AMD Fury X Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Fox2232, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Cool that's what I needed to know. Looking to get a 4K tv and I have a HTPC hooked to it and I want 4K 60Hz and 4:4:4.

2. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080

I think its for for 4k 30Hz+

3. Krazybee

Krazybee Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Fury x
    since i got the fury x i have another question. im using 1080p with 60hz rr but playing on 1440. u think im not getting the full capabilities of furyx by doing so?..should i get the 133hz rr on 1080 or should i go with 1440p with 60hz?
    thanks in advance

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There are games where you are getting max once downsampled from 1440p. But you can get 1080p Freesync 160Hz screen from AOC (G2460PF and G2770PF) - good priced.
    Or you can get expensive 1440p Freesync 144Hz Acer (XF270HUbmijdprz) that costs just under what you paid for Fury X and nearly 3 times as much as G2460PF, but it is supposedly IPS.

If you play strategy games, then high refresh rate is nice thing but will not improve your experience much. If you play FPS/3rdPS or anything where is a lot of movement and need for reaction, then those high refresh rate screens will make you happy.

5. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Like Fox said, depends which kind of games you play. Its hard to get 140fps on 1440p if you are maxing out settings on new games.

So... knowing that, its up to you, what i can tell you is that freesync/gsync works great xD

I bought a 1440p 144Hz monitor for a very long run, so mayb now im not able to get all those fps out of my gfx (at least in modern games), but I hope ill be able in the future.

6. Krazybee

Krazybee Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Fury x
    thanks for the reply guys u are the best

7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Alright so I made my decision. It was not an easy one either...It's also not what I thought I was going to even have an opportunity of.

A friend of mine's dad died(rest in peace), and he was selling some of his stuff. He had a render farm using Titan X's. I managed to buy one for $300.

So the Fury I am going to sell to my brother who wants a high end rig now.

I am sad to not have the Fury X anymore, I had some great times with it. =[ But this deal I could not pass up...

8. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Thats a good deal. If titan/900 series goes down in performance with nvidias next gen u can always buy another one.

For now you are good.

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I am sorry about circumstances which led that card to you, but I hope it will do you a lot of good.

10. trylle

trylle Guest

GPU:
    AMD Fury X
    btw,is the fan on the radiator changeable?
    can I use a 120mm PWM SP from Corsair instead of the fan from xfx?

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Please make a benchmark for me on Fury-X & Nano in Crysis 3 Ultra no-AA 1080p
    New drivers 16.1.1
    Make 60-120sec. run in 1,2,3 stage of the game and tell me FPS.
    THX

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  13. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hmm, nobody has the Crysis 3 ?

15. ganjasmokingg

ganjasmokingg Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte 980ti extreme :)
    Yo Fury X owners !! how well does the FURY X performs in gta 5 maxed with 8xmsaa and advanced graphics on @ 1080p or 1440p can anybody please share their fps ? I am really wondering if the latest 16.1.1 driver did something for fury x owners playing gta 5 !? tnx

16. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    ya I got I play it maxed out no problem with all settings maxed out.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yo, Bro

Give me 320sec bench FRAPS in 1080p (1x Fury) with FXAA :) Please

18. ganjasmokingg

ganjasmokingg Guest

GPU:
    Is there any FURY X OWNER who can confirm that this card can run GTA 5 Maxed @ 1080p with everything on including 8xmsaa and advanced graphics ???????? I Really want to know this , because i rather stick with team RED instead of buying a 980Ti , i dont care about the long run , just about GTA 5 ! can somebody please give some answers ? tnx in advance ! , I always had team red cards and i only went green because the g1 gtx 970 that i recently sold was a bit cheaper in the time of purchase !

can you share your fps also ?? tnx :banana:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  19. AHPD

AHPD Active Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6800 XT
    Neither Fury X or GTX 980 Ti can run this game maxed out with 8X MSAA including advanced graphics.

You can play very well at 1080p with 2X MSAA, you can turn on Long Shadows, which increases graphics fidelity, and grass settings it's up to you.

20. ganjasmokingg

ganjasmokingg Guest

GPU:
    tnx for responding , i really want to go a few steps ahead because i was already getting around the 40 fps with 4xmsaa and with almost all advanced graphics on with my recently sold g1 gtx 970 , around 30fps with 8xmsaa and some dips to 27 but not that much . , i really dont want to trade the anti a for lower settings because on my screen it is very noticeable when playing the game with 8xmsaa .