Can anyone explain my clocks to me pls

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vikerness, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Vikerness

Vikerness Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 GAMING
    So default clocks are 902 - 954 boost
    I overclock the card by 52 Mhz so it goes to 954 - 1006 boost
    Yet in game it goes to 1084 ?? Makes zero sense to me

And if i remove the overclock and use the default 902-954, in game it goes to 1032, why does it always go 78 MHZ over the limit ?

[​IMG]

2. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    GPU Boost can clock the card higher that the specs, when the card doesn't hit the TDP Limit. So is normal to see those clocks ....

3. Vikerness

Vikerness Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780 GAMING
    So no matter what you set the clock speed, it will go a fixed 78 Mhz over, if it doesnt hit the TDP? Weird how i've been reading a million reviews yet this is the first time i hear about it.

4. Sildur

Sildur Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    Had the same issue on my GTX770 just a bit more worse(100mhz+ more then the core clock was set towards to.) Made overclocking a real pain.

Had to modify my bios in order to overcome this issue. Also disabled the boost clock.
    Overclocking on newer cards is kinda weird, they have a table with clocks in it that you can set yours to (can be seen in the bios editor). I miss the old times where I could just increase the clocks directly without using offsets. :p