AMD Radeon Software Crimson Hotix November 30

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Dec 1, 2015.

1. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb
    I have a strange issue. After updating to the latest Windows build (10586.17) with the cumulative update released today, I'm now unable to start what remains of the "old" CCC from the "Additional Settings" link in the "Monitor" tab of Radeon Settings.

This is what I get everytime:

[​IMG]

"Radeon Additional Settings" has stopped working. It doesn't even open the window, to be correct.

Windows 10 build:

[​IMG]

Does anyone have the same issue? Any clue?

2. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    When windows gets huge, like build uprade, it means it overwrites a lot of files and some driver files can be overwritten. Every time bigger upgrade is performed and you are getting problems with drivers you should reinstall your driver, after driver reinstallation everything should be ok again.

3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Because of restrictive kernel from Windows 10 the drivers from Amd & Nvidia have trouble.
    Windows 10 is still in beta phase,M$ still they dont know what to do with their tracking system and users are back to still solid Windows 8.1.

4. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    I've tried both to reinstall the drivers and to scan the system with "sfc /scannow" but I still get this error :(

Everything else seems to be working fine, but I'm not able anymore to access what remains of CCC.

This is the error I get:

Code:
    Origine
    Radeon Additional Settings: Command Line Interface

Riepilogo
    Ha smesso di funzionare

Data
    ***8206;03/***8206;12/***8206;2015 13:09

Stato
    Segnalazione inviata

Descrizione
    Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore:	C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim\CLI.exe

Firma del problema
    Nome evento problema:	CLR20r3
    Firma problema 01:	CLI.exe
    Firma problema 02:	4.5.0.0
    Firma problema 03:	56375a5d
    Firma problema 04:	CLI.Implementation
    Firma problema 05:	4.5.0.0
    Firma problema 06:	564c18a5
    Firma problema 07:	f
    Firma problema 08:	7
    Firma problema 09:	System.IO.FileLoadException
    Versione SO:	10.0.10586.2.0.0.256.48
    ID impostazioni locali:	1040
    Informazioni aggiuntive 1:	5fbd
    Ulteriori informazioni 2:	5fbdf74a7c878964e729d473ca806a3d
    Ulteriori informazioni 3:	a8d4
    Ulteriori informazioni 4:	a8d4fd16a1ec24ff7cf61af332ed25cc

Ulteriori informazioni sul problema
    ID bucket:	3e78690386b43872f72a3799b2974984 (128965449571)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    I dont know if you can uninstall that windows update.That update could be the culprit.

6. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    It's probably is, but since this is the last Windows 10 cumulative update released today, if there's an issue like this with the latest Crimson drivers, perhaps it's better for AMD to take notice and release another hotfix.

Does anyone else has this issue? The Windows 10 Build needs to be 10586.17

7. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    Yes, i test with this files, but becarfull the card is overheating when use this files.. I play fo4 72c and when put this files 82c.. if you use test your temp

8. Falcy

Falcy Member

GPU:
    1060 @2.1/4.8
    Same latest build, no issues here.

W10 is solid and not in beta. But stay with 8.1 or 7even if you want. :wanker:

9. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    :D

Ofc ,even Mr. Extraordinary is back to Win8.1. ;)

10. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid

Dude, You are on insider build & you are asking here for answers/solutions to beta code :gape:

Our 'Boys in the know' here on G3D have a pretty good understanding of how the CCC & various (related to CCC) driver components function, so are well versed in offering up possible solutions to issues relating to CCC packages...

Crimson on the other hand has been re-coded from the ground up, meaning our 'Boys in the know' now know jack **** (nothing) about the internal functions & coding methods used in the new red driver... They must learn all over again... Crimson is only a few days old so let's be realistic about the possibility of homebrew fix's actually fixing rather than introducing further issues down the line...

The disclaimer you read prior to installing insider builds informed you that there may be issues (some major, some minor), but one thing is definite, there 'WILL' be issues :3eyes:...

Every new build of win10 brings fix's, but will also introduce new issues related to the now changed base code... This also includes changes to the way windows handles it's various mini sub-systems... Example : DX11/12 code manipulation/Overhead optimization, communication between OS & sub-system hardware & how the software layer marrying them together actually achieves it's goal/how efficient it is at doing so...

Many, many things will have been re-coded in your latest insider build & as a result, one of the new issues for Crimson is the conflict that has been created between itself & the new win10 base OS/hardware/software layer...

I am on consumer release win10 home x64 build 1511 (last build before your latest preview) & I have no issues with crimson UI or feature function whatsoever... This demonstrates exactly what I am talking about :thumbup:

They will fix it, be sure of that (whoever is responsible), just be patient ok... (you must have patience, your an AMD user FFS !!! :kermit:)...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015

11. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    He is not on an insider build BTW it's the th2 release with latest update !

12. Falcy

Falcy Member

GPU:
    1060 @2.1/4.8
    No, he is not. And i have no issues with the latest, official build.

Ya, it clearly demonstrates that you thought you had right, but sadly so wrong. :puke2:

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-pushes-cumulative-update-for-windows-10-version-1511

13. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    No, it's not an insider build, it's the latest "stable" build of Windows 10 after today's cumulative update. Check it on Google please :)

However, I've been finally able to fix it, after using DDD and cleaning everything in safe mode plus reinstalling the latest driver (Crimson 15.11.1 Hotfix). Now it works fine again.

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

14. Tmfwow

Tmfwow Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
    For anyone wanting to stretch lower resolutions in CS:GO a workaround is to just add a custom resolution of the desired res.

15. idboms

idboms Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x WF3 rev2
    The Clocks and GPU usage are fluctuating like crazy while I'm using the OpenGL backend on Dolphin x64 emulator. Notice no stutters though, weird. Does the same with the Direct3D backend.

Tried the older 15.11 crimson driver, still the same. Looks like a power saving feature? Doesn't do it in Fallout 4, just the emulator. :eyes:

Fallout 4's compass started flickering after installing this driver, doesn't do it in the 15.11 crimson driver. Don't see any weird fan behavior for now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Set a profile and apply it in AB.

Left side of the green line shows my GPUs at base clock 1000/1250 (LN2 bios) with Crimson "Gangnam style" power saving 300/150 ups and downs at work.

Right side of the green line shows my GPUs at 1175/1600 OCed profile applied in AB.

Look at GPU usage in both cases, i was doing exactly the same in both situations: web browsing, using file manager (copy,paste,move...)

[​IMG]

17. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    I think the best idea, is add in control panel crimson the power saving feature and who need to enable or disabled this feature . I think is a good idea =)

18. idboms

idboms Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280x WF3 rev2
    Heh, the fluctuations are akin to "Gangnam style" for sure. :roll:

Though I have set a profile and it still does that. Base clocks at 1000/1500 and my little nudge of an OC to 1050/1500, no voltage control for my card sadly. I had it on 1120/1500 before, played the whole Witcher 3 plus the Hearts of stone DLC without any artifacts popping up, without any core voltage changes. Reduced the OC when I saw some minor artifacts in AC:S popping up now and then, though a lot of z-fighting type stuff happened in AC:U without any OC.

I can kinda mitigate the clock fluctuations by increasing the native resolution and adding some SSAA in the graphics setting of the emulator. That way it increases the GPU usage and there will be lesser fluctuations, looks like the emulator works that way. Only have this happen in the emulator so it's not a big deal. Tried the 15.11 crimson driver and the 15.10 catalyst one, works the same way.

Here the emulator is running the game in 3x native resolution and 4xSSAA:
    [​IMG]

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Can't you lock clocks with RadeonPro?

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    No voltage control is certainly not helping.

I have the advantage of MSI GPUs in AB, i can set values for tri-voltage control in this GPUs and even use force constant voltage.

Throttling shouldn't be bad per se in theory but in reality if the clocks are not locked at the same timings along all the gameplay/video playback session they need to vary (increase to max clock) when more GPU powa is needed what occurs...almost always too late to provide stable FPS and frametimes.

Sometimes when the clock bump arrive is not needed anymore and it drops again to the base clocks starting an always delayed try to be on par to GPU powa needs.

That's why (3D) locked clocks are mandatory while playing/multimedia.