Nvidia GeForce Game ready 359.06 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Dec 1, 2015.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Just a question, is shadow play working for you people? I was able to start it, run it once for 15 minutes (then checked the video), and after that it didn't start again. May be some of the typical shadow play bugs, but has anybody used shadow play with the 358 and 359 branch and noticed any differences?

2. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    Guys, which driver is currently the best for Fallout 4? I'm currently with 359.00 and it seems good, but i heard that 358.91 stutters less.

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    latest

4. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    With this and the hotfix I'm getting stuttering / 1-2 second freezes in Battlefront regularly - making it basically unplayable, anyone else?

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's a known issue with SLI and 359.06/12, Sadly, there are no new games to release a 'game ready' driver for so it will probably be a while :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  6. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Aha...I'll try with SLi off.

and yea... This season of "Game Ready releases" has easily, by far, (in my opinion) been the worst sets of drivers I've ever seen Nvidia release.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Oh yeah, horrendous.

8. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    I really, really hope the next set are based on fixes rather than being a "Game Ready only" driver... I sware, if the next release say's nothing is fixed again... :behead: I give up :p

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Because Nvidia stupidly designs their hardware.

Gotta keep them temps down you know!

I have to keep my card BIOS modded just to keep the voltage from dropping when it shouldn't and crashing the driver or getting me a BSOD.

Anywho, no forced GeForce Experience yet?

Thank god.

10. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    It's not a bug the way you think it is.
    When the GPU is doing specific compute work (noticed it with both CUDA and OpenCL) it's switching to P02 performance level set in bios. GPU clocks are the same as P00, but memory is indeed set to 3.3GHz instead of 3.5GHz on this plevel for the GTX980 ti. You can edit your bios to set P02 memory frequency to 3.5GHz if it bothers you as a quick fix.
    I think it might be an intended behavior and it's reproducible on various titles that are using GPGPU.

11. LOVEandROCKETS

LOVEandROCKETS Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti OC
    To get rid of those problems follow the steps below:

1 – Go to the nVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Program Settings Tab

2 – Select “The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (darkathena.exe)”

3 – Scroll down and select “Threaded Optimization” – It will be set to “Auto” -> Change it to ”Off”

4 – Hit “Apply” and you’re good to go – game will be fluid and lag free.

P.S.: I’m using the 353.49 driver and Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bits, but the above method should also work with other driver versions.

As a side note: the same course of action will also solve similar problems found in “The Chronicles of Riddick (sbzengine.exe)”

Regards

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  12. Scorpio82Co

Scorpio82Co Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 8GB
    hello guys, I´m noticed when i run the infiltrator demo, runs 10 fps and more below of normal with this driver versus some previous drivers, looks like deliberated downgrade, or anyone passed the same thing?

13. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    Hey. Who has problems with the launch of Mortal Kombat 9 and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate - look...
    359.06 - https://youtu.be/IfycFuRStkw
    358.50 - https://youtu.be/kzxBKF4ixyA
    I must say I've tried all the drivers from 359.12 to 358.87 and they all cause problems and only on 358.50, these games work.
    Mortal Kombat - http://steamcommunity.com/app/237110/discussions/0/496881136919129341/#p1
    Batman - http://steamcommunity.com/app/267490/discussions/0/485624040225643089/
    Some people think that to blame Windows 10...

14. LOVEandROCKETS

LOVEandROCKETS Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti OC
    What's the best driver for Kepler cards under W7 x64?

15. Bandes

Bandes Guest

Believe or not i could not use any driver newer than 347.52 with my GT 630 (GK208). That driver is from February 2015. Anything after that just freezes my desktop for half minutes. In the last 24 hours i have tried the two latest WHQL official Nvidia drivers, both caused freezes, and one developer driver some guys were posting here as good. That was freezing my desktop too.
    So, for me 347.52 is the last good one.
    I have just started a topic on Nvidia Forums about this because i am getting very nervous about this situation.

16. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    No problems with latest 361.43...it's actually one of the better sets...GTA V, Witcher 3, benchmarks, all run smoothly...on Win7 x64.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  17. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    B-but my 4-way GTX 430 SLI setup with my 5 years old Windows 7 install has given me a BSOD for the first time, truly these drivers suck. Rolling back to the last bad nvidia driver and installing some placebo Intel tool fixed it :^) Buttery smooth :)

18. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    :)... Unaware, what more can I say.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Noticed only today that all my games are running in Borderless Windowed Fullscreen regardless of what ingame settings I'm using :) I'll just try the latest 361.43

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    seriously, no issue on my MKX. W10 still not mature but is far more stable than W8.1/7. by the way, the driver is stable. guys with BSOD more likely due to hardware.

the only game so far got shuttering is FIFA 2015 but i blamed game engine itself.