AMD Radeon Crimson 16.2 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Feb 24, 2016.

1. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Ok here the idle bug continues.
    I mean the memory clock continues to work as if it is on load at 1200MHZ
    Core clock is working well, it gets to idle and load state when needed.

About the Overhead API, DX11 the results stays the same, altough on DX12 it recieved a massive improvement. from 7 851 820 to 8 277 381

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Comparing the profile file between this and the Vulkan branch driver (16.xx.xx whereas these are 15.xx.xx) shows that it's missing most of those changes ( http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5233625&postcount=61 ) but there's a profile for The Divison (Which will be useful when the full game launches in two weeks or so.) and there's also a profile for Far Cry Primal.

Not too surprising though since this is basically a continuation of 16.1 and 16.1.1 with some further fixes but unfortunately also some new known issues.

EDIT: Oh and yeah the Ashes of Singularity profile was updated but that's part of the release notes already.
    (Interestingly the profile for Rise of the Tomb Raider that was in the Vulkan driver was not in these, maybe it needed further tweaking.)

3. Edo

Edo Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X 3GB CU
    Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption.
    At this point I don't know should I laugh or cry...maybe a little bit of both.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well they are acknowledging it so hopefully a fix won't be too far away now, though it's been like what almost seven months or so since it was first brought up?

For now though the Clockblocker program found in one of the pinned topics in this forum section works pretty well to maintain full 3D speeds for GPU's that have that downclocking or clock fluctuation issue. :)
    (Curiously in my case the screen corruption bug disappeared entirely when I switched monitors, so far I'm leaning towards it being a issue with Display Port 1.0 or 1.1 or whatever my previous monitor was using as the current one uses version 1.2 but there's definitively more to it than just that.)

(Only ever triggered on certain web pages though and never in games though a few games - Arkham Knight and Assassin's Creed Syndicate in particular - were prone to crashing the display driver when run in fullscreen mode but borderless has resolved that issue and if it was a clock fluctuation issue then Clockblocker should have that solved as well until AMD effing fixes the damn thing properly which they really should have by now, it's not exactly a minor issue. :p )

5. Tempter

Tempter Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 8850m OC
    Tested on my laptop with newest Intel .4380. I should say that some games are choppy and screen has some artifacts.

Witcher 3 avarage 28 fps with vsync.

In Ashes of the Singularity(DX11) Avarage 4 fps.
    DX12 avarage 14 fps. I see some improvments.

p.s. I installed CCC from 15.1.1 like OnnA said.

6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Like I said, some people just wanted a fix for their problem(s), not The Division profile they probably don't care about.

I also have no other issues other than per-game settings profile not working, but that doesn't mean others' problems are less valid.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Me too :)
    lol they still need to upgrade Crimson CCC Functionality.
    I need it for my CRT to play with Gamma. New Games are very Dark on CRT (LCD lol)
    So in Tray I have Gamma Profiles:
    Desktop 1.2
    Gaming 1.5 & 1.65
    Then its OK :3eyes:

I still need to Test it in Games, some say 3-4% Better Gaming than last One.
    I think they improved Fiji more.

But Temps are lowered by 2deg when surfing Net :)

8. Back37

Back37 Guest

GPU:
    RTX3070 GamingPro
    Something strange... Vulkan driver has full compability with OpenGL 4.5 on my R9 270, but this driver have 91% again :) After replacing a few files: atig6pxx.dl_, atig6txx.dl_, atiglpxx.dl_, atio6axx.dl_, atioglxx.dl_ i have 100% again... interesting, it's realy works or not :D

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13430 :p

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    it's proly fan control, broken ever since Crimson

I don't notice it, because of my bigass sink
    40ºC while watching youtube, fan stays at 20%=600RPM

as opposed to 90ºC with stock fan(i**** u not)

indeed.
    Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption <- sounds bad, but not acknowledging it, is far worse.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

11. Protuber

Protuber New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD HD7990
    Guys, do not work automatic update for me. What`s the problem? Driver 16.1.1 now. Videocard AMD 7990.

PS. Sorry for my English.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Do not rely on Automatic Update.
    I had it download hotfix 1(which was already installed!), at the time when hotfix 2 had already been a week old.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

13. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    I cant add custom res on these drivers i got vsr on but cant accept license to open menu wtf??[​IMG]

somting wrong with reg entries i think on this driver or ddu mesed up somtin[​IMG]

14. BugMeister

BugMeister Guest

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - 16.2 running well here, via Win10 (Build 14721.rs1)
    - so far, so good..

:)

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I can confirm that this driver does not contain the OpenGL/Vulkan versions of the Vulkan release driver. My guess is that it will take them another release to merge the branches. I'm uploading the DLL as we speak.

16. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Custom resolutions work fine here , or I mean I can press accept.

Try reinstalling, or try to chance it to english and see if it makes difference.

17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    anyone still having to turn on VSR after every reboot?

it has not stuck on for me since the first crimson driver

18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    That problem happens only when using Overdrive?
    I've noticed the same with a 7870 only when it's enabled with previous crimsons, but if OD is never enabled after installing the driver and clocks are set with MSI AB, clocks will be OK in idle.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    8166 points in firestrike (9631 graphics). AMD is pushing GCN 1.0 to its limits. With every new driver slight increase.

20. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Core clocks may not maintain sustained clock speeds resulting in choppy performance and or screen corruption
    [​IMG]
    Yes and bluescreen in metro 2033 redux after overclocking. It's time for buy Nvidia, because AMD don't support their Graphic cards