Overclock

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by beppe_7, Dec 24, 2015.

1. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    there is something that is driving me insane about my skylake overclock 6600K

when set to manual in bios. say 45x and disable all power saving features such as C1E etc. and even disable turbo boost. in windows CPU-Z shows the stock frequency. of 35x but the multy is 45. if I enable turbo boost. cpuz shows the correct overclock of 45x is this some kind of bug? and the overclock is still really there. or does it need turbo boost?

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    It needs turbo boost to be on, you also don't need to disable any of the power saving features.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Sure it needs turbo boost. You are overclocking by setting a turbo multi. Like rflair said, most of the power saving features can be left on (eist, c1e).

4. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    sounds reasonable. even with turbo on. and power saving features my Multi never seems to fall back. does it have anything to do with processor power management in the control panel? will this effect overclock?

as far as voltage goes. I have manual. adaptive. and auto I believe

5. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    you mean it stays at turbo freq even with 0 cpu load?

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes power management will keep the CPU at full speed if set wrong.

Also are you asking us how to OC your PC, its that your references and what your asking are so vague.