NEW BIOS for ZOTAC GTX 570/580 AMP!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by IMaysky, Nov 15, 2011.

1. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    Great i have a zotac gtx 580 amp edition on water run smooth, but im kinda unsure to flash thr bios...

2. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Why flash if it works ? The only thing they did was raise the 3D voltage.
    That you can do yourself , with MSIAfterburner or with editing your own bios.

Don't flash what you cannot verify.

3. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 570 AMP
    Lesson definietly learned.

My model is the one with the custom fan, the ZT-50204-10M.http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images-SRW.tpl&product_id=325&category_id=133&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100254&lang=nd As for the original bios, I actually don't know. I foolishly thought that the new bios being from Zotac, albeit indirectly, would equal smooth and relatively safe update. Don't know how to find out now what the old bios actually was, except by mailing Zotac.

4. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    @tmd87

@tmd87

Try this bios if you got this zotac card:ZT-50202-10P
    [​IMG]

Link:http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/78855752/file.html
    Command flash : nvflash 570AMP.rom or nvflash -4 -5 -6 570AMP.rom

Try this bios if you got this zotac : ZT-50204-10M
    [​IMG]

Link:http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/38002386/file.html
    Command flash : nvflash 570AMP2.rom or nvflash -4 -5 -6 570AMP2.rom (depending if you need to overide the sub ID again)

After flash reinstall driver !

ps: I took the liberty of unlocking the fan to 100% and raising the voltage a little for 3D stability.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

5. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    Huge thanks

Will test and post results

6. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    Rigth..

7. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    Ok, flashed, uninstalled all drivers, restarted, and installed latest NVIDIA drivers again.

GPU-Z now shows BIOS version as 70.10.38.00.03, which from what I can see is the same number as the one included in OP's .iso. Apart from that, I'm afraid nothing has changed. Clocks still reported as being at 0MHz, and I'm getting the same code 43 i device manager. MSI Afterburner and the NVIDIA control panel can't find the card.

8. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Try the other bios , from the reference card.

did you try with a driversweep of the driver.

Is for some reason the integrated gpu from your intel cpu interfering with something ?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  9. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    Ok, I've flashed to the reference card BIOS. Have uninstalled drivers again, and will try driver sweeper.

Could be the integrated gpu is doing something, but I don't know how to find out.

Need to do a trip to the university now, will be back in 4-5 hours. I'll try the sweep then. And again, I really really appreciate the help

10. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    can you disable the integrated gpu in the motherboard bios ?

11. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    Did the drivers sweep, removing the "nvidia display" files. Restarted computer. Strange thing. Colours are now displayed normally it seems, but over half the screen is covered in white artifacts. Short horizontal lines. Something has changed, atleast. Still on the reference card bios btw.

Haven't tried diasabling the integrated gpu yet. I was hardly able to see anything in the bios before, but I might now.

It says "standard VGA graphics adapter" in device manager at the moment. GPU-z still has clocks at 0MHz with the current bios version reported as 70.10.17.00.74. Screen resolution has jumped up to an incredible 800x600, but is still uneditable.

Guess my next step should be to try installing drivers again?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  12. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    Reinstalled drivers, and now everything is back to the sad state it was in previously :/

13. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Can you connect your monitor to the integrated gpu of the Intel CPU, is there a outlet on the motherboard, so you don't use the nvidia gpu.
    Flash the BIOS for your model again ,don't use the reference BIOS.
    Or try the CD image from first post again, if all of this doesn't work you are lost m8.
    But make sure that when you return the card that official BIOS from zotac ( the bad one from the first post) is on the card or they won't replace it.
    I feel bad that you got your gpu messed up, hope it works out for you m8
    The only thing I can say is keep trying.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  14. tmd87

tmd87 Guest

GPU:
    No progress with the card itself, but I received a mail from support today saying that they would give me a refund as soon as I send it to them. I'm ordering a new card as we speak, so things have actually worked out well.

Even though I was unable to fix the card, I just want to say a huge thanks for the help again. You have given me much swifter and better help than zotac and my retailer. Don't know how I can repay, but if you should ever need the help of someone with a masters degree in movement science, pm me :p

15. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    No problem m8 , hope all will turn out just fine.
    I got Zotac cards and can't say anything bad about them.
    Lesson learned I think , if you got questions about bios editing just go to the fermi bios editor thread.

16. Silence667

Silence667 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570 Zotac AMP!
    Please could someone please upload the bios for the Zotac GTX 570 Amp! Edition ?

Please

17. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti