Watch Dogs - customOutfits mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by infiniium, Oct 6, 2015.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    And what's the difference between yours and this old mod?: http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/2b3d8t/play_as_npc_mod_10a/

2. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
  3. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO R9 390 8GB
    Hey, glad you got it working. The video is quite dark though, I can't really see most of the outfits.
    The custom outfits go to the next level by not (just) editing the modelkit id in the item xml, but modifying the model itself. You need to unpack the graphickit_parts lib to see what model parts there are, and take note of the id values. Then you put those values in the graphickit_models lib into your files and that's it. There are several issues with this as NPC models have a bit different geometry from Aiden and you will see a lot of clipping and ****, so you have to try out a lot of things to find something useful. In my mod I even modified the Aiden head 3d model so his neck is a little different, this way it's not clipping with the NPC clothes.

4. Whieheit

Whieheit Guest

I need help in resolving outfits.

I want to remove. logo and letters of the alone outfit.

I know that I need to edit from the file textures.

But I don't know where to find the textures files alone outfit from?

Is there anyone to help me? or can introduce me.

I appreciate all the help. in advance.

[​IMG]

5. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
    Dude if u do mod it can ya post it on media fire:D i would like to use it:D

6. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR

XDDDD So all i have to do is pick an part from the graphic model parts and put the part id in the graphic model lib then copy the graphic model id to the items lib?:nerd:
    where do i put the graphic part id at on the graphic model lib?

and where do i find the id of the part?:nerd:

And When I edit the graphic model kit where do i put the part at how do i know what is head torso arms legs??:nerd:

and can i get the aiden head model?:nerd:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  7. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Outfit modding

Ooookay.... So here's a step by step guide to modify modelparts and finding the textures. I'd suggest using notepad++ to edit the files. One thing to note before anything is the byte order. HEX values have 4 bytes, they can go from 00 to FF. If you look at any 4 byte value it will look like this: 151A99CB. Now if you see 0x before the value then it is reversed meaning 15 1A 99 CB = 0x CB 99 1A 15 (I added spaces for better readability).

First you look for the model file in graphickit_models:
    [​IMG]

You open it and go to the very end. There will be the IDs of the main parts of the model, the head, the torso and the legs. If you want the cap, hands or some accessories then you have to figure out from the values above this part what is what. Let's say we are interested in torso.
    [​IMG]

You take note of the value and go up in the file, there will be a more detailed part with this ID:
    [​IMG]

So you have now the modelpart ID as well as the material override ID. Material overrides change the color, fabric, texture, etc on the model part. Unpack graphickit_parts.lib and do a search for the modelpart ID in file contents (not file names). Note the reversed byte order.
    [​IMG]

In the modelpart files, you can find the ID here:
    [​IMG]

In the file you found, look for the material override ID (again, reversed). A few lines lower you will find the material filename in HEX.
    [​IMG]

Now if you just want to swap some parts then you can look into any modelpart xml and get the part ID and override ID (or just use FF as override ID, it always works), and put it into or replace original values in the xml inside graphickit_model, at the places shown in the pictures above. The file names of model parts are descriptive enough to see what they will be. For example "Filler_Male.fil_m_tor_bombr01.xml" will be a male torso with a bomber jacket from the filler npc class. I think you can't mix female and male parts, but I'm not sure as I never tried it.

If you want to find the textures, continue.
    Do a HEX --> ASCII conversion to be able to read the filename.
    [​IMG]

Now I must stop here as I'm in the office and don't have the whole game on my PC, so I can't look for files in windy_city. But you should unpack it (it will be huge...) and go into graphics\_materials and look for the file you found in the modelpart xml. If you find it, open it with the text editor and you will see some texture file names (along with a ton of unreadable HEX things). You need to check the files in graphics\_textures to find which contains the image you want to change. If you find your file then copy it into your unpacked patch.dat with the correct folder structure, modify it with an image editor and you're done. YOU NEVER MODIFY OR PACK STUFF INTO WINDY_CITY!!! ALWAYS DO EVERYTHING IN PATCH.DAT!!!

As the gibbed unpacker only has 60% of the file list, there's a chance the file you are looking for won't be in its place. It will be in the __UNKNOWN folder instead, with some random numbers as its file name. Finding anything there is a pain but not impossible.

8. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Wonderful guide infiniium! :)

That's what I came up with lately, after watching Punisher War Zone again... :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
    XDD Thx DUDe i Really THank u Alot Now i gota try it and ll post an picture when i done.
    but all i want is the model id im not planing on changeing colors and fabric:D

10. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
    ok im confused if the code is 0xf8f8989
    do u copy the f8f8989 to the graphic model id part
    or if u copy f8f89898 u suposse to put it 9898f8f ?

11. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
    im have an problem
    when i try to repack the graphic kit model it say Warning cant find File Definition graphickit_model?

12. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Lol! The punisher. Very nice! :D

13. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    You have to reverse it but move every 2 characters together. I guess you copied the number here wrong because it's just 7 characters and it's alway 8. So just for the sake of the example let's say the number you want to reverse is 0xf8f8989A. It will be like this: 9A98f8f8

14. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
    YES!!!! I KNew It THx Dude!!:D Man Your AWESOME!:D
    thx i was right the first time cuz u said the code is reversed:D
    i was just not sure if i was correct lol:nerd:

15. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
    so do i need to pack the graphickit model and the items lib in the patch now? or just the items.lib? after im done modding.

16. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
    lol no that was an example code it was not an real one:nerd:

17. Plazma

Plazma Guest

GPU:
    R9280x 3gb VR
    It did it again i did what u said and it still saying Warning cant findBinary Object File Definition graphickit_model:( when i try to repack the xml into the fcb:(:bang:

18. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Well I wrote the byte reversing because you asked about that. This error message I don't know why is happening. I don't see your files, don't know what you did and how you did it, so I can't really tell you how to fix this. I can write down how I manage my mods, maybe you'll see what you are doing differently.

- move everything into a new folder (untouched patch files + disrupt)
    - unpack patch.dat
    - unpack with gibbed binaryobject the items.lib, graphickit_model.lib. I already have graphickit parts unpacked somewhere else so i don't need to unpack that, because i just use it as reference, I'm not changing anything in that
    - modify the xmls to my taste
    - copy any needed texture or material file into the patch folder from unpacked windy_city and modify them
    - pack items AND graphickit_models with binaryobject
    - rename items_converted_converted.fcb and graphickit_models_converted_converted.fcb to items.lib and graphickit_models.lib and move them into the patch folder
    - pack everything and copy the patch.dat and fat into WD

EDIT: one of the original .libs had an issue with file names but can't remember which one. It has two file names in it with : (a colon) in them and the unpacker fails at that point. Did you see an error when unpacking the libs?

EDIT2: graphickit_models is the one. Open the lib with a text editor and search for these two:
    A_MainCharacters.dlc01_Model_WIP_2014-04-16 16:35:18
    A_MainCharacters.dlc01_Model_WIP_2014-04-16 16:11:41

Just replace the colons with _ (underscore), save and unpack.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  19. Whieheit

Whieheit Guest

Thanks for the advice it earlier. It's really great

I need your help again, If it does not bother you too much.

I want how to fix. The change from the hat of nemesis outfit is wearing the hat of blume agent outfit instead.

It is a miracle in my life. If I can fix it.

I appreciate all the help. in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  20. infiniium

infiniium Guest

GPU:
    Replacing a hat is quite easy. The only problem is I don't know which model file is used in the Nemesis outfit, they are named like A_MainCharacters.SP_Cloth_Store_Aiden_0**.xml. So if you or someone can figure that out, you just have to replace the hat with these values taken from Blume model:
    modelpart ID: 4D1D4EF1
    material override ID: B2412941