Nvidia Control Panel

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Nicromarti, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Nicromarti

Nicromarti Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    After updating drivers some options back to default (Full Range to Limited Range and Adjust Desktop Color Settings).

Is it possible to force in Registry or Windows files saving my setting after updating drivers?

2. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    if you are using DDU or check "perform a clean install" option while installing the driver you will lose your saved settings if you want to keep it just install the new driver on the old one but i don't like doing this for myself

3. Nicromarti

Nicromarti Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Yes i know about DDU dont use him now, install new drivers from Geforce Experience, he set to default only color settings, graphics settings does not change

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Full range sticks if I upgrade and do not check the 'clean installation' box

5. Nicromarti

Nicromarti Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Im use the Nvidia RGB Full/Limited Range Toggler he change 2 path in registry and after update the Full Range not change to Limited, but color settings always back to default, im not check Clean Install, just Express install in Geforce Experience

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You should not need to use that. Nvidia has included the full range RGB setting in the control panel under the 'Change Resolution' settings.

7. Nicromarti

Nicromarti Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    I know it, if use only in control panel options he back to default after update, but if use control panel options + Nvidia RGB Full/Limited Range Toggler options not reset after update

8. edigee

edigee Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 960/GT 820M
    So whats's the problem?
    It takes less than 30 seconds to make the settings you want in Nvidia Control Panel. In the "Change Resolution" section.
    I bet using that old toogle tool takes more time than that...

9. Nicromarti

Nicromarti Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    So its normal to always changing this options, im and my friends always need to changing color settings after update again and again, this is horrible he can save the graphics settings and cant save color

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You should in general avoid saving anything between driver installs as this may lead to conflicts of old settings with a new driver. This is especially true when updating to a new driver branch. Inside a branch you may leave the settings saved usually.

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You can always do an EDID override of sorts to fix this. Though it requires knowledge of what your Display is and isn't capable of. Unless you are OK with just overriding it to the point where the Driver and EDID treat the monitor as nothing more than DVI without Audio.

12. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    each time new driver released & ran DDU, also need to set all the setting. don't be lazy.

by the way, the NV control panel & GFE still sluggish than RADEON setting.

13. Nicromarti

Nicromarti Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Try it (in gpedit locked searching drivers in Windows Update),after cleaning download from nvidia site 361.43, install him and set color, than download 361.60 and again after update graphics settings saved (Anisotropic Filtering, DSR, MFAA), color settings back to default.

P.S. Radeon GPU have very bad drivers, im used R9 290X after Geforce and never back to radeon, because when income new game the radeon not have optimized drivers and game works very bad, than released new driver and there is no guarantee that the game will work correct with this driver.
    Its not single problem.
    In Catalyst and new Radeon Settings not working VSync.
    99% of my games loading slowly (probably its architecture issues) than was on GTX 770/GTX 560 Ti 448 (Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Nvidia 2 sec / Radeon 5 sec + slow upload textures, Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Nvidia 15-30 sec / Radeon 50 sec - 1.30 min + slow upload textures, Fallout 4 Nvidia 10 sec / Radeon 1 min + slow upload textures. This games installed on SSD)
    I had more issues with R9 290X dont remember all, glad back to Nvidia but this color settings issues not good

14. Nicromarti

Nicromarti Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    I need to changing single parameter - Digital vibrance to 100, maybe its just can to do faster in registry and saving?

http://i.imgur.com/OEnsM.png

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i personally prefer NV more than AMD. i don't have luck with AMD & MSI. i almost get GIGA but i still dilemma with this brand.

literally, u can't deny that radeon setting is more responsive than nv control panel & GFE.

my friend using giga 290 no issue with radeon setting at all. what i can said it all depend on user itself.

my GPU never fail me from ATI 9200 SE > Asus GT 210 > Leadtek GTX 970

expect my lappy HD 5650 dead due to over-heating & a lot driver issue.

even DX12 is lean more to red side, i still won't get a red card.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016

16. Nicromarti

Nicromarti Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    My GPUs never fail me too, before im buyed R9 290X
    Sapphire HD 2600 Pro 256 Mb - Asus GT 440 1 Gb - MSI GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores - MSI GTX 770 2 Gb - EVGA GTX 970

Sapphire HD 2600 Pro 256 Mb was awesome GPU for me and VSync in ATI Catalyst worked, today if install the last AMD drivers Vsync not working and games (Battlefield 2 / Battle Engine Aquila / Echelon / Half Life) have artifacts and shadows flickering i thought that GPU dead, but if install last ATI drivers VSync will work and in games have not artifacts and shadows flickering.

I have nothing against AMD CPU, but Radeon so bad and drivers and GPU (hot, high energy consumption, characteristics do not meet the performance (R9 290X 5,9 TFLOPS + 512 Bit must be faster than GTX 980 Ti, but actually slowly than GTX 970))

P.S. Your friend have working VSync options in Catalyst/Crimson?