Download & Discuss Geforce Driver 361.43 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Dec 21, 2015.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have zero issues with this driver. It's definitely better than the R358 branch which had display scaling issues.

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Ok, it seems for P150EM systems Prema's V3 bios is needed for this driver to work properly. Unfortunately, it's not publicly available yet. I've had 2 confirmations this driver works fine with V3 bios.

3. Super1

Super1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    another BSOD !!
    I'll uninstall this driver and go back to 359.12

4. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I read all posts about all drivers, but I only post when I have a game stopping issue. I got a BSOD while checking my email in MS Outlook 2013 which makes this a windows stopping issue!!

There is something wrong with this driver.
    [​IMG]

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Have you tried turning off the "Fast startup option"
    ( In control panel select hardware and sound and then under Power Options .. select ..Change what power buttons do )

6. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Thanks you for reply Webhiker,

Are you suggesting I turn "off" fast startup?

Not that I'm opposed to do that but...why? For testing or is there a problem with windows 10 fast startup? I like my PC fast starting.

But, since you were kind enough to suggest it, I will try it.

NOTE: However, the BSOD last night was right before I went to work and had just installed the new driver, I haven't had the same BSOD (or any other) yet tonight and I am trying everything that was running when it crashed last night, very strange....

more testing is needed....and then I will try your suggestion.

thanks man...

7. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I'm using the Quadro version on win7 x64. All is well so far.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I cannot help but wonder if the VR support is the real reason so many people are experiencing BSODs with this driver...?

Certainly for me, the v361.43 is the worst and most crash-prone driver I have installed since 1999 when I bought my first NVIDIA graphics card. I have had more BSODs in the past three days than I had previously in the last 20 years of using PCs!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just to be more specific since I have just gotten another BSOD with DSR turned OFF (so that workaround suggested from someone over on the GeForce.com forums does NOT work for me unfortunately)...

I had just opened the NVIDIA control panel then clicked on Manage 3D Settings under the 3D Settings menu on the left hand side of the window, waited the usual 20-30 seconds for the applet to respond again (Yuck... I am using an SSD as well!) then turned off DSR so it showed as Off. I then clicked on the Adjust Image Settings with Preview menu and that is the section that 100% repeatedly triggers a BSOD and the SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED error every time on my system.

Looks like I am going to do a clean reinstall of the v359.06 WHQL driver after all and possibly avoid clicking on the Image Preview section in the NVIDIA control panel even with that driver...

10. AStaUK

AStaUK Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti
    Have you tried it without the Dell monitor utility installed? Also as someone else already suggested what does WhoCrashed show?

11. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

If the option "show only games installed in this computer" is checked, it will scan every game you have installed looking at the whole registry. This option is checked by default iirc.

12. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    This is the best driver I have used on Windows 10 so far, almost all hitching and stuttering in a lot of my problem games has been reduced drastically or has gone completely, running sweet as a nut now :)

13. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    Got this issue too. Treyarch acknowledged that this is an issue on NVIDIA's end, so they're working on it atm.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Right...i'd wonder why i have hitching and stuttering with a GTX970 in the 1st place.... :3eyes:

15. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I also have no problems with a dozen games played from BF4, Rust, Rebel Galaxy, Farcry 4, Elite Dangerous and others. All running great. No overclock. No crashes.

I only install the driver and Phsyx and I don't have any programs loading in like Afterburner.

EDIT: Also the 144 idle clocks problem is fixed for me also.

16. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I played sleeping dogs at 4k with these drivers in windows 10.
    and the experience has been great.

I have not had any problems with the drivers .

now the nvidia control panel...

it really needs to recoded.

so laggy when changing settings.

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Heh, yeah, I know that delay... especially annoying after you do a clean install of a new driver and end up misclicking when trying to enable SLI...

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Rift seems to have some performance issues, if I run across the map while its streaming gpu usage drops and it stays there until I look/turn around then it goes back to my fps limit cap..

E.g. 45-50fps and back to 70fps. I didnt experience such issue with 358.91.

There is one thing in .cfg about job thread 0, will try 3 or 7 and see if its any better. Otherwise its a laggy driver.

19. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Send the DMPs to me and ill do an analysis of them. wagnard28@gmail.com

20. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    These still TDR in SC2. Most other games seem ok. But certainly not the best set.