AMD Catalyst 16.1.1 Hotfix Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    At least you have a ground to stand on! I get headless people and no ground at all!!

:stewpid:

2. Bansaku

Bansaku Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    I am guessing that tomorrow we will see yet another Crimson Hotfix specifically for Fallout 4. AMD REALLY dropped the ball on this one.....
    Thanks for nothing eh!!

3. mstcobra

mstcobra Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti (H2O)
    I lose all display signal when I enable my Eyefinity group on my MSI R9 390. Monitor setup is three 1920x1080 displays in a 5760x1080 group and one 1600x900 display that is not grouped but connected to the same card.

Rolled back to 15.12

4. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Now FPS limiter works in Chrome Engine 2 too (Chrome *THE GAME*, Chrome SpecForce) :D

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    why exactly would AMD use a BETA patch as the grounds for a xfire profile?

that makes no business sense. The nature of a beta is it changes.

will they have ot fix it for 1.3 release?

of course.

also, have you people with broken xfire profiles on 1.3 made sure you are in exclusive full screen mode?

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

I guess that will be the only way they can try to test the game because they have ZERO relation with the game developer/publisher as drivers evidently expose.

They made a CFX profile for a game version nobody played in months.

Good job for the Internet Archives.

Maybe at 1.4 or 1.5 game version release time...

You are so funny.

Yes and it was in planet Earth.

:D

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  7. Wolfehunter

Wolfehunter Guest

Problem isn’t AMD exactly. It’s the AAA gaming industry.. These game are built on Multiplatform. AAA brands doesn’t support PC exclusive content anymore. PC games are ports from Consoles. Whoever is responsible for merging a pc version has the difficult task to make it work. Unfortunate for AMD, nvidia is more active with making sure they are running more optimal. SLI and Crossfire doesn’t really work on multiplatform games. On paper sounds great but in practice it isn’t. I feel sorry for you guys. I’ve been using single cards many years because I knew for a long time game companies are interest in maximising their $$$$. Too few games are support for multi GPU’s.
    For myself this driver works fine for Fallout 4 using HBAO at 1080p 34-60fps and its modded with ENB and Reshade. My video card is R9 290x. I don’t like this crimson driver much and I hope AMD gets their act together to be more interested in games like nvidia is doing.

8. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    I used DDU to uninstall 15.12 and then installed the 16.1.1's rebooted then couldn't access the CNext control panel kept telling me I don't have permission to access the file... So uninstall via DDU and back to 15.12's and everything is back to working normally

9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You are getting exponentially more aggressive towards AMD for every mistake around them (theirs or others). And it starts to affect way you communicate with other board members.
    Try to do some reality checks and return from imaginary land.

As I read fix list, those are good fixes, many will be happy with them. And just because FO4 binary changed in between, does not make AMD a bad guy who can't care less. You got profile because they care. Even if it is now broken.

10. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Now you are the one settling for less. You bought an advertised product, you expect it to work. What goes for everything else you use, goes for entertainment products. Imagine your car waiting for a patch, update to steer properly? While some might find the reference here can't relate much to the situation, here is a thought; what if AutoCAD, AutoDesk, Microsoft Office were so broken, and their temporally fix was ''don't use the product for few days, or try it on an older hardware, we couldn't keep up with how fast they come out''? Many buy products and lack the knowledge about patches, drivers, etc. What if those people? There should be law suits for this kind of behavior, whether it's the developer or hardware vendor, a product should either work, or don't make it, you s*ck at it.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I am on windows 10 insider. Microsoft manages to break so many things with each release. After last one, FF is not playing videos in embedded frames unless I play them directly from youtube. Is that Mozilla's fault? Maybe in part, but it was fine till MS update. That's effect of a software vendor trying to be compatible with other one who is constantly changing something. Virtual Box stopped working several times and had to get new release just to be broken again with next MS patch.

Side Note: Using "reset system to default state" in recovery will make computer completely dead and will require reinstall from new image. - build 14251.1000

Same way, live changes in FO4 make it hard for AMD and nVidia to keep their stuff working well.
    And I am not settling for less, I understand technology I use and its problems.

And To take your analogy into right proportion: Imagine your car manufacturer releasing patch to enable your car to steer properly after you did unauthorized modification to control unit. Because it is AMD/nV and MS with Direct3D who create environment where game vendor makes decision to support certain technology.
    You can have perfectly working SLI/CF in your project without nV/AMD ever seeing your code or testing anything for you. Or you can ignore this part of technology and blame those 2 manufacturers for not working for you.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  12. wheeljack12

wheeljack12 Guest

did you guys notice the api levels in dxdiag? it only goes up to 11.1 now instead of 12 for gcn users in 16.1.1.

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I have feature levels up to 12 displayed in dxdiag.

14. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    I have 12.0 in dxdiag. You have win 10 ?

The driver work but have some sturening in some games

15. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I also have dx12 in dxdiag.

16. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    I never had dx 12 in dxdiag. and I tried every single beta/whql driver since 15.7 to 16.1.1
    only 9.1 to 11.1 and wddm 2.0

I did manage to run elemnts dx12 unreal somewhere here. so... I'm confused.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    From what I gathered Nvidia even lost some 10% performance in FO4 1.3 versus 1.2, while AMD gains were huge.

Then again they did add some rendering features so no wonder if they broke crossfire while at it.. Because adding stuff that affect the graphics to the game will break things and AMD sadly did not have xfire profile out before that patch went live. No real reason to blame AMD imo. Xfire and SLI are pain now days to maintain for both companies and game devs don't give a damn about that.

18. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    You have 270X , which is GCN 1.0 card, which supports FT 11_1, so you're not supposed to have FT 12_0 or 12_1.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It still says DX12 (11_1) on my 280X gcn 1.0.

20. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    Radeon HD 7000 series GCN 1.0 DX12, feature level 11_1
    Radeon HD 7790 GCN 1.1 DX12, feature level 12_0
    Radeon R7 260 (X) GCN 1.1 DX12, feature level 12_0
    Radeon R9 270 (X) GCN 1.0 DX12, feature level 11_1
    Radeon R9 280 (X) GCN 1.0 DX12, feature level 11_1
    Radeon R9 285 GCN 1.2 DX12, feature level 12_0
    Radeon R9 290 (X) GCN 1.1 DX12, feature level 12_0