AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 15.12 December 17

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by twtaylor, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
  2. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Synaptic Touchpad driver Update

I have had my touchpad disabled since the time I bought this machine since I prefer an external mouse. I doubt it could be the problem but will still try updating the drivers

3. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Microsoft approved intel HD 4000 WHQL Drivers for Windows 10 required

Would really appreciate if someone could post a link to Intel HD 4000 WHQL Drivers for Windows 10. thank you.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  4. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Windows 10 Pro; ULPS disabled;I'm using Afterburner to overclock my cards

5. Falcy

Falcy Member

GPU:
    1060 @2.1/4.8
    Here

6. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    BSODs all the way

@ LIGuitar77
    Have updated synaptic touchpad drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled intel HD 4000 drivers but still getting the same device_stuck_in_driver_error during AMD driver installation. Kindly, have a look at the latest dump files that I have posted and suggest a way forward. Thank you

7. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
  8. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    amd crimson 15.12 core clock downclocking issue!!! anyone??? :bang::bang::bang:

9. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    OMG, just noticed that windows 10 has downloaded these drivers already, thank god I managed prevent them to install. Last time I had to re-install windows 10 because Crimson drivers messed up my old 7970's so badly.

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

11. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Solution proposed on Microsoft Community

Would really appreciate if someone more well-versed in programming than me could translate the following solution into a step-wise guideline:

Resolution

Use the .thread (Set Register Context) command together with Parameter 1. Then use kb (Display Stack Backtrace) to find the location where the thread is stuck.
    If the kernel debugger is already connected and running when Windows detects a time-out condition. Then DbgBreakPoint will be called instead of KeBugCheckEx. A detailed message will be printed to the debugger. See Sending Output to the Debuggefor more information.
    This message will include what would have been the bug check parameters. Because no actual bug check was issued, the .bugcheck (Display Bug Check Data) command will not be useful. The four parameters can also be retrieved from Watchdog's global variables by using dd watchdog!g_WdBugCheckData L5" on a 32-bit system, or dq watchdog!g_WdBugCheckData L5" on a 64-bit system.
    Debugging this error in an interactive manner such as this will enable you to find an offending thread, set breakpoints in it, and then use g (Go) to return to the spinning code to debug it further.
    On multiprocessor machines (OS build 3790 or earlier), you can hit a time out if the spinning thread is interrupted by a hardware interrupt and an ISR or DPC routine is running at the time of the bug check. This is because the time out's work item can be delivered and handled on the second CPU and the same time. If this occurs, you must look deeper at the offending thread's stack to determine the spinning code which caused the time out to occur. Use the dds (Display Words and Symbols) command to do this.

12. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Thank you for trying

Really appreciate your support. How do I go about updating/deleting the drivers you have mentioned?

13. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Device Manager Status

If it could be of any use, here is what the device manager says about the status of the GPU:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.

14. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Also the Best way to go about a fresh Windows Install

Should I simply use recovery USB to go for a fresh installation? Will it remove all of the currently installed apps and data on the system drive?

15. needlesnout

needlesnout Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 77xx
    Eh, hard to tell what's what from one line bug tracker summaries. At least some of those listed bugs are likely affecting other programs that aren't called out, but may be covered in the detailed internal notes.

16. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Clean Install the best option?

What you are suggesting seems like pretty tedious work. Is a clean install likely to be the most straight forward, fail-safe way to rectify this in case there is no hardware issue?

17. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    COMPAL EC control

One more thing: I once disabled COMPAL EC control for setting up manual fan/temperature controls. Could it be causing the problem? how can I turn it back on?

18. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I know people are discussing other issues with these drivers, however last night I decided to try once again to set my tv to 120 hz. No previous driver would allow this. Including the one just before this release. I can now set my tv to 120 hz with these drivers.

Yes I have a true 120 hz panel. It will allow 1920 x 1080 which is the TVs native resolution, it does have that gimmcky fake 240 settings as well.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  19. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I've found these latest drivers to bring back stable video recording once again just like it was in 15.10 (alt tabbing for example doesn't break the automatic recording).

20. haru3173

haru3173 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5870
    How does this stack up against omega? I'm hearing a lot of issues with crimson and I was wondering if its better to update