RadeonMod (Tweak Utility)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Dreamcream

Dreamcream Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 Dual-X
    Is there "adaptive vsync" tweak in this RadeonMod like Nvidia?

2. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    I've never played PoE, yet what I've read on various forums is that the most important thing for stuttering (to have a smooth gameplay experience) is making sure the pre-render limit is 3. [FlipQueueSize] Perhaps some PoE players can chime in if anything drastically ups image quality or otherwise (such as adjusting LOD to sharpen textures).

RadeonMod is an alternate power-user type GUI to use instead of CCC and or Crimson CP. It provides a slick (in my opinion) front-end with all of AMD's key registry settings in one place, and a way to save and restore settings between driver re-installations.. Since you can think of it as an alternate-interface that controls the driver settings, you don't need to have it left open in the background for settings to take effect.

--All that you need is to reload your display drivers for the settings to take effect. (aka, via the menu option or a reboot)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  3. Warluck

Warluck New Member

GPU:
    MSI AMD R9 390
    Bonjour,
    I have the latest Crimson Drivers 15.12 and I can't find no options to change the Pixel Format. With the default format, videos on my Samsung TV are very ugly. Is there any option in RadeonMod to change the Pixel Format?

4. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Before Crismon, you didn't need to do anything. it was smooth
    Crimson however changed the default Flip Queue Size from 3, when the variable is not present in the windows registry (which it has defaulted to for over 10 years going back to XP days) to 2.
    Path of Exile is coded for a Flip Queue Size of 3, so having it at 2 causes very strange framerate fluctuations that are NOT picked up by FRAPS or a normal directX framerate counter/hook. So you need to set the variable in the registry and set it back to 3. That's all.

Same problem happens in COD4 modern Warfare (if you choose to play that game). Flip Queue size 2 and 1 (1 has the lowest mouse lag/frame lag btw) cause uneven rendering performance that make it look like something is trying to use the GPU at the same time. Not sure if FRAPS will pick this up. It basically looks like really really quick and repeated microstutters every frame rendered. Flip queue size of 3 makes COD4 nice and smooth again (but you will feel more input lag).

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Can you contact me via private message?

It would need to hook games which it doesn't do. You don't need to keep the program loaded once you've changed things and restarted the driver/rebooted.

You're right. It doesn't do anything like that.

It doesn't, sorry.

Open Crimson, go to Display -> Addtional Settings (Top right), is Pixel Format in that menu (Reduced CCC version)?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  6. Tempter

Tempter Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 8850m OC
    Lateset version can't detect my 8850m(r9 m265x)/

7. Warluck

Warluck New Member

GPU:
    MSI AMD R9 390
    I will have to reinstall the drivers tonight and give it an other look. I currently downgraded to Catalyst 15.10. I just figured out that some "options" does not show if you TV (second monitor) is not currently in use and it "might" be the reason I was unable to get theses option (the reduced CCC version).

I will let you know then.

Thanks for your time though, really, really appreciated.

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    For anyone having issues with GPU's not being detected, please go to File -> Backup Registry and upload it somewhere so I can have a look at it.

9. wolfman2791

wolfman2791 Guest

GPU:
    R9 390/Kraken G10
    Thanks for the tool!

If you don't mind, what is the DX9 performance tweak doing? What are you giving up to get the additional performance? Thanks in advance.

10. gensou

gensou Guest

I'd also like to know this.
    I tested FPS with the Dx9 tweak on and off, saw no difference in Path of Exile.

11. DeMonsRO

DeMonsRO Member

GPU:
    2 gb
    Seem's settings not works for me.. either :(
    Nothing new in catalyst.. or something..
    And same as the up user, dx9 tweaks.. no fps+ @gensou
    Maybe.. not aplicate? Like what i said up.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  12. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    i noticed that if you aren't using crimson this tool won't work right anymore. i just did a driver reinstall to troubleshoot something and installed 15.7 then 15.11 beta... then crimson beta then the latest crimson... on catalyst RM was not seeing my gpu correctly

13. gensou

gensou Guest

I'm also curious if this tool allows enabling shader cache even if it is not supported by the driver?
    For instance, I think prior to the crimson update shader cache was disabled or did not exist (I'm not sure). If I use 15.7 and enable shader cache in radeonmod, will it work?

14. wolfman2791

wolfman2791 Guest

GPU:
    R9 390/Kraken G10
    Another question... i have AMD Fluid Motion turned on in Crimson but it shows as "off" in RadeonMod. Everytime i set it to "on" in RadeonMod and restart, it just goes straight back to "off".

I assume the Crimson program is turning it on. Am I being presumptuous?

15. Indy

Indy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 AMP!
    @theoneofgod

Driver restart is not working(for me) since we have the sync option.

16. Manni

Manni New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7870
    Hi there,

Thanks for this great utility.

I'm trying to use it to make up for the disappearance of the dynamic range option in Crimson, but it doesn't seem to be having any effect.

I want to set the GPU in Crimson to RGB Full for best results in MadVR, but I would like the driver's dynamic range to be set to 16-235 for PowerDVD, as this used to work fine with Catalyst 14.12 (last version that worked reliably for me before Crimson).

I set dynamic range in the RadeonMod utility (DXVA section) and whether I set it to 0-255 or 16-235, it doesn't seem to make any difference with PowerDVD.

I tried restarting the driver and rebooting after changing the option, no difference.

Has this been tested? I'm using Crimson 15.12 but it was the same with 15.11 and 15.11.1.

Rig is an AMD HD7870 running Win 8.1 Pro x64 with MCE and Radeon 15.12 and latest PDVD 15.

Thanks!

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5179321&postcount=170

The DX9 tweaks were suggested by another user as it made a difference to them. It could be more related to APU things.

What are you seeing exactly? I have done a similar upgrade process but RM worked throughout.

If the driver doesn't support shader cache then the option won't do anything. You need to use Crimson for DX10/11 shader cache.

I don't have Fluid Motion in Crimson so it's difficult for me to see what the problem is. Can you upload your registry backup using File -> Backup Registry.

The Sync feature shouldn't have broken driver restart, can I have a look in Team Viewer?

Another thing AMD decided to remove with Crimson, which is a shame. RM was developed just before Crimson so anything broken is due to that.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  18. wolfman2791

wolfman2791 Guest

GPU:
    R9 390/Kraken G10
  19. Manni

Manni New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7870
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping that RM would still allow access to the parameter. Any chance to support this in the future, if a new registry key is found, or is it gone for good with Crimson?

I might go back to 14.12 just over that if AMD doesn't bring the setting back.

Thanks again for all your good work!

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Sooner or later all the feautures will come back to crimson,
    be patient guys, work needs to be done!