Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    That is very strange. Why would your watercooled cards run that hot all the sudden?

2. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Something strange happens at Amd.Remember memory leak in 15.9 driver.
    Some dirty hands doing this mess?

So back to 15.11.1 or dont use that bloody Overdrive.:)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Not cards.

Only GPU1 pass 80C, GPU0 stay at 45-50C.

When i see it 2 days ago i thought is strange that thermal pad "fried" after only 8 months in one card but when i saw the reports of Crimson and Agonist post...

Yes something bogus there, i almost fried my first GPU with the AMD CAT 14.3 fan problem with 290X Lighting when it was still on air so i know this nightmare stories are sometimes real.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    As always i do my Tweaks ;-)
    Crimson are the Best for me so far. (all games Custom Settings, close to Ultra/noAA or lowAA)
    BF4 Mantle -> np (1792:1344 90Hz)
    AC:Syndicate -> np, better Performance and game 'feels' light now ;-) (1792:1344 90Hz)
    SoMordor Goty STEAM -> np, a lot better performance +7FPS Low/+6FPS average in bench (1920:1440 86Hz)
    GRID AutoSp. Premium STEAM -> np, better performance (1920:1440 86Hz)
    HoMM VII Deluxe uPlay -> alot better ver. 1.5 (1792:1344 90Hz)
    Some OGL Games also have better performance, average +6-9FPS
    Rainbow 6 Siedge -> np, Great Performance + Fast responsiveness (1792:1344 90Hz)
    In all games i have Shader Cache On (not in Mantle, cuz Mantle have this since begining -> hmm now we know why we have S.Cache in all games now :nerd: )

IMO Great Driver, Stable and as for driver is 15.8 WHQL (check dxdiag) :)

For OC i'm using Moded Sapphire TriXX -> avaible for download on My Mega Cloud, in dir/Zz Gamers Soft You NEED
    It's only one soft that is capable to change my Voltage.

5. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    That's funny, when I posted a video about my clocks fluctuating all the time generating stutter in Fallout 4 some people immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was just my lack of RAM even though it was happening in other games as well. I guess whatever it takes to make you seem smart in the forums right?

Anyways, I hope AMD fixes this **** ASAP.

6. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    I dont know if this is like a discover gold but: that press leaked driver have new driver package version than official driver.Could be official driver "unpatched" versus the press driver?
    This driver problem is obvious in leaked version?

Official Driver Packaging Version
    15.30.1025-151117a-296575C

Leaked driver version:
    15.30.1025-151117a-296603E
    https://i.imgur.com/EXE3qKi.jpg

Audio driver is ofc from August 2015: 11/08/2015.(EU style) :D

7. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    One more thing guys,this problem happens exclusively in Windows 10 or in Win 7/8.1?

8. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Your core clock was fluctuating or was it your GPU usage? This core clock fluctuation only appeared with the Crimson drivers, it wasn't an issue before that. If I recall, you posted your issue before Crimson was released.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    No, AMD is not always guilty for game problems.

Some ppl really want to believe that some game devs doesn't want to sell their games to everybody around and their dogs and lie on purpose to possible customers when they set minimum requeriments to play games.

Bethesda ask for a bare minimum of 8 GB of RAM to play Fallout 4 on Windows.

I don't think Bethesday hate PC owners with only 4 GB of RAM so much that it doesn't want their money.

:rolleyes:

When someone has bad performance playing this game with only 4 GB of RAM he can't blame Bethesda or AMD.

Fill minimum requeriments and then ask why is not working fine.

Until now with requeriments filled the main culprit of Fallout 4 problems is Bethesda to deliver us (PC users) a yet unpolished game who needs a lot of bug fixing and a proper multi-card support.

After that (maybe) AMD drivers could do something to fix performance problems with AMD GPUs.

10. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Stop spreading lies (one of your posts in the 15.11.1 beta thread):

You never ever mentioned fluctuating core clocks. In the video you can see the the core clock isn't entirely stable, but that's not the issue you stated. You can be as stubborn and as arrogant as you like, but 4 GB is way to low for fallout 4. In some place the game was using around 5GB of RAM (in very dense city areas) and you are telling me that 4GB is enough? You are right, i just wanted to look smart. I wasn't posting some real facts, no, i was lying to make me look very very smart. In fact all the other idiots on this forum that have way more knowledge about this stuff, are just lying to your face to look smart.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nobody force you to buy additional RAM but for 29.9 US$ you can buy a G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 RAM kit at newegg who add dual channel memory and a clear jump in performance to any Windows PC sporting a mere 4 GB RAM.

It's Cyber Monday today.

Who knows?

Maybe there are even better deals out there.

I don't think 30 bucks is going to make anybody who spend the double in any game bankrupt!

:D

12. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    EDIT: Let's just forgot about this, shall we?

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Really?

I supposed his CPU and mobo used DDR3.My bad.

Well ebay has a huge selection of 2nd hand components.

14. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Lol, i just confused him with somebody else ;) In his post i quoted above you can even see that he is saying he has DDR3. Oeps :p

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Rex and I were replying to someonelikeyou "outsmarting" comments not yours.

I will never dare to say a word about your lightning fast guitar!

16. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    If i remember correctly he also was a very good halo player and that did make his old system awesome. I think he was the one that had the DDR2 memory and posted a fallout 4 video that was a stuttery mess. I'm not saying that fraps wasn't the cause of this, but it absolutely didn't prove anything.

17. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    The video didn't proof anything. It was stuttering alot. Sure, it might be fraps that caused it, but my imagination cannot undo that stutter :p

Playing Fallout 4 with only 4GB of ram doesn't mean you cannot play the game or that it will crash all the time, but you might run into problems. I somehow doubt that the lack of ram wouldn't have an huge impact in the place where the game alone uses 5GB of ram. Those places are also very cpu intensive. My total system memory in those places (including all other applications) is 7,5 - 8 GB. This doesn't even include the amount of commited ram.

I haven't tested it myself, but adding some extra ram could have a huge impact on performance. Don't forgot that (according to some benchmarks) ram speed does seem to have a huge impact on the framerate. So it's very likely that 4GB of slow DDR 2 memory will have an impact on the performance/framerate.

But you know what. If you are happy with how the game performance, just keep playing the game and enjoy it. Nobody force you to buy new memory and if you think it's not necessary. That's fine. ;)

18. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    You can see IN THE VIDEO that it's fluctuating, why would I need to mention it?

The other guy who was having problems said he went back to 15.9 for it to be fixed, I don't know if he tested 15.11.1 to see if the problem is already there, I wish he would.

Since this is not an AMD issue according to you why do these people manage to run the game without stutter, better than me, with worse or equivalent setups AND at higher graphic settings/resolution?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYJtAI-qpw4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLAvu1Xj9as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bP8bZmjrA0 (even using ddr2 ram unlike me, also note the STABLE core clock)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev7yfNw0g30

But surely this isn't a problem with AMD, my guess would be that all the videos are fake footage.

I could buy an extra 4GB stick to prove you wrong but why bother if I can run everything else just fine even with an unstable clock? I'd rather buy an SSD.

Anyways I won't waste more time with this, have fun

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Ya, never let the reality prove you wrong.

Nice move to buy a SSD to try to play games that can't be properly played using only 4 GB of RAM.

You should be kind an mail Bethesda ASAP about their wrong minimum requirement of 8 GB of RAM to play Fallout 4.

They are loosing a lot of money from users with only 4 GB of RAM who didn't buy the game because Bethesda lied to them on purpose.

20. Spectrobozo

Spectrobozo Guest

GPU:
    8600GT
    it seems like Crimson legacy Beta removed OpenCL support?