Acer Predator X34bmiphz 34-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor With GSYNC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Toss3

Toss3 Guest

GPU:
    WC Inno3D GTX 980 TI
    Why are these 3440x1440 displays so insanely priced? Really don't get it. 4K is cheaper.

3. <3PowerGlove

<3PowerGlove New Member

GPU:
    evga GTX570 Classified x2
    It's probably also harder to manufacture a long curved display than a flat standard ratio one.

4. edekoning

edekoning Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080ti
    This display is expensive because its the only display that provides:
    UWQHD
    1440p
    100Hz
    GSync

5. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    yeah with 4K being cheaper...im not sure what their angle is here...i WANT to go to 34" UWS...i dont care about the curved aspect..but the price...blah...ill live with my 3x29" for now..till they come down...they are just too stupidly priced..no thanks :p

its too bad that Phillips 40" UW 21:9 had an 8ms refresh, or I would have bought it on the SPOT! :p (cant game at that refresh :p)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I have it as well.. it is definitely the best monitor out there right now.. would take it over anything else. If you can afford it, its the bees knees friends.

Who cares if 4k is cheaper? You can't get a 4k monitor with the same specs as the x34.. I don't get why I keep reading these types of comments "You may as well just go 4k and its cheaper!!".. Sure, with no Gsync and not as fast as the x34. Not to mention for some people they prefer the 21:9 ultrawide immersion.. and beleive me, its not just marketing hype.

Ultrawide and 4k are totally different beasts..

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It comes up everytime a new monitor comes out and the complaint is always different. It's almost like people have different preferences in monitors and value those preferences differently.

I don't even bother arguing it anymore.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Please master jedi.. teach me your ways!

I see those types of posts and like a heroin addict to the syringe, I can't help myself..

9. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    4K is more mainstream and likely cheaper to buy because of it. Anything that isn't "normal", becomes expensive. 4K and 1080p are normal.

10. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Does it have VESA mounting holes ? I'm considering it, but it's a no go if I can't mount it to my Obutto.

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  12. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    You know that all of your monitors have higher than 8ms? 8ms is only for gtg all other colours are much higher than that.

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Looks like this baby will be my next monitor even though it's crazy expensive. Pay for what you get...

14. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    absolutely, i wont buy anything higher than 5ms, and even that, i kinda groan towards...id prefer less.

15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Would love one of these, but couldn't wait and picked up the LG34UC97 last week which i love, ok only 60Hz refersh, but my 980Ti can just about manage 60FPS in most games at ultra/close to ultra settings. Gsync would be very handy though.

21:9 is the way to go, if anything i think a 36" version would be the best size for this screen( at least for me personally as i could have the screen farther away so the kid doesnt keep bashing it with toys :) )