Doom Alpha performance and thoughts

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, Feb 17, 2016.

1. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Oh yes i love the way this is looking, need not to say more heheheheheh :banana:

[​IMG]

I guess with no game specific drivers, nvidia gpus really take a slap to the face. Possibly too early to judge, and hope the game gets to be optimized on all platforms, but damn this is ugly.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    that is pretty bad but probably too early to tell, 280X wipes the floor with all nvidia cards*can't be unseen*' probably the whole situation will change before game release, but if not that would be a big blow to nvidia.

3. synapz

synapz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti
    LOL, Look at the hardware used...at 1080P, just the fact that SLI/CF setups in the list can't perform better than 60 fps is a joke. Why look at this alpha test at all? So that
    AMD fanboys can have a moment of happyness?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wtf was that? What a horrible performance on green side.

if i recall corectly even Wolfenstein performed alot better on AMD cards but this is ridiculous.

5. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Many games don't have support for multi gpu setups, and this game in particular actually had quite the odd requirements

DOOM Closed Alpha PC Requirements:
    Minimum Spec (720p)

64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8.1
    Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better / AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
    8 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB VRAM) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB VRAM)
    6GB HDD space
    Steam account
    High speed internet connection

Recommended Spec (1080p)

64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8.1
    Intel Core i7 @ 3.4GHz or better / AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz or better
    8GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB or more VRAM) / AMD Radeon R9 280 (3GB or more VRAM)
    6GB HDD space
    Steam account
    High speed internet connection

Since when does a gtx 780 compare to an r9 280? Sure it is an alpha, but for it to run worse on the majority of market hardware is not a good sign.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    As you know 780 and 280X are performing the same last year in many games so FC Primal and now Doom starting to recommend as equal.

7. synapz

synapz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti
    Yes but people here are pointing fingers at Nvidia when a 280X seems to outperform a Fury X or Crossfired Fury X. Why Wood any new game (when finished) not support multi gpu setups?
    Anyway, sine ID software focus on AMD setups first I am sure the Nvisia cards will catch up. I just find those results very weird, why so many are at 60 fps, 60 fps cap?

8. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Are you serious? How can you tell from this graph SLI/CF ain't working as they're running against 60fps cap?

9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    280x is not even close to Fury at higher res.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Just cause 3, batman arkham knight, .... I am sure there are many more, i just don't look up every major game.

11. synapz

synapz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti
    I didn't the are not working but it looked so unnaturally low fps for those setups. I realised later the results could be capped at 60 fps which I don't understand. Why have multi gpu setups in the list and then run the with vsync on???

12. synapz

synapz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti
    The answer was for the origina post which only included 1080P.

Anyway, i will leave this thread so the AMD fanboys will continue to feel good about themselves. I am sure though when the game is released, the high end Nvidia cards with perform more than good enough to enjoy the game.

13. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Gamegpu.ru has a habbit to test multigpu aswell, even in betas. Anyways crossfire/SLI ain't obiviously working anyways as you can see from 1440p and 4k results, which ain't really a big news as it's beta.

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    This game is in ALPHA status. Nothing to talk about here until the game is released.

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This is a beta, but I doubt so many things will change. Since it's an id software game, I bet they try to get every ounce they get from the consoles, hence the GCN optimizations that have obviously carried on.
    NVIDIA will improve for sure, but it's funny to see the 280x above the 980 for a while :D

16. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Multi-GPU support in a IDTECH engine game? The IDTECH5 engine didn't support CFX/SLI and it somehow doubt that the IDTECH6 engine (used for the new doom) will, but who knows.

IDTECH5 games: rage, wolfenstein the new order/the old blood and the evil within.

17. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    You are the one acting as a fanboy I just gave you the rest of the test.

If you cant handle it, leave, but dont cry, nvidia will get better for sure.

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Yep the previous IDTECH games performed much better on nvidia than AMD, but that would be funny if let's say 280X will be equal to 980, the 280x aging so good that is amazing, compared to fail kepler.

19. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    why did i ditch my 7950.

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    you can always sell the 970 and get 390 or 280X if u still feel the love for 7950 :D