm usually averaging 220-300fps some newer maps like nuke don't drop below 160.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    I think I have to agree with you. I don't play CS:GO much so I thought I fixed it but I get stuttering. It's especially evident in my case at least when strafing.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    High framerate drops on CSGO is a common issue, especially if you play in a fun server with a lot of slots (lile 24-32 player slots). Increasing CPU priority of the CSGO.exe process may help, especially if you are CPU bound. Do not use anything over "above normal", especially DO NOT use "real time".

16. JTBIRCH

JTBIRCH Guest

GPU:
    16GB Corsair Vengance
    Just competitive 5v5, very out of the ordinary as this issue only started in January and I've been playing a long time with the same setup. Anyway I got fed up this weekend with the glitches in other games so I ended up taking the plunge and buying a 970 GTX its fixed the issue and no more glitches so a win all round I guess.... Thanks for the help though!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I had this at one time. I don't remember how I fixed it though. I looked at my startup options and I have this line, try adding it;

-cl_disablehtmlmotd 1

18. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    What I notice is that when the game stutters, the FPS var in the net graph spikes to ~10ms from 0.2-2ms.

Edit: I think I finally fixed it. I am an idiot for not trying this in the first place though. I have Frame Rate Target Control set to 60FPS in the Radeon Software Global Options. It seems FRTC does not play well with Source Engine games (CS:GO and Insurgency) at least on my setup. I had CS:GO as a profile and set FRTC to disabled while FRTC globally still on. Now this works for other games but for Source Engine games, even if FRTC is set to disabled for game profile is still limits FPS.

Disabled Global FRTC. Now FPS Var is not spiking up. It's staying under 1ms, mostly 0.2-0.4ms and it is finally playable and enjoyable now. I think FRTC acts sort of like V-Sync Source games because now I am getting some screen tearing and before nothing.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016