Download & Discuss Geforce Driver 361.43 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Dec 21, 2015.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    in all honesty that has never happened to me. I have the steam frames per second in the corner and I've never seen it drop like that how you have described with this driver any other driver. try uninstalling the game removing the game folder and then trying again to install and maybe install it to an SSD.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's awful.

There is no problem with how their CPL looks, they just need to make it faster and update the UX to get rid of unneeded scroll bars and "Apply" buttons.

3. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    After some testing with games with fermi cards gtx 570 and gts 450. I have no shuttering problems.

4. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    GFE opens a lot faster, as compared to how it normally opens. So maybe they have begun working on optimizing the performance.

5. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Normal if gpu can handle the game dont expect magic on gtx 560

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Was surprised to see my system go 135/135 on my cards under 144Hz desktop. I can confirm that this update seems to have done the trick.

7. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC
    I appreciate you answering, but I've already done both of those. The game has been installed on a SSD since late May, and I've tried re-installing it to fix the issue before, and to no avail.

8. brightside86

brightside86 Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire 290X
    do anybody have annoying flickering in mad max on Menu or it just me with this drivers?

9. mkh

mkh Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070Ti O12G
    Had to go back to 359.06 because these caused DOTA2 to randomly freeze for a sec or few and then I would loose my ingame cursor. Also driver stopped responding once when I tried to launch the game.

Happy xmas and new year all!

10. lexkalin

lexkalin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+
    I reverted back to 359.06 but still have the same DSR and desktop icons problem :( Need help.

11. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    Same for me... I play witcher 3, Survarium and Vermintide and they all freeze and then yellow triangle apears on the bottom of start bar

12. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I'm on Win. 7 and these drivers are running perfectly on my rig. Played my flight sim, BL 2, Metro, Arma 3 etc. for a few hours, and so far not one problem. Best drivers for me since the original Titan X driver 347.88. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

13. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Darren Hodgson, clean install OS 1st if still got BSOD mean at least one of yr h/w gt issue.

14. zymphad

zymphad Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980M 8GB
    Only drivers that I have had real issues with since owning 980M.

These won't install. Boot loop with Windows 10. And yes tried clean install with DDU. Yes had past drivers with NVidia douchery with overclocking and other features, but this is first the drivers just don't work at all.

Reverted back to 359.12.

15. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    350.12 is the only one that doesn't work for me completely, BSODs and hangs of all sorts, 359.12 crashes battlefront for me and gives me a black screen for a second on death. This driver is the best since 356.04 for me.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The BSODs are gone since reverting back to a clean install of the previous v359.06 WHQL driver using DDU, i.e. loading Eisenwald and Pillars no longer crashes my PC and I have been able to apply 8X AA in Kerbal Space Program. It is definitely the v361.43 driver that is the cause of the BSODs on my system, whether it is a bug in the code or a conflict with some other third-party software I am running.

I have ruled out a hardware fault anyway as these crashes were not random but 100% repeatable in specific programs and games. Most of the other games I tried, including Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 and Tales of Zestiria actually worked fine with the v361.43 driver.

P.S. There are dozens of posts from people experiencing BSOD crashes with the new driver, including some with the same error as myself.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.P.S. I saw one person mention that setting Gamma to ON in the NVIDIA control panel fixed the BSODs for them with the v361.43 driver, though it was too late for me to test as I had already reinstalled the previous driver.

Note that these are the first drivers to add WDDM 2.0 support for older Fermi GPUs and the first driver in years to cause BSODs on my system. Coincidence or not?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  18. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Use DDU and then install your chosen driver.

Use official for Notebooks...

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    This

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i know & read a lot places got this BSOD issue but i played dota 2 a lot matches but no issue