The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Thanks for the Help :) After checking again, I meant Silver Swords not Steel which are a lot more common and are used to slay human? rather then Monsters.

A lot of stuff takes a bit of getting used to, which ain't bad. I gave up on the Game now twice, 1st was massive issues with the game with over 2-3 seconds stutter effect, then the sheer overwhelming part of the map and all the question marks, quests, etc...

Do you get to "control" ships which are bigger then those boats ala AC Black Flag (Best AC I ever played) ?

NS

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    You can fix silver swords too, but they drop a a lot less for me. Might be wroth doing some of those "?", i found some good loot, plus gives you chance to practice combat.

Yea there are so much content :D Dont rush take your time. Maybe take a day off so you arent completely burned out.

No idea, i have seen any ships, only tiny boats! i am only like level 16

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    this cracked me up. :)

I think what you need to do is not expect Witcher3 to behave like Fallout or Skyrim, which is a very easy mistake to make early on like you are at level 7. It seems like it will once you start out, but then it opens up.

It's a huge game, and not just in size. The herbs/potion making, the crafting, the quest system, the leveling system, etc, etc, all are in depth systems that have fairly complicated ways of working. The map needs to be your most utilized tool. Everything starts from there. You need to understand how boundaries work and how all those white markers dictate where you can and cannot afford to go based on your level.

You need to pay attention to your quest log - note which ones are the Main quest, be aware of the suggested levels of all types of quests, understand that there are un-documented quests that you trigger just by going somewhere. Notice boards, and how they open up quests.

But most of all, at your early stage of play, you are just gonna have to do alot of trial and error with things. There's tons of in-game documentation on each of the different areas of gameplay. See what results you get with different approaches. Cuz by the time you get a handle on things, you realize how CDPR layers this game. It lets you develop a playstyle, then when you think you are ready, you purchase a ticket, get into the seat, make sure your restraint bar is locked into place, and click, click, click your way to the top of the first drop....

btw, make sure you loot EVERYTHING. You will find all that you need as long as you don't miss stuff. The repair kits Andreas mentioned work for both steel and silver, and fix 15%(amateur), 40%(journeyman), and 90%(expert?) damage to the sword, and these are pretty common.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  4. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    No big ships, just small boats. Also make sure you don't rush this game, play it at a steady tempo, you won't miss anything trust me. From level 15 up the game becomes so much fun as you can really enjoy every encounter. Also make sure you get all the witcher gear sets, they really make a difference and the ursine and wolf gear look awesome.

5. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Hi Witchers :)

So I played the game from Friday to Sunday quite extensively and right now I am lvl 13 and came across some awesome Quests, Encounters and got some very good gear plus both Steel and Silver Weapons. Currently got the Witcher Gear equipped plus Weapons.

The only Thing that is weird for some reason as I am now on a Quest to Lure a massive "Chicken" out of it's cave, is to use bombs. However neither the Crossbow or the Bombs can be used. I can use bombs only for Nests but not for throwing.

I can select the Crossbow or Bombs via the TAB Button but then can press several Buttons without being able to control it :( Some People say it's a bug, even the Magic lamp kinda dissapeared. No clue what is going on.

However this Game has been an amazing ride so far. It is different to Skyrim or Fallout or games from Bethesda in General, however I love every bit of it so far :) Graphics look amazing, I kinda wish however that Storms do have a bit more "Local" Impact in the game like it strikes a house and it starts to burn or the wind does have a negative Impact on you riding the horse.

Regards
    NS

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I havent come across this "chicken" quest, so cant help you here. But defo look all teh mats for the gear, they dont weight anything(as far as i know) so you can have as much as you can.

I am after Dundelion, very close to finding him. I am level 18 and 40 hours in already! Easily over 100 for me to complete it lol! Loving it so far, took 2 days off so i wouldnt burn on it too fast. Game is so good.

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    When is the new expansion will come out? Q1 2016 or something?

8. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    First half of this Year, according to the Devs.

9. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    The "Chicken" Quest is actually part of a Witcher Beast Quest in Velen. It is in the Settlement where the Baron is.

Still, Quest or not, I can't use bombs or the crossbow..it gives me no Options to use them at all.

Since my Key Binding is Special Setup to my Needs as I am a left mouse Person, I could not find any key mapping to use the bombs.

It is very strange.

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Strange how i missed it, unless it appeared after i left. Im away from that small area, ive done all the "?" there. Might go back and check out this "Chicken" quest:D Well by default its on a mouse scroll button.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I see clearly that Draons Dogma is far better game than this game for me.

12. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Good comment. Wouldn't that be better placed in the Dragons Dogma thread?

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You cant be serious? A joke, right?

14. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Unfortunately I don't think it is... and fair enough each to there own. What I don't understand is the necessity of the comment? Why come to the thread just to right that.

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Hello guys, I played witcher 3 and i like it a lot, one of the best games ever played actually.

So, my problem, is there any weird setting (like blur? i have disable it) because it makes
    me dizzy after a while, weird i know i cant explain.

I dont get dizzy in other games, so there must be some setting similiar to blur or something.

16. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Hi LocoDiceGR, unsure what you are exactly asking but you have probably noticed there are 3 settings you can try turning off:

• Motion Blur - This is the blur whilst using general movement on foot or on Roach. I have this set to off as it is quite strong
    • Blur - This is on whilst in combat. I have this set to on but I can hardly notice its effect.
    • Chromatic aberration - This is a visual filter which creates a small glow on screen. People liken it to watching a 3D film without the glasses. I guess an individuals eyes will determine how strong it looks to them on screen. I have also have this set to off as it isn't to my taste but it may be contributing to your dizziness?

17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    This helps me a lot regarding motion sickness while using witcher sense. I can't play without it:

"Just go to bin\config\base\gameplay.ini. Open the ini and set "MotionSicknessFocusMode" from false to true. There you go, no more motion sickness while using witcher senses."

--

Also there seems to be a 370mb hotfix today for Hearts of Stone. It downloaded for me even though I do not have it.

Notes:

- Fixes a problem whereby boards shown after finishing a game of Gwent were incorrectly grayed out.
    - Restores the progress bar shown when passing a round during a game of Gwent.

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I will try that and see if it helps :p

I use that a lot also, maybe thats the problem.

Yeah i had Chromatic On, i will turn this thing off, thanks for this!

19. aquarius_varun

aquarius_varun Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980 windforce
    I remember that quest a while back. Its the cockatrice I think??... you equip the bomb (grapeshot) and then use the use item key (RMB) on the Xbox controller and aim towards the top of the cave he is in.... (you can see the sound source of the cockatrice in witcher senses vision...) throw it there and there will be an explosion and he will fly out...u should follow on...have the horse closeby to follow him and after a little bit further in the field, he will start to descend and attack u.

Fun game. Need to get back into it. Already 70h or more and just at level 19 and just got to skellege isles.

20. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    ^^ this is correct for the "chicken" quest. Basically, it's nest is above your reach inside the cave, and since you cannot reach it, you have to toss a bomb at the ledge, or the ceiling above the nest. You gotta figure out how to toss bombs with your setup. Also note that tapping the button only throws a bomb/fires the crossbow if you have a target to hit (which is NOT the case here - you do not see any monster above you in the nest). You have to HOLD the button to aim the bomb/crossbow.

Then, as aquarius_varun said, you will have to exit the cave the way you came in to chase the chicken.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.