MSI Afterburner 4.2.0 is approaching

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
    I've found a way to disable it with Crimson on my Sapphire Fury, instead of "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" key I had to edit the "PP_EscapeInput" key, and for the min (300 MHz) max (1090 MHz in my case) I had to set the same clocks to avoid the PowerPlay switches. This way my card always run at 1090/500 MHz
    In some applications like Furmark the GPU still throtles back due to PowerLimit but it works in games - Just don't set any overclocking/OverDrive profiles in Radeon settings because that will mess it up.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Great news Unwinder :)

3. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Thank you...!

4. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Please enable the MSI Afterburner to safely clock my Titan X to 2000Mhz core. :p

5. dwiewolverine

dwiewolverine Guest

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 Ti SLI
    yeahhh..very..very..very..much like this..big appreciate for your time & hard work unwinder:)
    :banana::banana::banana:

6. n2k3

n2k3 Member

GPU:
    2xGTX 980 Ti Lightning
    Thanks Unwinder, looking forward to this version as proud owner of two MSI 980 Ti Lightnings :)

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    thanks dude kick ass man!!!!

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

RTSS 6.4.1 changes list has been appended. We added profile for Assassin's Creed Syndicate to provide proper OSD rendering in this game.

9. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Very nice. I have a question though. If I understood correct there was a bug with Nvapi where driver was crashing due to apps trying to access it like MSI AB with the newer Nvidia drivers. I for my self was getting "driver kernel stopped working blabla" error message with AB installed (no OC applied). I get this error the past months it happens only when AB is installed or a similar app like Precision X. Any news about that? Did Nvidia fixed this? Sorry If I didn't exactly understood the situation on this.

10. Unwinder

NVIDIA declared that bug is fixed in 353.38. If you beleive that it is the same issue and it is still affecting your system (i.e if your system is stable with 352.xx and older drivers and start crashing with 353.xx and newer drivers only) - contact NVIDIA. And please discuss driver related isses in appropriate forum sections, I'd really like to avoud seein this thread flooded with it.

11. Unwinder

Somehow I missed the question, sorry. Internal accumulator for total VRAM usage calculations is 64-bit. If you wish to try if it is giving you expected results and accept NDA - contact me via PM and I'll provide you link to private beta.

12. Unwinder

Guys, I need a tester with two AMD Fiji based cards (NANO / FURY) in Crossfire config. I'd like to verify how GPU voltage is being reported by SMC on the secondary card in ULPS mode.

13. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    I've got 4x Fury X in QuadFire. Can disable two graphics cards via Radeon Setting/Catalyst Control Center if needed. Happy to help.

14. Unwinder

Excellent, thanks! No need to disable anything, 4 GPUs are even better. Check the PM and please reply in PM as well.

15. swing848

swing848 Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Lightning
    Thank you for your hard work

Thank you, and keep up the great work !!

My primary concern:

I have an MSI GTX 980 Ti Lightning LE, will the new Afterburner effect it in the same manner as the regular Lightning? I have not been able to find any hardware difference between the Lightning and the Lightning LE. Please let me know of any differences, if there are any, and if three are, how that will impact Afterburner.

Also, on a different subject, I have been leery of Steam for many years and how it's software works. I finally installed it recently to download and play games, and would like to know if any of it's software creates conflicts with MSI Afterburner.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

16. Ibn

Ibn Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 3GB

17. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    I have never had any issues with afterburner and steam or steam overlays.

18. Unwinder

RTSS 6.4.1 will also include built-in OSD profile for recently released Just Cause 3. In meanwhile you can create OSD profile for it yourself. To do it just open .\ProfileTemplates subforlder in RTSS installation folder, take built-in compatibility profile file for any NVIDIA GameWorks title (e.g. BatmanAK.exe.cfg) and copy it to JustCause3.exe.cfg

19. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    @Unwinder, how's beta testing goin? Still approooaching? :D

20. Unwinder

Hilbert is offline till Dec 5th, we'll launch it once he return.