HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Dreadmoth

Dreadmoth Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070Ti Titanium
    Maybe this will help: >>Guide<<

EDIT: assuming you're still talking about adding application absolute paths

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. Siridon

Siridon Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 (1520mhz/4100mhz)
    DX9 (64bit) C:\Windows\System32\nvd3dumx.dll :)

3. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Thank you!

4. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    Here's a fix for Borderlands 2. Based on my testings it removes the flickering which occurs only on vegetation present in flag "21".

Original-> EB 93 00 18 00 00 00 18 A4 80 AF 0B 00 00 00 00
    Modded-> EF 93 02 18 00 00 02 18 A4 80 AF 0B 00 00 00 00

5. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Did you find some value hex-mod to remove that sad ghosting from Christmas?

HAPPY CHRISTMAS guys! :D

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    haha that's funny.

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Thank you.

8. Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 4GB (x2)
    Gotta ask - is there anything in the insertion logic or PMM that allows for ignoring alpha textured objects?

Lots of games with primitive low-poly foliage that could benefit from something like that. I looked through the list but, to be honest, most of the terminology just flies over my head (or is too vague to make any conclusions off of).

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You could try playing with enabling the Alpha Test/blend and src alpha ones. It may have the contrary effect even though it says "Enable".

Unfortunately the descriptions are exactly what information I have.

10. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    For Alpha Blend I would try XX XX 40 XX XX XX 40 XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX or XX XX XX XX XX XX 4(4 or 8) XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015

11. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 525M 1024Mb
    How about "Life is Strange" AO flags?
    I just tried 31\2F\2C\25 and some more flags from other UE3 games. Nothing=\

12. Zyrusticae

Zyrusticae Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 4GB (x2)
    Unfortunately, I haven't been making much headway into the alpha test stuff. Honestly, I have a hard time telling when the PMM is actually doing anything at all (aside from when my frame rate takes an obvious dive).

The multiplier parameter continues to confound me. I suppose part of it is because I don't actually know how multipliers are supposed to work with regards to computer graphics, but it seems like it changes the sample radius or assumed model thickness rather than multiplying anything. Rather unintuitive.

I did manage to make an AO profile for PSO2 that prevents the annoying hair seams - at the cost of strange and bizarre artifacts within the este (the character editor). Not sure I can do anything about that if the game just does weird stuff during that screen (and why? Why render things completely differently in character creation?).

Basically, I changed the insertion logic from "Insert AO Match States on Draw" to "Insert AO at Present + Before Stretch Rectangle":
    AE 30 02 10

Alternatively, "Insert AO Before Stretch Rectangle + Match States on Draw" achieves a similar effect (A instead of 3), with the bonus of getting it to work with SLI enabled (without "Before Stretch Rectangle" you get an intense flickering effect that renders the game unplayable). It's also slightly less buggy in the este, but still shows up through hair for some reason.

I wonder if there's anything in the insertion logic I can change specifically to get it to respect game fog or particle effects. (Probably not, seeing as how this is a problem in most games with forced HBAO+, but I still want to give it a shot.)

If only we had an Nvidia employee who could give us the down-low on all of this stuff. Crowdsourced AO profiles would save them a lot of labour and give us a lot more room to play with, right? Instead, we're blindly reaching into the dark with little more than the vaguest of guidelines. Hoo, boy.

By the way, I came up with a Dragon's Dogma Online AO profile that greatly lessens the bleeding in fog (at the cost of being a little bit too strong on corners, my great nemesis):
    AE 38 00 00 00 00 00 00 48 20 B8 07 00 00 00 00

Here's a picture.

It confuses me how different the AO looks in different games even with the same settings. I could put identical settings in PSO2 and the AO is far, FAR weaker. A real head-scratcher, that. Must have something to do with how distances are represented in the depth map.

I've already put at least a dozen hours into tweaking this stuff, just to try to figure out how it all works. I'm starting to get places, but it's still mostly trial and error at this point. Nonetheless, I'm quite happy to keep messing around with it to see what works and what doesn't. If I could get it to work perfectly in every game I play, I'd be too happy.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    If you look at my post for Tales of Zestiria you can get an idea about Fog.

Using the Fog fade off and fog amount do make a difference.

I was able to take fog bleeding from overbearing to gone.
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/156049

14. camomille

camomille Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    AA off

disable in-game antialiasing, then it will work with some profiles, start with UT...

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    4d 65 72 72 79 20 78 6d 61 73

16. kanuuna

kanuuna New Member

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I decided to try out Hex editing using the guide in the first post. Unfortunately, I don't have any direct comparison screenshots, but there's what I got for Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut (DX11)

Project CARS 0x0016000

From
    Code:
    76 10 00 82 77 30 53 0E 02 00 00 00
    To
    Code:
    76 10 00 82 77 [U][B]8[/B]0 5[B]D[/B] 0[B]7[/B][/U] 02 00 00 00

Also, for whatever reason I couldn't get my changes to load when I inserted the nvwgf2um.dll in the .exe directory. Only replacing the file in the Windows folder did the trick for me. I tested this with driver version 359.06 and with the inspector AO setting set to High Quality.

Basically the changes to the Project Cars flag should make it far less thicker. I wasn't able to go around the whole game since I don't have any saved games, but I didn't notice any significant issues with the edit. There's some weird spots in the first walk-and-talk segment you can't skip where it flickers or happens to show through a tinted window, but I didn't notice it happening during gameplay or other sequences I played.

Apparently I can't post links or images here without 5 more posts, so you'll have to see how it looks for yourself.

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Might need to be in a different directory maybe than the .exe. Or might be the wrong one even. Hard to say.

18. Gitaroo

Gitaroo Member

GPU:
    Geforce 670/2 gigs
    I use Hawken one, works great beside it shows up on menu.

19. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Timeshift - 0x0000002D (MechWarrior Online)

HBAO+
    [​IMG]

No AO
    [​IMG]

20. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    A little compressed, but enough to see the difference. I'll add it.