AMD Radeon Crimson 16.2 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Feb 24, 2016.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    ROFL

Ahahahaha you made my day!

:D

2. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    You and I share a sophisticated, artful sense of humor, blemished only by our insatiable greed and sense of entitlement for expecting not one but both of our videocards to be utilized.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    AMD already know these problems as they aknowledged it in the drivers changelog and they can't care less.

Power saving and AOTS showcase are still their top priorities.

5. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I reported the the falling clockspeeds and the issue with changing excisting CF profiles several times and a long time ago. Also some games have problems to get passed 39,9 fps in 5K for some reason, and this is not related in term of graphical demand/load.

Also it seems perf. optimizations for older, but not old games, for Fury are allmost non excistent. I really thought thre would be some juice left. I get the idea that to much of the resouces goes to future projects VR, dx12, AOTS and (way) to less to current gaming perf.

What about CF for UE4-games?

AMD have such great hardware, but these stupid basic errors, like the clockfalling, spoils everthing and is really doing some damage. I wonder if they realise this at all...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  6. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    The problems that get reported the most, get the most attention. If only a few people are reporting the clock speed problem, it doesn't have AMDs priority. At least that's what i read somewhere.

EDIT: anyone know why it is so hard to find the 'report a problem' section on the AMD site? I really can't find it. The only way i got to that section was with a link on reddit. Is AMD hidding it for their costumers or what? :p

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    pretty sure its on every download page.

8. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Here it is:

http://www.amd.com/report

9. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Oh i'm sure that you can get to the report form somehow, but it's not easy to find. Maybe it's just me, but i think something like that should be a tab on the main page. So people don't have to click on the release notes of a driver to get to the report form. I think that many people who wanted to report a problem didn't, because they couldn't find the report form fast enough. :p

EDIT: is see there is a link to the report forum under 'helpful links' in the driver section. I still think they should make it more obvious. It's somehow to hidden for me to find it fast.

10. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    [​IMG]
    How about this? Would be alot easier to find. :p

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I did run compute test for this (15.301.1901-160223a-299681E) driver. GPU clock was stable, but utilization jumped up and down a lot. There is apparently some work in progress on scheduling. I say it is good sign that AMD works on it, but it makes this driver less than desirable.

Compute performance is together worse than original Fiji release driver. And that makes it 5~13% worse for compute than Vulkan release drivers. Hope to see next driver with merged branches soon.

12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    One thing I'd like to point out that the Vulkan driver didn't come with DirectX 12. (At least for me.)

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  14. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
    Blah, they don't even read those reports. I have reported many times that we need an option to change the crimson language because for some stupid reason, crimson is not using the windows system locale language when determining the language being used but instead reads it from location language tab. I don't want to have my crimson in my native language when my system language is english.

At least we have a custom workaround for that issue but it's still stupid that you have to delete the language folder every time you install new driver.

Oh well, finally they at least acknowledge that there is a "bug" with core clock downclocking when playing.

15. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Thats sick, what CRT do you use?

16. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Once I've asked for them to add the rare hd3850 agp id in the legacy drivers (which had been missing from some time), and they added it right in the next release. I seriously doubt it had been a common request back in 2013, so they must be doing something about those reports.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Many things change in 3 years...

18. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    The "AMD Radeon™ Software Beta for Vulkan™ Version 16.15.1009 Beta 4" has higher build versions on nearly every driver item (Edit: Still can't switch to English in Radeon Settings, and still is using the wrong system variable for the language):

[​IMG]

19. Alpha_Tay

Alpha_Tay Active Member

GPU:
    -
    this bug still exist at all crimson version 15.11 to 16.2 except 15.12.

20. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    So far, these drivers are great.