Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, May 9, 2015.

1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Well it is in most locations.... just off in the distance. Problem is it's an issue for me, AC for me has always been running on rooftops and if I'm with max graphics and I see that kinda crap... it's a bit offputting.

Doesn't look very nice.

No that's just added through reshade, and yes you're right it's hard to see through the blur but you can sort of make out the ****ty render distance there as well. :D

Why not redemption? If we are PC gamers then why can't we have that privilege. Bottom line is game is dumbed down for consoles and they have only added a few extra perks for us. But a thing such as lod distance slider they have not..

Basically a ****ty console port.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  2. Meatdohx

Meatdohx Guest

GPU:
    Giga g1 gaming 980ti 6gig
    Carriage stutter even at a stable high fps

Hi guys. I have a pretty decent rig and i can't fix the carriage stutter issue. Whevenever i drive a carriage eventually the game stutter me backwards.

An1 had that issue and fixed it?

Even if i set everything on low.

I have 4670k @ 4.5 and GTX 980 ti and 16 gig of ram.

3. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I think this is a very good PC version personally. I've been playing since release and have had zero show stoppers, and only a few minor glitches, despite my PC being middle of the road at best. Compared to my PS4 version of Unity its streets ahead, even if LOD distance could be better on PC... what PC game does not have some obvious LOD changes anyway? And I have to look quite hard to see it here.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's a high end privilege though, and what have PC gamers done to deserve special treatment?
    The majority of PC gamers don't have the hardware or even the need for it, even in here it appears it's a non event for most people.
    A vocal minority is still a minority.

There have been many worse ports than this recently, tbh off the top of my head i cannot think of a single PC game recently that has not just been a 1:1 console port with a a few perks added.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  6. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Unity took place in a time of upheaval in France where huge crowds of people make sense. There are a lot of NPCs around in Syndicate, they just aren't in bunches shaking their fists at their overlords. Usually.

7. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Yes, my comment was more tongue in cheek in regards to lod issues that may or may not exist and based on what I am used to from Unity. I guess for me, if the portrayal of NPC's is consistent and, more importantly, looks authentic to the time period, I will be happy. If a space is supposed to be empty, then good.

My question was more along the lines of, is this something that needs immediate fixing or not. As I've not played Syndicate yet, if the answer is clearly no, because of the above reasons, than that's fine by me.

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    OK, THAT needs immediate patching...

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've seen stuff like that since AC2 *shrugs* The bigger open world just makes it seem more obvious.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It won't get patched. We saw this happen in Unity. There was an explanation from an ubi rep as to why this happens.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh dear, sorry to hear it man. I'm glad I didnt buy it :) Same thing with JC3 apparently. Thinking about getting BLOPS3, at least the SP experience is supposed to be decent.

As long as they keep using the same engine, it will keep happening.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The rep mentioned something about draw distance limitations on the consoles. Since all the AC games have been console ports, well, this is what we get.

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Exactly, that pretty much sums up the issue.

14. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Must be some cherrypicked spot again because for me lods transition very smoothly:

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    *sigh* PC Hardware sales need to go up and console down. We want equality between us and evil consoles.

16. Meatdohx

Meatdohx Guest

GPU:
    Giga g1 gaming 980ti 6gig
    No one has any type of stutter when driving a carriage?

Guys???

17. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not me..

18. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I don't have stutter during carriage riding... I've just had a blast around to check. I'm locking the framerate at 30fps due to my hardware limitations, which may help in my case. I'm finding the game very solid technically, with only the occasional hitch and bit of clipping... and the odd LOD dissolve/pop of course ;)

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    already 40% off on STEAM :D

20. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    £22, good deal on GMG? I see a lot of people saying its a good game compared to Unity, so as I thought that was good (not great) I think I might enjoy it.