AMD Fury X Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Fox2232, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Howdy fellow AMD users. :)
    I was thinking of joining the red side upgrading to Sapphire Nitro Fury Tri-X from my 2x GTX 970s. Is it worth the upgrade? Wanted to go single powered GPU to power 4K at high settings. Can't be bothered waiting for new chips next year. :p

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Of course nothing beats 970 times two when those two are working. But Fury should be mighty fine gpu to run some 4k at high settings some games even on ultra. And with luck you might have Fury X on your hands with the Fury.

3. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Is it worth it to go with a single strong GPU over two? Absolutely yes, do it!

I've been a long time user both of SLI and CFX, and honestly while it's great when it works ... you're going to always without fail run into some game that doesn't have support for multi-GPU on launch (and or doesn't work correctly with it -- flicker, stutter, jitter, etc). This is ESPECIALLY true of Indie titles, JRPG's, etc. A single powerful-card is just a much smoother and less hassle experience.

--At 4KHD, the Fury is a stellar bang for its buck. Realistically you're far more likely to hit a GPU choke than a CPU choke, even with the current state of drivers. But yes, it's going to be hard to beat those dual 970's if you only look at it from a framerate metric and don't consider things like input latency, frame-times, and that you don't need game profiles and support anymore.

That all said, be aware that some people 'do' have issues like display corruption. I'm one of those people for that matter, however in my case all that's needed is either a +24mv voltage bump or locking the clock speed. (note: RMA'd the card [multiple times], used multiple completely different machines with it, nothing worked other than that)

Other than that corruption issue, I've had no un-resolvable major-issues with my card. Though, do be aware that you 'might' have something like that to deal with.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  4. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i see, yeah it's worth it, i mean if you are willing to go under 60fps from time to time, but like i said, before this new drivers it never went under 45fps. Hope the next driver will fix this.

5. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Awesome! Games I've played lately doesn't support or work much with SLI, thought it's best to buy a single powerful GPU. :)
    Will place an order on newegg tomorrow!
    I'll take the risk of display corruption.

Thankyou for responding. :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  6. malitze

malitze Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    Tried it, but didn't really recognize frame drops specifically when it gets furry. I'm around 50 fps +/- 10 most of the time @1440p. Never dropped out of FreeSync though, really love this stuff.

7. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Got an EKWB installed on my Fury and I absolutely love the way it looks. And the size, this thing is tiny compared to before haha. Temps are really good as well, it doesn't even hit 40C unload, and that's with fans spinning around 500 RPMs on the rads.

[​IMG]

8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    hmm what driver are you using?

9. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Nice, but, is this a proper way to do it?

[​IMG]

10. malitze

malitze Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    Crimson 15.11.1

11. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    the beta or whql?

12. malitze

malitze Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury X
    Edit: Beta :) I noticed that the lowest FPS I get seems to be at sunset (~39). And note that I resctricted Tesselation via driver settings, guess that impacts Hairworks?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  13. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Lmao I mean has a zip tie ever failed you? But no, I had those little plastic clip things you squeeze together but broke two of them when I was disassembling my loop to add the ek water block v.v. but I always have Zip Ties on hand lol.

It has been thoroughly leak tested though ;-)

14. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Zip ties are ok, as long as there's no heat, if that tube is the exhaust tube you should check that tie more often. :)

15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Big time :), i disabled the Tessellation override some time ago. But i'm 100% sure the new crimson drivers have lower fps with hairworks then the standard old driver. I also deactivated it as 30ish fps is a no go. Just so you make a idea, deactivating hairworks gives me 10fps without any hair activity near me (like a pack of wolfs). With a pack of wolfs near me i get 30fps more :).

16. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    I'll second that on the zip-ties. Absolutely nothing wrong with using them and improvising, though I'd personally go with a nice thick plastic type [even if not needing longer lengths] when securing anything containing fluid.

They seem to hold pretty well and last a long-time even under pretty high temps, as long it's the heavy duty kind of ties. Heck, I've mounted CPU blocks held on videocards with nothing-but-zipties. (eg, ghetto liquid cooling back when I was an overclocker)

Though yes ... it's definitely worth checking for sanity's sake. It also doesn't look the most elegant to say the least, and looks are important afterall.

Side note: Make sure that you have some airflow and that the case isn't completely-stale. Any small amount of airflow keeps the ties alot cooler than otherwise, especially if you ever put them through the PCB (for mounting a block).

EDIT:
    --Also forgot to say very slick looking on the EK block. Slim cooling on cards looks great in builds.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Happy Holidays to U All :D

18. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    I just want it to ship lol.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  19. Techio

Techio Guest

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    [​IMG]

Hello, Fury. And hello XFX, haven't seen you since Nvidia's 8600GT.
    Was originally meant to buy the Sapphire but had a sna-fu with Newegg's shopping list.
    I heard XFX cards are less possible to unlock additional shader cores, I'll give it a go and report back. :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  20. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    Funny, same here. Had it on order since Hilbert posted about it.