Just Cause 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 15, 2014.

1. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Launch the Game for the first time last night, made all graphical Setup and set everything to the absolut Maximum (With my Rig, no Problems) and it runs totally fine.

Only Thing that got me confused was the "Launch" Screen. It kinda sits there while Rico looking out to the ocean...I stopped the game and launched it again, then waited for a Minute and it logged in (How much sense does it make for a singleplayer is beyond me).

I got no graphic issues or hitches. Framerate is rock stable. Game Looks pretty good, although it doesn't look that much better then JC2. Explosions look kinda the same, maybe just bigger and a bit more particles.

And still I don't like the voice from Rico. In JC2 he was rather very annoying.

Can't wait to blow more stuff up.

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    After 5 long years of waiting for a follow up to my favourite game JC2 I'm very sad to say Just Cause 3 has now been placed into my Steam trash list.

No matter what I do the game throws up multiple issues at me every time I launch where either the game goes into slow motion, freezes altogether, tanks fps constantly no matter the settings used, button prompts don't work when I reach missions, the start menu doesn't work, the map button doesn't work, I can see through mountains...I could go on.

I never thought I'd see a game released by Square Enix in this kind of state as we're so used to their excellent Nixxes PC ports. Why they didn't help out on this I have no idea but I severely wish they had. I'm beyond disappointed in Avalanche and have gone straight back to playing Max Max to attempt to save my love for them as a developer.

Mad Max 60fps. Everything works as it should. No fps tanking. I love playing it. If only I could say the same for this and honestly can't believe both games are using the same game engine and from the same developer house although different. :(

3. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    MILLION THANKS TO THIS GUY!!!
    its working :)

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    reviews r mixed on steam. lame.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Not sure if get this game or not, to those of you who played, how is it compared to JC2? lame and boring or yey i can blow the moon!!!

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Like, the same as far as I remember of JC2.

I like the grapple tether thing and the wingsuit is cool, some funny points in the story at the start.

7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Checked out a couple streams, watched a good couple hours and this just looks 100% copy/pasta JC2, and not the tasty pasta, the boring dull pasta that gets old and you dont want more after 2 bites.

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Forget performance issues and flickering textures, you know your game is ****ed when the start menu can't even load.

[​IMG]

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Great, so what does this mean?

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windo...-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's a bit weird but apparently while the game now has a SLI profile in these GameReady 359.06 drivers NVidia set said SLI flag bits so it's only running on the primary GPU if I understood it correctly.
    ("Single-SLI" as they've termed it.)

EDIT: I think the details were posted either earlier in this thread or the driver thread for 359.06 in the Nvidia Driver section of these forums, including what exact bit flag the SLI profile is using.
    (And explaining that said flag enforces single-GPU mode.)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Game runs great for me. At 1440p, everything maxed with FXAA I'm getting 70-80 fps all the time. Dipped to around 65 once or twice.

The only weird bug I've encountered so far after 2 hours is in one town there was a crowd of people all standing around 3 musicians that were playing invisible instruments.

12. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Games runs fine for me as well. Not on Ultra setting or anything but not on low either. A nice mix of medium and high settings.
    I don't get the hate at all surrounding this game. There are a ton of videos of people playing the game, showing exactly what to expect from the game. If you don't like what you see don't get it. If you do then why would the opinion someone else sway you? I mean, it's pretty much GTA played with a Spiderman who can fly, has infinite sticky bombs and isn't afraid of the civilian casualties caused by blowing up stuff with a rocket launcher or a fighter jet all in the name of liberating them from an evil dictator. If that doesn't sound fun then it's not the game for you and you won't like it regardless of the performance or Sli/Crossfire support.
    It plays pretty much the same as JC2 but it is improved upon in almost every way. Like a good sequel should.

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Start by getting rid of the AMD card ! Instead of putting the game in your steam trash bin, why don't you get an Nvidia card and put the AMD card in the garbage.. That's your problem.

14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Funny.. Like I said, maybe it wasn't Nvidia's fault with SLI.. And its NOT ! Check out the 3d guru front page.. People need to quit jumping to conclusions so fast. Don't buy a game at launch!

15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    This was my number one most looked forward to game for the Holiday season. I was planning to get it for Christmas for sure, whether it be as a gift from my wishlist or buy it outright. Now I kind of hope none of my family notice it... it's sounding like I may want to wait 6 months when it's more polished... although if it won't (possibly) ever have dual gpu support I may not ever get it. :(

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Isnt AMD's problem, game runs like a **** on your 770 as well.

17. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    There's been way too much of this nvidia/amd flamebaiting recently, infractions are going to start getting handed out if it continues so please guys, resist the urge to post such comments in future.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Get ****ed you ****ing idiot. The game is the problem not my card. Try reading some of the threads on Steam which indicate the game has issues on AMD, Nvidia and all over the net on PS4 and XBOX One.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/225540/announcements/detail/101692171981969216

Work has started on releasing a update to fix the various issues people have been reporting but there's no ETA on when it will be released.

https://steamdb.info/app/225540/history/

But if we check on SteamDB we can see that there's been some activity with the Q&A build recently so hopefully it won't be too long although I'm guessing at the earliest it'll be available sometime next week.
    (The various memory and video memory leaks are a pretty big issue and then there's other glitches, bugs and so on on top of that.)

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I hope they're fixing the flickering i'm having with global illumination enabled.