Fallout 4 Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RexOmnipotentus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Enough I can play without shadowboost? Because Shadowboost gave me great performance as it was. It solved a lot of mid city slowdowns.

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    That sounds nice, but I can't help wonder if all they did was reduce graphical fidelity or remove shadows like they did with Corvega. Who knows, with the terrible performance and now closing out AMD outright I'm just about done with this game.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  3. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    thre is no mention of fps improvements in the driver release notes, just that the compas bug has been foxed. Knowing AMD, they would have most certainly added "improved fallout 4 performance" in the release notes. But they didn't.

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Not sure if you are referring to AMD driver Crimson 16.1 or Fallout 4 beta 1.3 patch, but I rolled back to Catalyst 15.11.1 to get rid of compass issues with my 290. As far as the Fallout 4 patch goes, it pisses me off that they (be it nvidia and/or bethesda) are totally excluding AMD customers who also want to play games and have options, not restrictions.

Sure, we may get a hack or mod to try and allow AMD hardware to run the flex gamewrecks stuff, but this game doesn't need any extra reasons to run poorly. The whole industry going towards restrictions based on hardware just upsets me, that is why I play 90% of my time on PC and only use consoles when my friends are local.

5. M4ZT3KEU

M4ZT3KEU Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE RX480 8G NITRO+
    of course is more fast, tell thanks from bethesda and GAMEDONTWORKS/GIMPWORKS from NVIDIA, i hope doom dont' have this threatment :(, i'am very tired look game go broken because nvidia and DEV'S, FALLOUT 4, is not only run crap on pc, it's look very CRAP, i hope that don't happening with DOOM, i hope doom it's optimized for both brand gpu and cpu's :(, and it's not sufficient, now they add another effects works only on nvidia, but HBAO+ work on both, another bull****s added on this game only for sell more gpu, i hate this marketing politics like nvidia, i want all devs look what devs like DICE, Avalanche Studios, square enix, crytek, and RED CD PROJEKT do with their games, it's optimized very very well, example red projekt yes implemented nvidia gimpworks, but it's run flawless on amd too, yes with disable hairworks, because in game like the witcher 3, effects like hairworks it's USLESS, maybe in games like tomb raider can put it, but in games like TW3 where u needed most fast and reactive controls possible, it's very usless, homewere, i hope in next bethesda games, they stop made that, because FALLOUT 4 is a crap game, story it's boring, terrible optimized, lot bugs, and sorry for who love fallout saga, but that fallout it's only fallout 3 with mods IMHO, i hope they fix bugs and performance very fast, because this game it's live only for mods!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

6. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    @BuildeR2: I was referring to driver. I wasn't even aware of the new FO4 patch (diablo 3 S5 started :D ).
    I will edit my previous post to remove confusion. Thanks for pointing it out.

Also, latest beta driver hotfix whql ( sounds ridiculous :D ) fixed the compass bug that was introduced with Crimson driver so I installed it. I was using last Catalyst betas before that too.

7. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Nope. Still a broken game.

My system in sig? Cant hold 72fps at all times on Ultra. I'm at 1575mhz GPU.

The game is broken. Period.

Shadow distance still not fixed. New HBAO+ stutters, no matter what FPS, the bullet debris is sweet tho. No issues there.

8. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    in my case yes fix a lot the porformance 40 fps in some parts of the maps and now i have 50-60 fps in the same parts .

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I tested it for a few minutes.

Here using CFX 290x (1175/1600) around 50-55 fps minimum in cities god rays off fxaa the rest maxed 1800p vsr, enb and a few mods.

Waiting for the new shadow boost to match last patch to retest.

10. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1822/?

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I correct myself: i forgot CFX is not working anymore, last drivers make profiles useless.

:3eyes:

I set AFR in fallout 4 profile and it does nothing, both cards are "see" (commit amount for both) but game only use one.

Just tried with last shadow boost, enb and few mods.

I will try with 15.12 fix dlls in game folder.

13. kandata94

kandata94 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X DirectCU II
    Seems that patch 1.3 does wonders for amd cards, impressive results :banana:

1080P SSAO & HBAO+
    [[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1440P SSAO & HBAO+
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4K SSAO & HBAO+
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Yeah, it make forcing AFR useless now, due heavy artefacting and other rendering issues.

15. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Those benchmarks seem strange. 280x better than a 970 at 1440p and above? Come on.

16. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    meh...I don't trust those for a second. I can't imagine the amount of time needed to put into these to test all those cards. They probably test 3-4 cards and then based on some previous differences apply % + - to all the other cards to correspond to god knows what reference.
    IMHO, I get those 280X framerates on my rig. With their CPU and clocks 280X and 7970 should give more. at least 10% more. Almost all cards there should give more. Then again, we have no clue as to what they tested since game does not have internal benchmark.

edit: and the difference between 280x, 290 and 290x is marginal? :D:D:D omg...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  17. kandata94

kandata94 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X DirectCU II
    Well, a 7870 that destroys a gtx titan at 4k, or a 280x at par with a gtx 980, more reliable than this? :nerd::nerd:

18. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I'd say they are at the same reliability level :D:D:D

19. gamervivek

gamervivek Guest

GPU:
    HIS/4850/512MB
    They have similar result of 280X matching a 970 in Division beta.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    WOW!The Division benches...

AMD did it again!

CFX negative scaling.

:3eyes: