Tom Clancy's The Division (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's definitely worth a look IMO; it's a beta and free to try. If you don't like it then delete it and forget it ever existed! :)

I think the gameplay looks interesting... a third-person open world-ish RPG style shooter that feels a bit different from the norm. Guns feels good and the cover-based combat seemed to work well and was fun, though nothing original. I am not really interested in the online/co-operative gameplay though so whether I buy it really depends on how much content there is for solo gamers. The game does feel a bit empty when played this way, although I still found missions to do and stuff from exploring. That said, Destiny started off promising in that respect but quickly grew repetitive for me as I found it hard to progress on my own and did not want to rely on playing with others.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  2. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I played around a bit to check the performance: very smooth for my setup with everything turned up at 1920x1080. Looked nice.

I did a few missions and then headed for the dark zone.

The tension was palpable as I saw another online player and we joined up to down an npc. Was quite excited to join up with another player - YAY!

Then someone else showed up and I was set for some co-operative adventures...

one of them just shot me dead and stole my stuff.

I despair. Really.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    This looks like a game that will be extremely PvP centric and that's fine, if you enjoy PvP.

I know there will be an SP campaign (but if it's the usual 5-10 hours), where does that leave you when you're done (and you're not that into PvP).

I don't really like the fact that you can only get 'the best stuff' in the dark zone, we all pay the same price for the game so why not have elite gear in both areas of the game, it can be differentiated by currency and how much damage it does (Ex: PvP weapons are useless in PvE and vice versa).

Still on the fence about this one as I have had some fun playing it (minus the damage model) and it has potential but if the end game and 'season pass' stuff is all PvP oriented, not sure it's for me.

Yep, this has happened to me several times, basically if you're not willing to group up with 3 other people every time you go in there, you are going to die a lot.

Another thing I don't like much is the fact that in the dark zone, you cannot enter any buildings and I have yet to see a way to get on top of buildings in the dark zone either (I'm pretty sure about the 'entering buildings' part, there could well be ladders I haven't seen in the dark zone so I stand corrected if that is the case).

Don't know if this is a beta restriction or whether it's going to be in the full game but it is a shame to have a whole PvP zone full of buildings and rooftops that you cannot take advantage of.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, does it take much setup time to get into actually playing, limited time nowadays due to baby commitments and longer hours at work.

Like yourself i am also wondering how much you can do without having to depend on real people.
    Typically I pause movies and games alot, so not sure how detrimental that would be.

Edit: Oh, and do you know if this is like other Ubisoft games in that the UI switches in real-time depend on whether you are using mouse/kb, 360, X1 or PS4 pad?

5. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    So apparently, you can fix SLI by turning off the Local Reflection setting and restarting the game.

6. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    Ran around with a friend in the city no DZ, Runs high - ultra 1080 60fps very smooth was good fun, Gonna wait for reviews first.

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    FPS at 4K is barely playable, for me at least. The purpose was to see what the game could look like with everything pushed to max at 4K.

To be honest, i don't see the point of 4K if everything feels flat and empty. If 4K is 'just' to avoid aliasing it's a damn waste of ressources.

If i buy a 4K monitor i want tons of more details to enjoy. Last couple of game '4K-ready' only used it as ultra-aliasing solution, and The Division is no excetion. I'm yet to be convinced.

Watched the E3 footage back, damn the environment was so immersive, i don't know why they don't even allow PC users to push this engine to its limit. Is it for technological limitation? Marketing limitation? They want to keep those awesome snow effect for an expansion pack? DLC? Very frustrating.

8. DarkLiberator

DarkLiberator Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    There's definitely ladder areas at least and even found one safe house in the DZ area.

I got trapped on a roof, pinned by a group of rogues, then suddenly the whole server showed up and slaughtered the rogue agents.

9. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Dumb idea to go into DZ alone. Matchmaked with a group but they were on the complete opposite side of the map and booted me from the group before I could get to them.

I did enjoy taking out an unaware rogue as I listened to his group all giggle after taking down a group during their extraction. I wish my retard friends played PC games.

10. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Can you get proper stealth-like aspects in the DZ? That would be awesome to me.
    With skill and carefulness, being able to stealth into any area and then pop out to quickly kill someone (or even limited to Rogues) would be AWESOME. Even a gun or skill that gave a bonus damage to players marked as Rogue and/or if bonus damage if it's a surprise attack (the enemy dosen't spot you first!)

:)

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I haven't made my way into the dark zone yet, but sounds like it could be a cool idea.

Seems from what others have said that this is one point of contention for them.. the inability to go inside alone without getting torched and at times being too easy a target.

Would be a nice idea to offer players stealth when disengaged from combat.. as a means of traversing areas when not taking fire or engaging the enemy (or getting to close I suppose)

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Are the servers down?

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Yes. I got booted and can't get back on for now either.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I hope it's not my connection, i played for 10 hours yesterday without any issues.

I'm reading alot of people complaining about these DELTA and MIKE errors wich i'm getting atm.

15. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    SLI not working well for me. I turn it on and both cards are being used but they start running at 500 mhz core and I get problems with not being able to shoot or click on anything with my mouse. Tried turning off local reflections, nothing. Single card not having any of those issues, getting between 40-60 FPS in different locations with everything maxed except for PCSS shadows at 1080p.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016

16. budwalker

budwalker Guest

had same issue with mouse controls, restarting game sorted it for me.

17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  18. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Weird, I did have the issue with not being able to use the mouse properly but not the other issues after doing the Local Reflection 'fix'. Did you try adding the Beta thedivision.exe to the appropriate profile?

Some people are saying it's the retail .exe that has been added

19. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    her's a short video running on my rig with some color correction

the game scale pretty well, can run it @4k 30fps while lowering stuff like AA, it look really really good once you correct that weird cartoonish coloring, the AA even at medium 1080p does an extremely well job, its really impressing how well it remove aliasing on most of whats in front of you

Nvidia stuff seems to be not working atm, but its hard to tell since you have to restart the game entirely to apply some graphic settings changes

gameplay wise you really gotta love looting and exploration, its the typical rpg looter, the shooting isnt something outstanding but it does the job, the immersion is pretty insane, the map is way bigger than what it look like, its way too easy to play with mouse+keyboard so i ended playing mostly with the controller, it seems to correspond to what they expected in term of difficulty

also i didnt bother at all with the dark zone or group play, played everything solo and its totally fine if you have doubts about doing it, my interest in pvp for these kind of games is near zero, too much randomness, i tend to go mad too easily if i start to notice balance problems and balance holes, and well hearing real peoples is a big no no in term of immersion , BUT i can understand the appeal and imagine peoples having fun with it !

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I wanted to cap it at 30 to max out all the details, but the mouse feels very sluggish when capped at 30.

40-60 feels fine, not sure whats up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.