Recommended GPU for MAXED 1080p gta 5 with 8x msaa ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ganjasmokingg, Feb 14, 2016.

1. ganjasmokingg

ganjasmokingg Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte 980ti extreme :)
    Recommended GPU for MAXED 1080p gta 5 with 8x msaa ? FURY X???

Hello good people of this forum :bounce: , i was wondering if there is anybody who knows wich single gpu i need for maxing out gta 5 (1080p) with 8xmsaa and the advanced graphics also maxed ? :bounce:

Right now i have to do with my integrated gpu from my 4790k the intel hd 4600 . Does a good job with all settings lowered , i manage to get around 30 to 40 fps on 720p , and around 40 to 60 with 800X600 , i never thought i could play the game like this :banana: , i am planning to order a new gpu next week ,

and apart from my question , i got another question for FURY X owners about the latest 16.1.1 driver , i was wondering if the FURY X still struggles to max out GTA 5+8xMSAA with an acceptable framerate (minimum 40fps) , just like how you can do with every 980-ti ???

My previous gpu was a g1 GTX 970 that i bought for 270 euro's previous year , a refurbished one because of coil whining , it never wined much and i am always running a open case setup , but it always served me good until i decided to sell it this month for the money to put for my next gpu. That was my first Nvidia .

i always preferred AMD because of the good price/performance i always had AMD cards like the 3870 , 6870 and the r9 290 reference and the tri x version ..... i only went with the g1 gtx 970 because that one was cheaper than the r9 290 and it did good in the benchmarks .

But i really want to know if the FURY x can deliver me a maxed out gta 5 + 8xmsaa + advanced graphics on @ 1080p with the latest drivers ? I AM CALLING OUT ALL FURY X owners !!! i really want to buy 1 but i really need to know if it is up for the job , because my g1 gtx 970 could deliver me around 30 fps maxed with 8xmsaa but not with the advanced graphics on , and i really want improvement !

I really hope someone knows the answer to my questions !
    Cheers to you all !!! :banana::banana::banana:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    1080p with 8XMSAA is more like running between 2k and 4k resolution.

For a game like GTA 5 if you want 30fps minimum maxed out 1080p 8XMSAA I would go for something like a 390/390X which has 8GB VRAM which will help. You would probably have to have Nvidia PCSS shadows disabled though I am sure it supports AMD's variant as well.

As for GTA 5 1080p 8XMSAA @ 60fps your going to need a 980Ti or TITAN X with 6GB and 12GB VRAM respectively.

I would go as far as saying even these two cards would struggle to push 60fps at these settings and you would probably have to resort to locking the frame rate at 30fps, 45fps, etc whichever is your lowest fps.

Its not that the game is poorly optimized its generally pretty decent, but it is using DX11 and no DX12 which would of helped out with how much stuff is going on on screen in certain areas and with 8XMSAA your GPU's are basically rendering each frame more than once to smooth out the "jaggies".

I would go as far as to say you may need 2x 980Ti's for a solid 60fps. I would just try and go for 1440p screen and single GPU with maybe 2xMSAA for good image quality.

3. ganjasmokingg

ganjasmokingg Guest

GPU:
    tnx for the quick respond ,

The 390x delivers almost the same fps as the g1 gtx 970 with 4x msaa , let alone with 8x , would be scary to watch . I really dont want to lower any setting , that is also why i am staying at 1080p .

im not really aiming for the 60fps i am already happy with minimum 40fps and up . ow yeah i forgot to mention that i was searching for a single gpu since my pci soundcard is taking the space for a second gpu :( and i also dont know if the soundcard will work with a pci riser , i have no experience with pci risers , never used 1 before .

i was really hoping for the FURY X coming close to the 980ti wit the latest drivers , my budget is around 740 euro but lesser is always nice .

4. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Dude just use DSR or the ATI equivalent (ingame upscale resolution). Go for 2560x1440 and with 2xmsaa with FXAA or TXAA see what is best for your viewing pleasure.

Running the game at 1080P all Ultra/v.high and 8xmsaa murders my FPS. Running at 2560x1440 with 2xTXAA etc gives me nice visuals/similar as with 8xmsaa and above 60fps. (only downside is overall more blurry visuals). But when racing, running, gunning, dieing, jumping, dodgeing etc you really wont notice it.)

And trust me in a game like GTA you really want 60fps and more!

I have a 120hz screen and every game i play i need it to be atleast above 65fps otherwise a game feels laggy and slowish to me. Ive had this monitor for over 6 years now and always tweaking in getting the best out of a game and my hardware. Even waiting for drivers and performance patches just to get a more satisfying experience out of it.

Take the new Tomb Raider. With everyting on and ultra/SMAA @2560x1440 the goulag, thermo and snow levels dipped below 50fps on some occasion and it bother me allot. Switched back to 1080, used FXAA from the driver. Looks good and ~70-120 fps everywhere.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    1080/60 msaax8 and all adv. Maxed?

AFIK in AMD side: none and in Nvidia side i seriously doubt it.

The problem is not the needed GPU raw power, it's the DX11 API bottleneck:

Maxing advanced in game settings, distance and shadow it's simply too much even for multi-card.

6. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    I am running three 980's and have it maxed at 8xmsaa and can almost run 60fps with some dips when things get crowded.

7. ganjasmokingg

ganjasmokingg Guest

GPU:
    Yooo tnx for your comment are you also a fury x owner ? ,

btw yeah loving my currently around 60fps but with everything off 800x600 res . if i went with a r9 i would be upscaling 4 sure
    since the card performs better with higher resolutions , but i was really curious how well it could perform on 1080p .
    but 8x msaa is really noticeable on my matte matte lg ips led screen , i really dont want to lower the anti a for nothing ,...... i tried all settings even 4x msaa and also in combination with txaa with my g1 970 that delivered around in the 40 fps range . But now i decided to pay some more for my gpu specifically for that 8xmsaa ! And also i did not even tried tomb raider because i have to wait another week for my money to buy the new gpu :)

8. ganjasmokingg

ganjasmokingg Guest

GPU:
    Yooo

it doesn't have to be around 60fps 40 to 50 is also nice , there has to be 1 single gpu that can do the job if my g1 gtx 970 already could deliver me around 30 to 40 with dips to 28 , but that with the advanced graphics off . :banana:

9. ganjasmokingg

ganjasmokingg Guest

GPU:
    Yooo

Niice setup dude , my case is already too crowded for a sli setup :bang: , thanks to my ESI JULIA pci sound card , really searching for a single gpu , i also dont know yet if my pci soundcard will work with a psi riser , i am seriously considering buying 2 gpu's if my soundcard will work with a riser , but maybe that is something for in the future when i got a proper single gpu !

10. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Yeah three is a hassle with heat and room. I intend to replace them with one card when the new cards come out.

11. ganjasmokingg

ganjasmokingg Guest

GPU:
    previous year i had 2 r9 290's 1 reference and 1 tri x both for mining and gaming until it was not profitable anymore but damn those 2 alone heated up the room so fast , let alone what 3 gpu's would do , later i had to sell them both to build my current 4790k system .

i hope for you that 1 card can deliver the same like your current setup , but at least you got a sweet setup to kill the waiting time for the next gpu :banana:

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Pascal cards if they as godly as people think?

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just go with 4x MSAA, you wont see the difference unless you put your nose against the monitor.

If you do see a difference, it's probably a crappy game engine.