Problem since the new AMD Crimson drivers (or possibly with amd overdrive)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TechaNinja, Dec 20, 2015.

1. TechaNinja

TechaNinja Guest

GPU:
    7850 AMD
    When i'm not playing games my pc is fine. When I open a game the screen/pc freezes after about a minute with mostly a solid colour with a bunch of lines.

I think it might be related to amd overdrive which since the crimson drivers it shows my 7850 amd card as having a 1300mhz memory clock but its actually meant to be 1200mhz and overdrive won't let me change it to 1200.

What do I do to fix this? Is there a way to set clock back to 1200mhz/disable overdrive?

I can take a picture with my phone of how the pc freezes and the image it shows.

Thanks

2. TechaNinja

TechaNinja Guest

GPU:
    7850 AMD
    So far it's happened on FF14, assassins creed blackflag and fallout 4 (which it has never happened on the last one)

3. TechaNinja

TechaNinja Guest

GPU:
    7850 AMD
    Ok so now I got the overdrive to show stay at 1200mhz clock speed and it's not crashing on FF14.
    I did a factory reset so that fixed overdrive somehow despite the slider minimum memory clock being 1300mhz, it's actually got a 1200mhz clock.

Anyway I can fix that or just disable overdrive?

4. TechaNinja

TechaNinja Guest

GPU:
    7850 AMD
    Ok so bout 5 minutes into ff14 and basically 1 minute after starting a dungeon it froze.

5. TechaNinja

TechaNinja Guest

GPU:
    7850 AMD
    Does UserMustConfirm only show up on safe mode?

6. TechaNinja

TechaNinja Guest

GPU:
    7850 AMD
    And now it's showing 1300mhz memory clock again with no way to change back to 1200mhz.

7. TechaNinja

TechaNinja Guest

GPU:
    7850 AMD
    Just gonna revert to the july / 15.7.1 driver as I never had problems with that.
    Well notify if it works fine or problem still occurs.

8. s0x

s0x Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    So far, for the Crimson edition drivers there are *a lot* of issues. GPU/Mem clocks, stuttering, vsync issues, FRTC sometimes not working etc.

You're better of trying the last non-crimson AMD Catalyst 15.11.1 beta drivers. The Crimson 15.12 WHQL are just Crimsons 15.11.1 Hotfix "re-badged" with a new revision of the Radeon Settings.

( Also, you can edit your replys and add info, no need to do multiple replies one after another. :) )