2015 - Contest winners

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Before I was a mod.

Also, this is not a democracy.

And I do see it as insulting a member when you questioned about them getting a real prize. I consider that insulting.

You don't have to be here either, no one is forcing you to. You can go anytime. :)

If you continue this more then I can always make you go no issue.

2. Segamon

Segamon Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    congrats to all the winners. good luck next year to the rest of us.

3. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Some of the contests were Facebook or newsletter subscription, neither tie back to the forums and some contests had to join the forum.

4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Congrats to the winners.

5. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Congrats to the winners! It's always nice to see some well know Gurus winning something. Enjoy your prizes you lucky bastards :D Thanks Hillbert for opportunity to win some of the great prizes this and every year before.

And about whiners... well, some people really don't like losing, it's the same old story every year. Don't lose hope guys, respect the fact that you're alive and healthy enough so that you can enter contest like this, nuf said...

6. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    My name is on the list and I don't know if I should act serious or scream and jump like a baby.. My feelings are so conflicted at the present moment. I haven't even realized it yet.

The only thing I can say for sure is that whatever I write it would NOT be enough to express my gratitude because HOW I feel cannot be described with words.

I woke up at 9PM(we were out celebrating last night) and after a triple shot coffee for my humongous hangover and a few calls, I checked my emails as I usually do, even if I knew that most would be from unknown people who wanted to make my willie the size of an elephant or from others that wanted to give me 2 Billion euros/pounds because they are good-hearted people and want to help other less fortunate people(just donate the money instead please).

And yes, I saw the email informing me that I had won and I sincerely cried. I'm not ashamed to say it. I don't mean like a desperate cry but tears of joy. Yeap, that's why I believe in Guru3D(who needs Santa when we have our Guru3D?) and always will and I will surprise you as you surprised me soon hopefully.

I've already something in the works for Guru3D(Its in the works for a couple of months but it cannot be done in the Winter unfortunately). All I can say it involves our big blue sky and Guru3D.

So once again sincerely and gratefully from the bottom of my heart I wish DON Hilbert, Guru3D staff and all of Guru3D members a great New Year 2016 and the a big Thank You from you loyal fan and member "Koniakki".

You made my year start the best possible way. And as Tina would say: You're simply the best! :thumbup:

P.S: And for those who question the authenticity of the competition/drawing or whatever, I'm living proof that nothing shady is going on.

Why I say this? Well, if the competition it was in any way unfair, why did I won? I'm not in any way endorsed or affiliate with or to Guru3D, besides being a normal member.

Oh wait, I do though express them my gratitude once in a while when the moment is appropriate, because I believe wholeheartedly that they deserve it.

[​IMG]

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    You made some legit questions.

Contests were open to everybody who wanted to enter in them by HH decision (rules).

IMHO Maybe it could be better if i.e. 1 year old forum members or +100 posts was required BUT that's only my opinion.

This is not a democracy, it's an internet site: who paid to have it up set the rules.

it's HH site, so HH rules.

I'm ok with that.

We can like or dislike the rules and we can even (!) post our opinion with good manners about the subject in here, these forums moderation is way above the average level out there.

About "ostracized" and "balls", it's a forum bro.

I guess you are not a teen with social net bullying fear, nobody is going to troll your FB or twitter account :D

8. Dzuljzebari

Dzuljzebari Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2 x GTX470 sli
    Your morning mail story made me laugh, I like people with humor sense. You made my day mate. I'd like to say big thanks to Hilbert and all manufactures who provided the prizes for great contest. It was exciting time, especially logo search, because I always find something important to know in those articles. Thx to all who stayed positive

9. ht_addict

ht_addict Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Vega64(CF)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a moderator aren't you not suppose to enforce the rules and deal with people calling other names, insults? Not contributing to them. arondutzu's initial question deserves to be answered, instead of being questioned for his motives, insulted, name called(by a moderator even) and threatened by same mod with expulsion from the forum. Wether the question gets answered is yet to be seen. Won't loose sleep over it if not.

10. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Congrats to all the winners and HH for making this possible ! You deserve it all man ! ! ! Also ... I wish you all a great year ! Maybe some of us will be lucky next year !

11. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Agreed. I would love to know how people got selected ! and the guy that searched the site for the users has a point. gg wd winners if you did win.

Back to my Commodore 64. :question:

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Your request is rather pointless, you think that some video of the draw couldn't also be fixed to give whatever result were desired? I am not really sure what the point of your request is, if it's for some level of impartial fairness then like I said pointless, if it was fixed it would be fixed even with a video, if it's a flat out statement of some sort of wrong doing on behalf of the sites owners then that's just an out an out insult. HH didn't have to do anything with the equipment, in fact he could probably have sold the equipment and generated extra revenue instead he chose to offer them as a prize an item that anyone who entered could potentially win.

The funny thing is I remember a similar level of complaining last year regarding the winners then, oh did I mention I happened to be one of those winners? Yeah, so I can 100% say that the competitions are fair.

Does it? Why so, why does his demand to HH have to be answered? Like I said at best it's a pointless request and at worst it is quite insulting ('Or should we take your word for it ??') really does come across as an insult rather than a question.

On subject, well done to those folk that won and thanks again to HH for giving those folks the chance to win some nice stuff.

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Congrats guys, enjoy the new toys.

14. Hellraiser

Hellraiser Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    :infinity: This is why we need people like Anonymous, The truth is out there.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I do admit, I did get a little hasty calling him that so I do apologize for that.

It is a pointless request, do not really see what would come of it even if there was a video.

I do ask now that we stop this conversation.

16. Aleksandar

Aleksandar Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 OC 2GB
    I really dont understand the crying for the prices why they arent reserved for forum members only? For the ones that think that if they are active on the forums and they have the legit right that they should be the only ones entitled to run for the prices sorry guys but i think that you are wrong. Am constantly visiting "reading reviews and downloading drivers etc." for the last 11 12 years and this is my favorite web site for hardware and yet ive registered last year on the forum just to say thank you....why? because ive won the Noctua d15 cooler and if i havent won it i would continue to visit the site and be inactive for as long as Guru3D would exist.
    Thats the truth i think that there are many people who actually visit the site and are not active on the forum and they have the same right to win the prices as the active forum members since the forum members dont pay any membership so it makes them equal to non forum members.
    Also dont be crying so much if you havent got any reward be grateful and happy that this site exist for the informations that gives you and probably every year you will have equal change to win something!!!
    Peace...

17. flexy

flexy Guest

GPU:
    Riva 128
    Didn't win anything but I had fun and excitement doing your contest every single day. Also, Kudos for announcing the winners so fast!

18. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Hey guys! Winner of the Noctua pack chiming in. This is the first time in my life that I've won something over a value of maybe $18 or so, when I won an AMD stock cooler from 3dxtreme.net back in 2002. It's sad to see so many people doubting HH and the whole team at Guru3D, but I guess the massive amount of awesome prizes did attract a lot of new "faces".

I'm no moderator, probably never will be. Just been lurking for 12 years and a devoted member for most of that. My need for assistance first landed me here and I've been addicted ever since, while also trying to give back and be as helpful as possible. I feel like the majority of people who are here and will stay here feel this way and that's why I love this technology oasis HH and team have created for us.

All personal feelings and ever so slight disappointment aside (had my fingers crossed for one of those 980 Ti's, but who didn't:nerd:), whenever I get the Noctua package from Hilbert I will do a little picture update of my switch from my 212 EVO to the D15S. I'm hoping to push my 4690k to 4.6-4.8 depending on temps and fan noise/my chips potential. I vaguely remember having one core that craps out at 4.5GHz but we will see.

Happy new year to all and may Guru3D and HH be blessed with a great year in 2016.

19. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    Congrats to the winners! For those who didn't win, like another poster already mentioned, that's life, better luck at the end of this year. Happy New Year

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  20. zeymour

zeymour Guest

GPU:
    R7 370
    Congratulations Guys! :banana: