Nvidia GeForce Game ready 359.06 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Dec 1, 2015.

1. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    Driver installed and works without a hitch. Performance is the same as previous WHQL, just updated to support latest game releases. Driver tested for gaming/browsing on 970, 760, 560Ti and 540m. All works fine. WHQL signed too!

2. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

Honestly I play most brand new games if they are done well.
    I finished SOMA and Fallout 4 last week. I think SOMA is a better story.

However quake 4, Doom3 may be old but I recently redid all the physics, parallax, HBAO, treplaced maost high rez textures, got soft shadows, lighting etc all working and was very content to see a game more than a decade old look close to a game released this year. The game in its improved version is very demanding.

I enjoy not just playing games but in the gleaming out of them the most rez, physics, tweaks and eye candy at 4096x2160. In a few years I'll be trying to do the same thing on an 8k monitor, but that doesn't really matter here, the point was about something else.

SOMA and Fallout 4 didn't have 4gpu profiles so I made them and it worked.
    4 gpu's all working in AFR2 and liquid smooth high rez. But the profiles out now are crap. A lot of their profiles force single-gpu as their work around. Which is baffling, if a newbee like me can make a fully functional profile WHY can't NVidia with its offices full of engineers, do the same?

TO THE POINT
    The point of the note in the forum was not about those games or anything older. It was about a huge shift in the NVidia drivers after 353.62
    and that 359.06 is still full of those issues. The new drivers (after 353.62) are bloatware, unstable, underperforming and very very RAW

The point was that with Win 10 support, many things were sacrificed in NVidia

ps - Here is my rig and some of the dev work that went into it and the games
    peek and my post might make more sense:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403963

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  3. JulesCools

JulesCools Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black SLI
    Nobody else has the heart to say it, I have to. The comments section of a driver release announcement is the place where complete losers, just the rain gutter slime of pc gaming, go to announce they are garbage human beings. Practically none of you have any idea how game drivers work, but it's ok to criticize them because you are having issues. You realize that hundreds of thousands of other pc gamers aren't chatting with you? That cause they know what they're doing.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah well people also think SLI is priority it not SLI a minority thing, much like OCing, most people dont bother with either.. but people on enthusiasts forums dont think that cause there on enthusiasts forum were those said people come.

And getting the basics to work correct is a issue atm sli is lest of there worries

5. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    The last time I had major issues with nvidia drivers is when they use to not keep settings. This was with my 7900GS or 6600GT, back in the day.

You change something, save it. Re-open the control panel, and the setting reset. Annoying as hell.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Oh, SLI is fairly dependable...or used to be. Developer support has become more spotty. I'm not sure what you mean by 'discrete GPU users'. SLI is discrete GPU's just more than one. I ran SLI for many years with very few issues. Almost invariably it was a game engine issue. Considering FO4 is modified version of the same engine that supported SLI on the prior game versions, it was slightly surprising it did not support it at launch. Any how, for now, I'm just running a single 980ti, which is nearly equivalent to the SLI TITANS in my last config. I'm not sure why others expectations have you so riled up. Enthusiasts are bit less forgiving and expect more. It's the nature of the beast.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    On the other hand, to pretend that drivers do not have issues is pretty silly.
    Are you a developer for drivers?

8. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    I had that issue WITH the previous drivers, no issue with these new ones. It isn't these new drivers, plenty of folks with the problem prior.

Ultimately, edit the json file in \Documents\Square Enix\Just Cause 3\Saves\0 to resolve the problem with only having a windowed display available.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Wow. Some people in here seriously need a hug for bashing out on SLI users.

Downloaded from Guru3D website (not over GFE), uninstalled with DDU, easily installed without any troubles.
    As with 359.00 already my overclock was getting unstable, reduced core by 10MHz and now it seems to be fine again, cards running at 1500 (for now).

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    beta or WHQL is the same.

11. {WOR}lock

{WOR}lock Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3090
    Yeah nice trolling mate.

But to be clear your statement isn't correct. SLI has been fairly dependable across a majority of titles for years now. It's only a very recent thing (this year) that we're consistently seeing titles with no SLI support on release and engine development that refuses to take SLI in to consideration.

Majority or minority if you're going to put it in big letters across the box, you bloody well better support it. Especially when you run programs like TWIMTBP and are able to influence game developers directly.

12. I can see why you have more than 4,000 posts- being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. If you feel that making false claims about SLI's past or present reliability justify your purchase and make you feel good about yourself, have at it. Both Crossfire and SLI's shortcomings have been well documented throughout the years on every tech site you can name.
    Oh, and regarding Gamebryo: you went for a terrible example to make your argument. Past Fallout and ES games have been notoriously rife with problems for multi-GPU configurations. Try a google search if you don't believe me.

I'm not making any random unsubstantiated claims here. It's a shame that reality also seems to have bias against SLI, isn't it?
    Also, apparently having a disagreement on guru3d gets classified as "bashing" now. Absolutely zero need to get emotional.
    All I've seen thus far is a constant desire to claim victimhood from certain folks for no reason. Again- if you went for SLI expecting stellar, frequent and timely support for your favorite games, your disappointment is no one's fault but your own. There are plenty of educated multi-GPU users who have more realistic expectations and they feel better for it.

13. POST driver support and potentially multiple patches for each game.

14. Baldassano

Baldassano Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI 1080ti SHWK
    Driver support? SLI is either ON or OFF. The only "Driver Support" for it is if NVidia wants to put out na optimized SLI Profile for a game. Its 100% up to the game devs if they want to enable SLI for their titles/products.. I have had 6 SLI Setups starting from the 8800 Series, thru my current 980 GTX SLI, and in all the Years i have had it, I have had to Disable SLI to play a game 2 or 3 times MAX. (Last one was H1Z1 when it was having bad SLI issues), but now you dont even Have to disable it you can select to run a single GPU in the control panel.

So Yea.. SLI Never been an issue at all here.

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Upgrading over old drivers with modded inf once again not possible. DDU required, except now it works with only 2 reboots instead of 3 (standard gfx adapter detected properly without needing to reboot).

Geforce Experience also not available (I don't use anyway), the middle option says nview (which doesn't seem to do anything due to optimus). This happened with the last driver aswell. (bare in-mind modified Prema vbios nature of my system).

On a positive note still no crashes and I've tested COD:BO3 and did 3 full races in Project Cars (full practice, qualifying and races) rock solid. Looks good so far. GTX980M has been exceptionally good to me, it's amazing to see such performance. Powerful enough to even run some upscaling in COD:BO3 (120-130% very playable and looks great).

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    16-bit DSR still broken.
    AA Stutter bug still exists.

17. meth curd

meth curd Active Member

GPU:
    2080TI FE
    SLI isn't being marketed as some sort of experimental technology so it's perfectly reasonable to complain about lack of support and negative scaling, even if you take into account the issues that have been had in the past. Technology is supposed to improve and I don't see how promoting some sort of "shut up and deal with it or you're a literal child" attitude can lead to any progress on any end.

That being said, it's not very prudent to invest in SLI setups powered by mid-range cards because you're stuck with a single GPU that chokes when you crank the details up and have no working profile. If you're aiming for 4k, the lack of a profile can be an inconvenience but at least you can still get plenty of eye candy at 1440p until **** gets sorted.

Also I'm getting TDRs with these drivers.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    CrazyBaldhead, have you been running SLI systems in the past, or are you currently?

19. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    msaa still not working in assasin creed even with 1.21 patch

20. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I have the same problem with JC3 driver 359.00, texture flickering on doors and walls, and de flickers are more on white walls.Is this a problem for all or just me?

Windows 10 64 bit.